Joey Kramer suing Aerosmith

Carl Spackler

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/23/entertainment/drummer-joey-kramer-aerosmith-court-case/index.html

I'm not really an Aerosmith fan, but this caught my eye for a few reasons.  First, it's always interesting when band members who have been working together for decades have a parting of the ways.  It's sad but fascinating at the same time.  Second, it reminds me of when Bun E. Carlos of Cheap Trick (a band that I love) got into litigation with his bandmates.  Third, I was reading elsewhere that the other band members hired security guards to bar Kramer from the studio where they were rehearsing for the Grammys.  You'd think they would at least be willing to talk to the guy even if they don't want to play with him, esp. after nearly 50 years together.  Guess not.     

Anyone know what was/is going on with Kramer? 

His version is "minor injuries";  the bands version is "he has not been emotionally or physically able to perform with the band  . . . for 6 months."

I suspect there are addiction issues involved.

ETA:  In July 2019, the band opined that Kramer was not able to properly operate the pedal on his bass drum and he hasn’t performed with them since. Furthermore, the filing discloses, Kramer entered a rehabilitation clinic for dependency issues but left early “against the recommendation of his addiction counselor.”

Edited by Jerry Callo

25 minutes ago, freyguy said:

All those motherfuckers must hate the shit out of eachother.  Very sad, they made some great music.

I liked Nine Lives but think I checked out around the Armageddon soundtrack.   Early Aerosmith and the late 80's/early 90's "Big Ones" era was my jam in middle school.  

Saw them in Vegas last month, those MFers still rock.  Great show, venue they are doing their residency was really good (one of the MGM properties).  Some of the best acoustics I've ever heard for a concert that size.  Thought they outperformed the Stones, saw them back in June.  Can't say I missed Joey Kramer.