CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

1 hour ago, Mo Horn said:

First case confirmed in Kansas, specifically Johnson county... checks address...yup. Been nice knowing y'all. 

53 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

What am I missing here ?

48 minutes ago, jw4381 said:

He lives in Johnson County, Kansas?

45 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

I thought that was pretty clear, but maybe not. 

I assumed you lived in Missouri. 

7 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

It’s not up to us. It’s up to a fucking moron you support, whose election made an outcome like this inevitable. A crisis like this is fucking EXACTLY why many of us sounded the alarm about him well before the weekend. He’s utterly and completely, 100% incapable of handling anything like this.
Many people are going to die. The economy is going to take a big hit.
It’s not my fault. Fuck, it’s not Trump’s fault. It’s YOUR fault - you put him in the Oval Office. Reap the fucking whirlwind, you fucking idiot.

You’re the fucking idiot who can only think of things though one lens, Trump. 

His downplaying of the virus is and has been stupid. It looks like testing should have been rolled out quicker. But if Hillary Clinton or whoever the hell you want were President the Coronavirus would still be here. There’s been community spread here since mid January. We’ll see what happens from here. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

God has washed his hands of us. We’re on our fucking own, and it’s what we deserve.

No doubt. I have much more faith in Harris county handling this than the trump task force 

Edited by tx 3 putt

Just now, henrygandorf said:

well in the category of coronavirus, we have finally seen the first case of community-spread "but hillary".

hopefully it's contained.

😂 

ok or Joe, or Kasich, or Marco, or whoever Brisket preferred. 

12 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

His downplaying of the virus is and has been stupid. It looks like testing should have been rolled out quicker. But if Hillary Clinton or whoever the hell you want were President the Coronavirus would still be here. There’s been community spread here since mid January. We’ll see what happens from here. 

The Trump lens is the one that is currently positioned between the sun and the citizens of this country.  How many of us burn like ants is yet to be determined, but a rational actor in the oval’s first act would’ve been to aim the lens elsewhere, or tell said citizens to get out of the way.  

edited to add:  Trump’s first, second, third, etc. acts were to make sure that the lens was aimed as far away from Wall St. as possible, despite the fact that it was always going to make its way there anyway.

Edited by conVINCEd
  • Like 5

Well, if one didn’t believe in infinity, one need only contemplate the moronity of Trumpkins to confirm it.
Of course the fucking virus would exist and be here, you fucking mouth breather. That’s not the goddamned question. The question is whether the administration took the right steps to mitigate its spread and effects. Your fucking God king has only lied and worried about how the situation makes him look. He’s instructed federal health officials to be silent, to avoid making him look bad. It’s been a textbook case of how to do literally everything wrong.
Go “but Hillary” yourself up your Depends-clad ass (I presume you emulate your lord and savior).
You put a narcissistic sociopathic infantile moron in charge of, well, everything. You did. And this is what you fucking get. This is on you. This is your fault.
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Well, if one didn’t believe in infinity, one need only contemplate the moronity of Trumpkins to confirm it.
Of course the fucking virus would exist and be here, you fucking mouth breather. That’s not the goddamned question. The question is whether the administration took the right steps to mitigate its spread and effects. Your fucking God king has only lied and worried about how the situation makes him look. He’s instructed federal health officials to be silent, to avoid making him look bad. It’s been a textbook case of how to do literally everything wrong.
Go “but Hillary” yourself up your Depends-clad ass (I presume you emulate your lord and savior).
You put a narcissistic sociopathic infantile moron in charge of, well, everything. You did. And this is what you fucking get. This is on you. This is your fault.

So much of how this is all going to play out is still unwritten. I guess we all get to follow along together. We can talk more tomorrow about what options should be pursued. You seem a little more unhinged than usual tonight. Whiskey?

Anyway, I know it’s nighttime but there’s probably some clouds where you are, Brisket. Why don’t you go outside and yell at them? 

So much of how this is all going to play out is still unwritten. I guess we all get to follow along together. We can talk more tomorrow about what options should be pursued. You seem a little more unhinged than usual tonight. Whiskey?

