CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

11 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

And he’s still rocking the labial neck wattle.

780e5c910469f09f9e711e4bf3f24ee4.jpg

The disembodied voice of Morgan Freeman says, “Of all his misdeeds, Trump’s ruin of the camel toe would be his worst.”

Edited by Goredho

1 hour ago, FondrenRoad said:

Yeah, not to mention Vancouver probably has triple the interaction with China than all of Mexico combined.

Latinos cant catch a break with these fuckheads. They even get blamed for diseases which could easily be xenophobically tied to another race. 

Not just another race but Godless Communists to boot. But the Trumps and Kushners do a lot of business in China. How many trademarks has China awarded to Ivanka since her daddy became president?

2 minutes ago, Lurch said:

Totally normal

Florida's state government are the ultimate Trumpkins.  I have 0 faith they'll do anything to risk losing suction on dear leaders saggy cheeto flavored power teet.

Tourism at all costs...  the spice must flow!

White House hopeful Mike Bloomberg bought three minutes of network TV time to deliver remarks about the coronavirus outbreak Sunday night as he tries to contrast his leadership style from President Donald Trump’s. 

The former New York mayor’s campaign will run a three-minute taped address on CBS and NBC at about 8:30 p.m. ET on Sunday, it said Saturday. The purchase from the billionaire businessman, who has already spent more than $500 million on his campaign, shows the reach his wealth gives him as 2020 Democratic candidates criticize the president’s response to the global crisis. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/29/coronavirus-bloomberg-buys-3-minute-ad-on-cbs-nbc-to-address-outbreak.html

So how many tests do we actually have available currently via CDC and SDOH? Anybody seen data on that? These guys on CNN are pushing "test everybody", in same vein as the FL piece, but there are certain reality constraints involved here.    

The reality that we’re not prep’d as well as S Korea?

8 minutes ago, deech said:

The entire government response to date has been do not test because we do not want to know and then have to report the truth.

And when they die, it will be because God hates healthcare, and doctors are evil educated liberals, so it really is for the better.

15 minutes ago, Lurch said:

The reality that we’re not prep’d as well as S Korea?

Well, frankly yes.  But also recognizing that there is a substantial different between SK and USA on any number of factors that would be relevant in this situation. 

6 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Yeah I'd like to see them try that. Maybe Maga soldiers will come to the California border and pick the vegetables that Merica eats? 

4 hours ago, triplehorn said:

This ain't no thang, it's exactly how I wake up after a booze and Adderall bender. 

4 hours ago, Goredho said:

The disembodied voice of Morgan Freeman says, “Of all his misdeeds, Trump’s ruin of the camel toe would be his worst.”

I see I'm not the only one who has thought of banging his vagina throat. Surl gonna Surl you sick sonovabitch

spacer.png

• Haha 1

“It’s complete chaos,” a senior administration official said. “Everyone is just trying to get a handle on what the [expletive] is going on.”

He (Trump)grew frustrated as he watched the markets plummet and was particularly fixated on Nancy Messonnier, the director of the CDC’s National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, who in a briefing Tuesday warned that the virus’s spread to the United States was no longer a question of “if” but “exactly when this will happen.”

Trump did not, however, name a single “czar,” as some previous administrations have done during health emergencies. The president decided against that option after worrying that bringing in a person from outside the administration might be seen as a failure — and wondering whether such a person would be loyal to him, according to those familiar with the debate.

(More worried about loyalty to him than doing what’s right. I know that shocks everyone.)

Many HHS employees fretted that financial concerns, rather than public health considerations, were dictating the administration’s response, one of the officials added.

So reassuring.
  • Like 2

Maybe it's been mentioned in this thread already (and if it has, fuck you I'm not sorry), but given the multitude of geriatrics who are going to be gladhanding everyone they meet over the next 8 months in the 2020 race, it would seem to me that the odds of one or more of them coming down with serious complications of corona are quite high.

3 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Well, frankly yes.  But also recognizing that there is a substantial different between SK and USA on any number of factors that would be relevant in this situation. 

The latest I saw, and I apologize for not listing the source but it may have been a local Santa Clara news site was that after they had the case that turned up positive there that was community-based was that 1200 more test kits were being sent. To the state of California NOT the county. So that would perhaps mean that there is still a problem with the supply of kits or that there is a concerted effort not to test (not necessarily coming from the CDC but from higher up), or people in charge don't know wtf they're doing (again perhaps not coming from the CDC) or all of the above or none of the above. At this point I'm going to go ahead and speculate that there are more cases than can easily be tested and people are going to have to take whatever precautions they can and hope for the best. Even if you had a regular cold or flu you would probably be best served by self quarantining, so unless one is in dire need of care, it may be the best  or even the only option once a cluster outbreak occurs if the case number grows too large?

Looked it up. It was The Mercury News:

"Eight public health labs in California now have the ability to test for coronavirus. In addition to labs in Santa Clara County and Sacramento, there are tests available in the counties of Alameda, Tulare, Ventura, Los Angeles, Orange and San Diego. Federal officials said late Friday they are dispatching another 1,200 test kits to California."

I don't know how many they already had.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

The latest I saw, and I apologize for not listing the source but it may have been a local Santa Clara news site was that after they had the case that turned up positive there that was community-based was that 1200 more test kits were being sent. To the state of California NOT the county. So that would perhaps mean that there is still a problem with the supply of kits or that there is a concerted effort not to test (not necessarily coming from the CDC but from higher up), or people in charge don't know wtf they're doing (again perhaps not coming from the CDC) or all of the above or none of the above. At this point I'm going to go ahead and speculate that there are more cases than can easily be tested and people are going to have to take whatever precautions they can and hope for the best. Even if you had a regular cold or flu you would probably be best served by self quarantining, so unless one is in dire need of care, it may be the best  or even the only option once a cluster outbreak occurs if the case number grows too large?

Read the other thread. We've tested like 500 total.  South Korea has tested 50,000.   It's here in mass and has been.  Supposedly testing ramping up later next week.

4 hours ago, deech said:

The entire government response to date has been do not test because we do not want to know and then have to report the truth.

I'm typically hesitant to step into the political discussion of coronavirus, but you're absolutely right and it's ridiculously unbelievable. 

So I'm guessing people have figured out the warm months don't mean shit by now.  The hemispheres both have cases.  The testing is erratic and Pence is in charge.  Trump is blaming the media, the dems, and Mexico.  I'm sure there is something I missed so:

giphy.gif

7 hours ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

That effectively communicates 'Sick must isolate and shelter in place. You're on your own. We're more prepared to kill than care for you'.

To be fair, North Korea has been living under quarantine since 1953.  

• Like 2

• immamac changed the title to CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk