CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

On 2/24/2020 at 8:45 AM, Goredho said:

I'll save our President and resident Trumpkins some time...

Hilary and the do nothing Dems created this virus as revenge for 2016 and for the failed impeachment HOAX!!! Killing millions to keep America from being Great Again!  DO SOMETHING!!!

HILLARYCRAZY+-+11.jpg

Has anyone looked into how much Gilead and Regeneron stock HRC owns???

1 hour ago, BrickHorn said:

Rush Limbaugh has lung cancer, which is a precondition that makes him particularly vulnerable to this virus.  He’s also a fat male in his late 60s, all of which are additional risk factors.  If he comes into contact with COVID-19, there’s a very good chance it will kill him.  

kimmy schmidt good luck GIF by Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

I’m so tempted to call this guy a dumb ass N**** and I’m not even racist at all. Good god this man is ignorantly stupid.

these people really are crafting their own reality. The coronavirus could give some of them a rude awakening.

Edited by Voldemort86
  • Fuck You 8

8 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

I’m so tempted to call this guy a dumb ass N**** and I’m not even racist at all. Good god this man is ignorantly stupid.

If that's a word that pops into your head when you're trying to think of something insulting, then you might have some racists tendencies as we all, unfortunately, do.

Know thyself.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

these people really are crafting their own reality. The coronavirus could give some of them a rude awakening.

Whatever you say, Voldemort

• Like 2

1 minute ago, wildcat09 said:

Kudlow coming out with the "remain calm, all is well" routine is the surest sign that we're completely fucked.

This.  The virus has, literally, billions of potential vectors into the US general population, and we are still allowing travel in from umpteen countries (including numerous countries with confirmed cases), not to mention the confirmed cases already here.  It's inevitable that it will arrive here in an uncontrolled fashion.

We're led by a squad of lying clowns.  Imagine how bad a pandemic can get.  Now, imagine how bad it can get when your pandemic response team is led by people the Three Stooges would call incompetent.

19 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Counterpoint.  Think I'd rather listen to the CDC than Larry "Captain Cocaine" Kudlow, but that's just me.

https://www.axios.com/coronavirus-cases-count-united-states-6c7b12f1-42e5-4316-af04-60008a4216ae.html?utm_campaign=sitaware

57 people have been diagnosed with novel coronavirus in the U.S., an increase in cases largely driven by the repatriation of American citizens from the cruise ship Diamond Princess in Japan, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention announced Tuesday.

The big picture: As more countries experience community-wide transmission, CDC official Dr. Nancy Messonnier told reporters that it's now a question of when the same will happen in the U.S. — and how many citizens will develop a severe illness.

Two of the cases were contracted through person-to-person contact.

The CDC outlined standard public health measures to mitigate spread of the virus on Tuesday, including what closing schools and businesses would look like in a U.S. pandemic.

"We really want to prepare the American public for the possibility that their lives will be disrupted," Messonnier said.

Schools and workplaces may need to explore tele-commuting and online assignments. Hospitals also may need to regroup patients.

Edited by Francisco 2.0

1 hour ago, Voldemort86 said:

Yeah, feel free to fuck right off.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

The virus has, literally, billions of potential vectors into the US general population, and we are still allowing travel in from umpteen countries (including numerous countries with confirmed cases), not to mention the confirmed cases already here.  It's inevitable that it will arrive here in an uncontrolled fashion.

MV5BMmQ0OGFlOTAtOWI0Zi00MDg4LWJmZDktNjI3

3 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

jesus fucking christ

Shit, man, you're looking at this all wrong. It isn't a tweet from a POS who then got elected president suggesting that the sitting president at the time needs to contract a major illness and die. It's an opportunity for someone to goad the same fucktard into being man enough to live up to his word and have more integrity than Obama and go hug some folks with Cornoavirus. 

I mean, he doesn't have any integrity at all, but he does have a massive ego and can be goaded into doing shit. Plus there's an outside shot Trump actually believes he is immortal. There's a chance, right?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Shit, man, you're looking at this all wrong. It isn't a tweet from a POS who then got elected president suggesting that the sitting president at the time needs to contract a major illness and die. It's an opportunity for someone to goad the same fucktard into being man enough to live up to his word and have more integrity than Obama and go hug some folks with Cornoavirus. 

I mean, he doesn't have any integrity at all, but he does have a massive ego and can be goaded into doing shit. Plus there's an outside shot Trump actually believes he is immortal. There's a chance, right?

No.  And with our luck he probably is fucking immortal.