Anyway, I know it’s nighttime but there’s probably some clouds where you are, Brisket. Why don’t you go outside and yell at them? 

Because loathing hypocritical morons like you who aren’t man enough to take ownership of the fact that they made infantile, moronic decisions that cost people their lives brings me joy.
You made a narcissistic dumbass madman the captain of the ship. Own it, pussy. Fucking own it. Try manning up, just for once. It will be a novel experience, but you might like it.
  • Like 9

28 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

It looks like testing should have been rolled out quicker. 

Any other President takes this head on sooner.  Rolls out testing sooner.  But this idiot is making every decision through the lens of his reelection campaign and not wanting to hurt the economy.  It may be a brilliant political strategy, but it's pretty fucking stupid when it comes to coming to grips with a pandemic.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Because loathing hypocritical morons like you who aren’t man enough to take ownership of the fact that they made infantile, moronic decisions that cost people their lives brings me joy.
You made a narcissistic dumbass madman the captain of the ship. Own it, pussy. Fucking own it. Try manning up, just for once. It will be a novel experience, but you might like it.

How have I not “owned it”? I’m one of the few right leaning people on here dumb enough to waste time arguing with the room. If I didn’t care to “own it” I would just pass through here, or lurk, and then leave like smart people do. 

on the "closer look" from a couple of days ago, seth meyers said something to the tune of, "president trump is doing everything he can to make it look like the coronavirus is under control, because he knows if it gets bad, he'll get blamed for it.  and he only knows that, because if he wasn't the president, then he would definitely be blaming the president if this happened."

zero-d chess.

How have I not “owned it”? I’m one of the few right leaning people on here dumb enough to waste time arguing with the room. If I didn’t care to “own it” I would just pass through here, or lurk, and then leave like smart people do. 

Then fuck off. Coward. People will die who didn’t have to, and it’s a consequence of a decision you made. It’s not just what you did, it’s what you are. To your fucking core.

1 hour ago, GRHorn said:

It's not just the downplaying and pure incompetence of Trump. It's also the predictable disaster his appointees have been in handling everything about this issue.

8 hours ago, immamac said:

So there's been lots of reported posts related to hoping/wishing certain people or groups of people contract the virus.

It's really close to the death wish rule so I'd prefer if people stopped doing that, but as long as it's not a specific person it's still technically not bannable 

Is it a bannable if you hope they recieve the same level of care that elderly loved ones recieve from the medical-industrial complex? Because it's not far from a death wish, but it's also the reality they helped to create with their vote and policy decisions. 

• Like 1

Republicans should  be happy at the pending drop in social security and Medicare expenses, although it may take a couple years to realize the later and long term effects of the Chinese coronavirus could wipe out the potential savings.

41 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Is it a bannable if you hope they recieve the same level of care that elderly loved ones recieve from the medical-industrial complex? Because it's not far from a death wish, but it's also the reality they helped to create with their vote and policy decisions. 

The elderly have Medicare, their level of care is fine.

I want them to have the same level of care available to the working poor who will suffer both physically and financially.

Edited by DixonHur

Is it bannable to hope the age demographics of politicians killed by the virus matches the general public?

It would be interesting to lose 5 or 6 senators, 25 congressman and various other politicians to the Chinese Coronavirus.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

I assumed you lived in Missouri. 

Kansas, Missouri----according to the top levels of our government they are the same entity.

7 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

well in the category of coronavirus, we have finally seen the first case of community-spread "but hillary".

hopefully it's contained.

Does this count toward the Clinton Body Count for the theorists that have a spreadsheet? Too soon?

Cause of death (due to pneumonia) is a much harder to pin down category if no testing is done. It makes the stats just murky enough that (plausible deniability?) or whatever it's called will be trotted out. The problems this poses for future study, however, is large.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
Apostrophe failure

4 minutes ago, Goredho said:

@GRHorn, like it or not, Trump is the President and we can only judge his handling of this threat at a strategic and tactical level.  Strategically, he has attempted to defund the CDC the past two years, eliminated the pandemic response position on the national security council and appointed an unqualified overseer in Pence because of loyalty concerns.  Tactically, he waited too long to take this seriously, continues to make public statements contradictory to the experts, has attempted to silence the experts (who have thankfully ignored the order to quit talking to the media) and otherwise conducts a response focused more on the feel-good economy in an election year than on the health and well-being of our citizens who are most at risk.

