D O M

RPM

Now, you're out on the wing, and you're looking at me. Come on. You're looking at me, and l give you the signal to go! Now you're arching and counting. lt's , . There's nothing happening! When you get to six, you look up over your shoulder. lt's a screamer! Cut away! Pull the D rings! Oh, God! Oh, shit! You're gonna burn in. Tuck and cover! Tuck and cover! Hit the reserve! Look out! You're gonna burn in, man. Come on! Look out! Here comes the ground! Let it go.

You gotta be cool, dude. Do that in the real thing, and you'll bounce.

• Like 2

The ending of that movie just kills me inside.  I was Kevin Costner's character in that movie.  I screwed a bunch of really good friends - and girlfriend - over before leaving Austin.  I went through a wild phase where I just did whatever the f I wanted, to hell with anyone's feelings.  The girl in the movie looks quite a bit like the aforementioned college girlfriend.  I was a very caring person when I got to college and consider myself the same as a post-college adult.  It just really sucks that I met some of the greatest people in college who know me as an asshole.

I actually watch the last 15 mins or so of this movie about once a month, so props for starting the thread.

• Like 1

It really has some of the greatest 15 final minutes of any film I’ve seen.  

In fact, while in law school during the late 90s I was flipping through the channels late one night and caught the last 15 minutes of the film. I thought to myself, “Holy shit, I don’t know what this movie is about but that ending just killed me.” I saw the title of the movie, rented it from the Blockbuster across from Dirty Martin’s, and have been in love with the film ever since.

• Like 1

Yeah, im 34. Hadnt seen this movie until I was 30. Bought the DVD on Amazon because of Shaggy’s rec’s back then.

About 3/4 of the way through the movie, I was thinking to myself, “this movie is pretty decent. I guess im having fun.”

But after the ending hits, I remember sitting in my chair, in silence, absolutely floored. Kevin Costners look as his ex walks away and out of his life is one of the best 10 seconds of acting ive ever seen. Also, the “have a nice life” remark is almost chilling. The “Its For You” by Pat Metheny... I mean come on. Ive been to almost all of the filming locations the past few years and still cant believe this movie didnt get a wider release. 

fucking spielberg.... when they screened the initial cut for him at Amblin, he didnt like it and had Amblin pull its name and backing from the film, effectively killing any chance it had.

however, Fandango is one of Quentin Tarantino’s favorite films and He also called it the best directorial debut ever (re: kevin reynolds). 

in my opinion, its one of the most underrated films ever and easily the one film I wish everyone would watch at least once in their lives. The last 10 min of the movie alone is worth the 79 minute run time

Edited by GreenspointTexas
Word vomit
  • Like 3

I had never even heard of this movie until the late 90's.  I was walking through a video store in Knoxville and saw that the back cover had a University of Texas pennant in the background and rented it because of that.

The Pat Metheny song is so far from the type of music I enjoy; however, I've probably listened to this song 1,000+ times since then.