New Whataburger with New Architectural Design Theme Opens in Austin

Hornius Emeritus

1 hour ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

And Whataburger isn't fast food ?  I hit  one in El Paso in September on the way to Nevada. Not impressed in the least. Am I missing something ?

Food wise? You're not missing anything?

Texans blind, slavish devotion to something they think embodies Texas? 

Maybe WAB was worth it before. It's not now.

10 hours ago, Asithappens said:

Carpetbaggers?

Like Texas was part of the deep south like those abominations Alabama, Mississippi, and Georgia?

Let's not suck on the confederacy cock too much, boys.

Yeah, well, Kentucky didn’t even secede. I think you’re missing Mr. Crowder’s point.

I'm having a hard time working up a good rage about this. 

It's not a secret that there is a range of service at the place. I don't give a damn about the architecture. 

Chicken E used to walk out to the drive to get your order. CFA does every time. I don't like their half assed chicken sammich but they damn sure sell a bunch. 

Big bag of meh. Don't care. Gimme a #2 with jalapenos and big fries. I don't care if it is one of the last holdouts of the A-frame or some new fangled over built BS. Gimme the burger and fries and make it snappy. 

17 hours ago, Fondren & Main said:

Stupid dickhead Yankees.  You want to fix whataburger then start stealing away execs from Chick Fil A.

You want them to close on Sundays?

11 hours ago, Asithappens said:

Carpetbaggers?

Like Texas was part of the deep south like those abominations Alabama, Mississippi, and Georgia?

Let's not suck on the confederacy cock too much, boys.

If you think Texas didn't have carpetbaggers, you need to do some review.

I once drove thru corpus on my way to padre with my wife and 2 yo daughter. 

Kid had a bad diaper so we stopped at a Whataburger to clean her up. I’m standing around the women’s room checking out the hoodlems and making sure the family is good. Wife comes out and says, “there are so many roaches in there”. 

I said, “cool, I’m gonna order a double meat, double cheese. You want anything?”

Because it’s that good. 

I wasn't (and am still not) a fan of the Chicago private equity firm buying out a Texas institution, but like iconoclast said, they just need to deliver a kick-ass burger. 
As far as the new look? Anything that looks more like a P Terry's is a plus, imo. 

Was just about to post, “it looks like an orange p Terry’s”

23 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Yup.  And a #2 with cheese, bacon, grilled onions, and grilled jalapenos.

actually you need a #5 with an extra patty, grilled onions, and grilled jalapenos.

unless you just want to spend extra cash, in which case you get a #4 with an extra patty, bacon, and grilled onions.

3 identical meals, 3 different prices.

Edited by elfenix
  • Like 2

Just now, elfenix said:

actually you need a #5 with an extra patty, grilled onions, and grilled jalapenos.

unless you just want to spend extra cash, in which case you get a #4 with an extra patty, bacon, and grilled onions.

i don't know why those all cost different amounts, but they do.

I order it the way I said it, and I light my cigars with $100 bills.

18 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

That used to be true. I would gladly go back to when they were made to order. Not made to sit under heat lamp. 

Whataburger gets such a low-quality grade worker it doesn't matter how they try to do things. It's gonna be a shit-show either way.