It’s been two months since the armchair QBs in the DT thread recognized this as a threat using a fraction of the information available to the President.  We have just now gotten some funding in place and seen a trickle of test kits flowing to the front lines, so to speak.  The video you posted is great, but it does not mean what you think it means.  The presenter is criticizing China’s authoritarian response, not championing Trump’s — which advocates a softer quarantine in the suggestion to “avoid Seattle” (Larry Kudlow), ignoring CDC suggestions to stay home if infected, doctoring statistics by not counting the infected who have mild cases and avoidance of testing for those who don’t feel that ill.  The presenter in that video makes statements that are counter to all of that coming from Trump and/or his administration.

The head of the WHO has said that “countries have been planning for this (type of event) for decades.  Now is the time to enact those plans.”  So what is our national plan for this type of event?  There isn’t one.  The position that would allow the President to be well-informed of an impending threat and who would be in the position to have a plan for an early tactical response was eliminated.  That was not an Obama decision.  It was not a Hillary decision.  It was a Donald Trump decision.

This is Trump’s first real test in a national crisis not of his own invention and he is failing miserably.

Lotsa text to someone who trotted out "but Hillary" upthread.

• Like 4

in the same interview with pence it looks like they’re pushing the work down to the state and city levels. “We’ve okayed every state, city and even pharmacy to administer the tests...”. If you can’t solve a problem the next best thing is to let someone else take the inevitable blame.

And I don’t envision Abbott leading the state in this. Can’t believe I’m saying this but I would rather have Perry back over him. Perry seemed to at least attempt to lead even if he struggled.

Attended a big to-do with lots of MAGA dickheads last night and you guys will be excited to learn that both Coronavirus and global warming are overblown things used by the mass media to attack Trump.

It's always a joy to witness in the flesh the idiocy I read online.

8 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

It will reach peak infection rate and also tank our economy as school districts/offices close. Utter failure and incompetence brought us here. 

Just wait until trump tries to use coronavirus to delay the election if this goes the way the CDC and medical experts are saying

• Like 2

This upcoming week will be a huge test. We’ve been doubling almost every day of the known cases.  400 people in America having a disease isn’t itself a big deal. If we end this week with 10k, it’s going to feel like the dam has burst. I could see runs on grocery stores for any and everything. not just toilet paper, hand sanitizer and water.

11 hours ago, RayDog said:

Except the real number of infections is closer to 100,000 now. The real R0 when there is no containment  is 4 to 7 with the real doubling rate at 2.5 to 4 days.

You have no idea what the "real number of infections" is, and I was addressing HIS math, which was clearly based on a minimum possible doubling time of 7 days.  Either he made a wild-assed assumption about true case # (as you did) or he's bad at math.

Ben Carson left me more concerned this morning. Wouldn't come out and say really anything, and when pushed, said this communication should come from another person. They are locking down communication in a very confusing thus dangerous way. 

Edited by SmokeyTheBear

32 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

🙄 you should stop reading QAnon reddit fantasies

I'm not saying it's likely. I'm saying that taking a look at all of the laws that have been broken and the cronies who refuse to do their job and not defer to the executive for every possible issue, it's not a crazy thought that trump might try to suspend the election. 

The white house has already argued that the president can't break any laws because anything the president does is intrinsically for the good of the country. It was their fucking impeachment defense. And it was accepted by the senate.

You really don't think anything is possible at this point? The system of checks and balances has failed

Just now, Captainant said:

I'm not saying it's likely. I'm saying that taking a look at all of the laws that have been broken and the cronies who refuse to do their job and not defer to the executive for every possible issue, it's not a crazy thought that trump might try to suspend the election. 

The white house has already argued that the president can't break any laws because anything the president does is intrinsically for the good of the country. It was their fucking impeachment defense. And it was accepted by the senate.