Not to belabor the point, but we (all of us) need to get much better at recognizing this shit. This is from a couple of days ago:
Thousands of Russian-linked social media accounts have launched a coordinated effort to spread misinformation and alarm about coronavirus, disrupting global efforts to fight the epidemic, US officials have said.
The disinformation campaign promotes unfounded conspiracy theories that the US is behind the new coronavirus outbreak, in an apparent bid to damage America’s image around the world.
State department officials tasked with combatting Russian disinformation told Agence France-Presse (AFP) false personas were being used on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to advance Russian talking points in multiple languages.
“Russia’s intent is to sow discord and undermine US institutions and alliances from within, including through covert and coercive malign influence campaigns,” said Philip Reeker, the acting assistant secretary of state for Europe and Eurasia.
“By spreading disinformation about coronavirus, Russian malign actors are once again choosing to threaten public safety by distracting from the global health response,” he said.
Some accounts have falsely claimed the US is waging “economic war on China” and that the virus is a biological weapon manufactured by the CIA.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/feb/22/coronavirus-russia-disinformation-campaign-us-officials

A president who wasn’t a complete pussy and probably also a Russian agent wouldn’t stand for this Russian shit and would hit them hard with more sanctions. But since we have a dotard...

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

No.  And with our luck he probably is fucking immortal.

Hey now, that spice recipe the Colonel uses is legit. That dude lived forever.

In my Trumpy part of the world, there are grumblings about his handling of this but my guess the cult will reassimilate as soon as they get their talking points figured out.

17 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

holy fucking shit, you may just be on to something:

source.gif

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Rush Limbaugh just said in the radio today seasonal flu has a higher mortality rate and that the media is just making Coronavirus a big deal to blame trump. And people believe this bullshit.

They can die with Rush.  I'm headed to Costco in an hour.

31 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I think this is a bad idea. The person he greets will survive and Fox will proclaim that Trump can heal people with his touch. Pretty soon, there will be a petition to the Catholic Church that he be made a saint.

• Haha 1

With the tendency of the virus to harm the elderly the sad part is that Stephen Miller could be the last one standing. Overall age in the cabinet is on the gray side.

Cool thing on the Twitter. I was looking at the trends, and COVID-19 is trending. When you click on it, a message from the CDC pops up. So they are trying to combat misinformation. Good for them, at least for people who actually pay attention to that as opposed to bot posts.

28 minutes ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

I think this is a bad idea. The person he greets will survive and Fox will proclaim that Trump can heal people with his touch. Pretty soon, there will be a petition to the Catholic Church that he be made a saint.

don't drag us into this.  https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign-polls/484394-trump-trails-democratic-challengers-among-catholic-voters-despite

Alan Dershowitz argued that a quid pro quo involving a president's political benefit was fine because all presidents believe their elections are in the public's interest.

Now we have to wonder, in Donnie Darko's brain, where does his moral compass put a limit on that logic?  Could it possibly extend to downplaying a public health threat that may result in the sickness or death of tens of thousands if full disclosure hurts his chances at re-election?    I mean, he would still believe his re-election was in the public's interest, but there's no way he would withhold the seriousness of a worldwide pandemic from Americans just to keep the economy rolling in the hope that it does not hit us hard until after the election, right?  Even he couldn't be that sociopathically immoral, right?

tenor.gif

Edited by Goredho

The real problem with the Pandemic is that the US is NOT LEADING.  We are hoping for warm weather, and containment in the US.  Beyond our borders "who gives a fuck" is the US attitude currently to most everything. This attitude and the general lack of competency that Trump projects to foreign leaders, means we are now largely unable to truly lead anymore..  Right now there are supposedly 80,414 total cases confirmed.  From that pool you have 27,904 recovered and 2,708 deaths.  My assumption is that the raw number is at least double in reality, just taking in China's usual lack of transparency and no numbers at all from North Korea.  There is currently a nearly 9% death percentage on the reported numbers. It's likely worse with the most likely under reported number from China likely being deaths.

That's just the health issue. in the US, just wait until your noodle head facebook new source folks start rushing to fill up their cars and hoard food.  I'm praying this is not the case in the US.  Nut the lack of a sense of early urgency from the US has to be only viewed as a negative from a controlling the disease perspective.  I've been watching the smaller, more third world type countries as any spike in those is going to be a potential explosion without any outside assistance.  I'm actually surprised it took the market so long to react.  Supply chain disruption on so many different levels is just beyond the horizon.  

Edited by horn4life

"I would argue that the colossal mismanagement of the Executive branch over the last four years has minimized the efficacy of all government agencies to the point that FEMA, the CDC, and others lack the necessary bureaucratic efficiency necessary to protect the population, because they're constantly undermined by political hacks. It's a big part of the story, whether you like it or not."

• Like 1

• immamac changed the title to CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk