2018 Texas Baseball Thread

Horny Bull

19 hours ago, Fletch said:

Sunday was shocking. I wasn't able to watch the game. Checking the game thread once every 30 or whatever minutes you'd swear to god we were getting swept by someone like Lamar. Nope. Just took 2 of 3 from a top 10 team on the road

palabra 

12 minutes ago, troph said:

Taking my boys to the game tonight... fuck the “it’s a school night” bullshit. Last day is in two weeks, we’re checking out starting .... tod..., a few weeks ago!

Go Horns! Beat the toads!

You're going to be pretty lonely there.

Edited by txhorns

You're going to be pretty lonely there.

Shit I’m a week early !! Thank god I posted it. Damn. Well next week then ! Will take my boys to the park and pretend we are the horns while taking some batting practice.

21 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

They've got us as the 14th seed with aggy, St. Johns, and Sam Houston.  I like that regional, but as the 14th seed they have us matching up with #3 seed North Carolina which would be tough, but possible.  Better than Florida or Stanford anyway.

Wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if they placed Texas at No. 15 to Stanford’s likely No. 2. I feel like those teams used to meet up a lot in the postseason. Outside aggy and rice, they’re basically Texas’s biggest baseball “rival.”

Also, Unc totally choked in their own regional to a 4-seed last year, and kind of like Florida State, they’ve made a name for themselves doing that often. Basically the entire reason aggy pranced to Omaha last year was because unc croaked. Wouldn’t be surprised if that happened again. 

Would sure love to see David Pierce reach his first super regional this year by getting to stay in austin

1 hour ago, X-Wing @Aliciousness said:

Wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if they placed Texas at No. 15 to Stanford’s likely No. 2. I feel like those teams used to meet up a lot in the postseason. Outside aggy and rice, they’re basically Texas’s biggest baseball “rival.”

I have a feeling that if Texas hosts, that we end up getting matched with either Florida or Stanford in the Supers.  I would really prefer to matched up when anyone else.  That's why I almost think that the Horns would be better off as a 2 seed.

Edited by NeverMarryAStripper

From what I've been able to gather, these are some of the teams we should keep an eye on as it pertains to our hosting chances. There are definitely more teams that fall into this category, so feel free to add teams/debate.

Uconn

Stetson

East Carolina

UCLA

aggy should be worried. If they lose 2 of 3 to a hot S Car team at home, that's a 13-17 finish in the SEC, and like Kendall said, that's pretty tough.  Finishing 12-18 after two consecutive sweeps, and you can essentially write them off as finished barring a miracle in their conference tournament.

I'm intrigued to check out texags again today to witness more of their rankings bitching, but my brain can only take so much punishment

1 hour ago, texasstrong12 said:

I hope we get aggy in a regional. They are really good at home and suck on the road. 7-10 on the road and 25-6 at home. 

Guessing their non conference was filled with home series vs shit teams again. 

Road record probably is their conference road record, or close to it. 

They do like to pad their numbers vs fluff and then brag about it. 

29 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

As of today, their non conference SOS is 170. For comparison, ours is 28. 

18 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Sounds like every SEC team in every sport.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

SEC SEC SEC

This is the sum total of aggy's non-conference road games:

@ Rice - W 13-4

Aaaaannnnddddd, that's it. Fucking pathetic.

They did have four neutral site games out of conference.  Three at the Frisco tournament (L to La Tech, W over Baylor and W over Cal) and one at Whataburger Field vs a&m-cc (W).

1 hour ago, texasstrong12 said:

https://d1baseball.com/projections/projected-field-of-64-may-15/

I would take this draw over several hosting options. Stetson as the 1, Texas as the 2, Illinois as the 3 and Marist as the 4. 

Hell yes I'd take that.

And A&M @ Stanford?  What a bloodbath.

Edited by jimmyjazz

5 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

https://d1baseball.com/projections/projected-field-of-64-may-15/

I would take this draw over several hosting options. Stetson as the 1, Texas as the 2, Illinois as the 3 and Marist as the 4. 

that would be awesome but when has the tournament ever given us a great schedule? Other then the FL st super match up  LOL

Don't want to start a new topic about the MSU Baseball Coach search but the Hot name that is looking very realistically is Jim Schlossnagle

Opinions on Schloss? and how happy would Texas be to get him out of the conference. 

I have watched a handful of games between y'all and it's always very entertaining. 

Other names being mentioned are Dan McDonnell and Tim Corbin. Tadlock of Tech was mentioned also but Cohen is all but saying we have our guy already. 

Quotes from an Interview with AD John Cohen interview yesterday on a radio show. 

Will this position pay 1.5 mil+? "The coaches we are considering make a lot of money. This position will pay at the top of the scale"

- The new coach has multiple CWS experience 

- The interest for this job has been above my expectations. We've had interest from Hall of Fame coaches. 

- We will not disrupt someone's season by naming coach early. 

1 hour ago, msudawg said:

Quotes from an Interview with AD John Cohen interview yesterday on a radio show. 

Will this position pay 1.5 mil+? "The coaches we are considering make a lot of money. This position will pay at the top of the scale"

- The new coach has multiple CWS experience 

- The interest for this job has been above my expectations. We've had interest from Hall of Fame coaches. 

- We will not disrupt someone's season by naming coach early. 

Wow, so they had more interest and higher expectations in their coaching search than we did....

21 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

The only thing worse than being the coach that follows a legend is being the coach that follows TWO legends.

Don't forget out of the 5 total coaches, our field is also named after 2 of them, and have the two recent legends.  Nobody cares about that other coach though...

Edited by Doc Holliday