You really don't think anything is possible at this point? The system of checks and balances has failed

On top of him floating that he should get a mulligan on this term because of the Mueller investigation and that he would like to run for President for the next 20 years. The dude didn't really want to be President, but now that he is, he can't leave because his crimes. And he'll use any tool at his disposal to protect himself and his name, regardless of what carnage it would inflict our country. 

4 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

Asylum seekers in cages, people stuck in limbo on cruise ships, admiration for authoritarian regimes executing drug users. Something about this administration's callous regard for human life while proclaiming its sanctity doesn't quite add up....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Goredho said:

@GRHorn, like it or not, Trump is the President and we can only judge his handling of this threat at a strategic and tactical level.  Strategically, he has attempted to defund the CDC the past two years, eliminated the pandemic response position on the national security council and appointed an unqualified overseer in Pence because of loyalty concerns.  Tactically, he waited too long to take this seriously, continues to make public statements contradictory to the experts, has attempted to silence the experts (who have thankfully ignored the order to quit talking to the media) and otherwise conducts a response focused more on the feel-good economy in an election year than on the health and well-being of our citizens who are most at risk.

It’s been two months since the armchair QBs in the DT thread recognized this as a threat using a fraction of the information available to the President.  We have just now gotten some funding in place and seen a trickle of test kits flowing to the front lines, so to speak.  The video you posted is great, but it does not mean what you think it means.  The presenter is criticizing China’s authoritarian response, not championing Trump’s — which advocates a softer quarantine in the suggestion to “avoid Seattle” (Larry Kudlow), ignoring CDC suggestions to stay home if infected, doctoring statistics by not counting the infected who have mild cases and avoidance of testing for those who don’t feel that ill.  The presenter in that video makes statements that are counter to all of that coming from Trump and/or his administration.

The head of the WHO has said that “countries have been planning for this (type of event) for decades.  Now is the time to enact those plans.”  So what is our national plan for this type of event?  There isn’t one.  The position that would allow the President to be well-informed of an impending threat and who would be in the position to have a plan for an early tactical response was eliminated.  That was not an Obama decision.  It was not a Hillary decision.  It was a Donald Trump decision.

This is Trump’s first real test in a national crisis not of his own invention and he is failing miserably.

I fucking shared the video to give a viewpoint that we’re not gonna descend into martial law. I never mentioned Trump. I should’ve just left the presentation out of CR. 

In this thread I’ve only mentioned Trump botching it. Mainly with messaging. I do think they should issue guidance against elderly traveling etc. There’s time to reverse that. 

As far as the agencies and their actual policies and guidelines coming out, they are evolving on an almost daily basis. People who work in healthcare know this. Hospital systems are updating staff on the same basis. We will get through this and I’m confident that resources will be allocated appropriately. 

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

10 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

In this thread I’ve only mentioned Trump botching it. Mainly with messaging. I do think they should issue guidance against elderly traveling etc. There’s time to reverse that. 

"Messaging".  It's not "messaging", it's "intentionally deceiving".

And his incompetence doesn't just stop at his mouth.  For what possible reason did it make sense not to take advantage of the WHO's testing kits that they offered up and which most countries gladly accepted?  This not only caused a delay, but our development went off the rails leading to further delays.

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

We will get through this and I’m confident that resources will be allocated appropriately. 

Walk me through that confidence...I see a commander in chief consistently downplaying the gravity of this situation who has gutted the departments that should typically take charge during these events and hurriedly put someone in charge that probably thinks you can pray away the gay.

Explain your confidence.

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Asylum seekers in cages, people stuck in limbo on cruise ships, admiration for authoritarian regimes executing drug users. Something about this administration's callous regard for human life while proclaiming its sanctity doesn't quite add up....

They are about protecting the sanctity of life*.  

* = Those considered alive are excluded to <0.1% economic brackets, all forms of life are excluded from this protection.

20 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Walk me through that confidence...I see a commander in chief consistently downplaying the gravity of this situation who has gutted the departments that should typically take charge during these events and hurriedly put someone in charge that probably thinks you can pray away the gay.

Explain your confidence.

Johnny sack told him that trump is doing a great job dealing with it and plans to definitely vote for trump in 2020 even though he didn’t in 2016. How much more confidence do you need? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• immamac changed the title to CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk