CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

I think Tom Hanks getting corona AIDS is important.  He’s a friendly, familiar face representative of the infected that were just an abstract concept for the vast majority of Americans.  Kudos to the Hanks for coming forth with their diagnosis, and their timing was impeccable.

Edited by Goredho
  • Like 4

“In 2020, the global economy will crash due to a global pandemic and the President of the United States will be an impeached white supremacist reality TV star imbecile that was installed via a Kremlin military intelligence operation.”
Imagine telling yourself this in 2014

I mean...fuck...just...goddamn.
We are so fucked.

Is there one that originates at election day?
Just based on the data, you trim about a 2k pt dow gain out of the analysis if you originate at inauguration vs. election day. 

This one starts on Election Day, but S&P500

5c34fe6f82ffb84d703eea5417bc0b40.jpg
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Goredho said:

I think Tom Hanks getting corona AIDS is important.  He’s a friendly, familiar face representative of the infected that were just an abstract concept for the vast majority of Americans.  Kudos to the Hanks for coming forth with their diagnosis, and their timing was impeccable.

the hanks story breaking during an important presidential address is very close to a specific veep joke.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Goredho said:

It's the most important thing to happen today and I'm not kidding.

5 minutes ago, Goredho said:

There will still be supporters who think of him as liberal Hollywood, but it casts a shadow that is harder to ignore. I hope he and the Mrs. recover quickly.

3 minutes ago, TexLonghorn said:

Hm - that’s weird...  he was so casual about it just a few days ago:

I wonder how he caught it...

Basketball karma is real. Just ask those bracket people. I once made a bracket for the NCAA based on whether I liked mascots or thought they were mean. Amazed at how far I got. Too bad there weren't any schools with a goldfish mascot.

Has anyone heard if Dr. Fauci is still employed?

13 minutes ago, Goredho said:

He's a liberal cunt and I'll turn on him faster than I turned on Beto's pal Willie Nelson.

• Fuck You 3

52 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

Just the brown ones, I’m sure. 

It makes zero sense, it’s just to hurt the leaders who rail against trump. It’s just an excuse to fight with Germany and France. 

Fuckkkkkkkkk him.

Actually, I get the logic.  Europe is blowing up, not just Italy.  Spain is probably less than a week behind Italy, and France not far behind that. Switzerland, Norway both have big numbers of cases per capita.  The biggest flaw in the logic is timing. It's too late.  He needs to changing American behavior way beyond flying to Europe.  He needs to get people to make fewer contacts with other people, particularly if they have a cough, regardless if they think they have COVID19.

58 minutes ago, RPM said:

Cuomo saying on CNN they have released more details and that the travel ban will not apply to American citizens.

What are the chances his aides knew that before the speech?  What are the chances they made it up when asked?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tuco said:

Actually, I get the logic.  Europe is blowing up, not just Italy.  Spain is probably less than a week behind Italy, and France not far behind that. Switzerland, Norway both have big numbers of cases per capita.  The biggest flaw in the logic is timing. It's too late.  He needs to changing American behavior way beyond flying to Europe.  He needs to get people to make fewer contacts with other people, particularly if they have a cough, regardless if they think they have COVID19.

What are the chances his aides knew that before the speech?  What are the chances they made it up when asked?

Exempting the UK is key. They have more cases than any other EU country not named Italy. 

3 hours ago, BrickHorn said:

Trump thinks life is his own personal Truman show.  Someone else is pulling the levers behind the scenes and shit will always work out alright as long as he plays the part of the Developer, the Billionaire, the President.  He doesn’t have to actually DO anything.  That’s what other people are for.  He just has to show up, play make-believe, and take all the credit.  

It’s terrifying and perversely hilarious that the greatest nation in human history, at the apex of its power, elected such a clownish fraud as our leader.  

It's insane how far we've fallen and how badly we're about to pay for the sins but I'd say the apex of the USA was September 10, 2001. It's been a steady decline in most ways since then. 

• Like 6

54 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Is there one that originates at election day?

Just based on the data, you trim about a 2k pt dow gain out of the analysis if you originate at inauguration vs. election day. 

He's toast.  What's that site you go to for election odds?  If he is anything above 50% it's way off.  No way in hell market recovers in time for him.  

7 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

He's toast.  What's that site you go to for election odds?  If he is anything above 50% it's way off.  No way in hell market recovers in time for him.  

I agree. predictit.com

Couple lines I am on.

Trump wins popular vote, NO, @ 0.70

Dem party wins, Yes; GOP wins, No.  This is basically 50/50, but you can put more on teh line by betting #bothsides of it. 

Presidential winner Trump NO @ 0.51.  Also on Sanders No and Biden No at smaller positions.

There are some extremely wild positions that I will probably take some fliers on in case Biden croaks.  

I agree. predictit.com
Couple lines I am on.
Trump wins popular vote, NO, @ 0.70
Dem party wins, Yes; GOP wins, No.  This is basically 50/50, but you can put more on teh line by betting #bothsides of it. 
Presidential winner Trump NO @ 0.51.  Also on Sanders No and Biden No at smaller positions.

There are some extremely wild positions that I will probably take some fliers on in case Biden croaks.  

I know 0.70 is already high but that's a bargain. There's zero fucking chance he wins the popular vote outright. I don't care if he discovers the cure for coronavirus in his big mac.

4 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

I know 0.70 is already high but that's a bargain. There's zero fucking chance he wins the popular vote outright. I don't care if he discovers the cure for coronavirus in his big mac.

You’re discounting foreign actors influencing the election.  Also, Does everybody just get their money back if there is no election?

You’re discounting foreign actors influencing the election.  Also, Does everybody just get their money back if there is no election?
Even with that, the nationally beloved Hillary Clinton won the popular vote by nearly 3,000,000 votes.

18 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Foreign actors won't be able to tilt the popular vote.  Not sure what happens if there is no election, but if that comes to pass I doubt anyone will be worried about their predictit account balance. 

Edited by Anastasis
i spell goods

7 minutes ago, gmr548 said:
15 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Even with that, the nationally beloved Hillary Clinton won the popular vote by nearly 3,000,000 votes.

Never underestimate the power of jesus.

Dupyn3RU0AAxkVW.jpg

• Like 1

Foreign actors won't be able to tile the popular vote.  Not sure what happens if their is no election, but if that comes to pass I doubt anyone will be worried about their predictit account balance. 

It might be used against you in the military tribunal

• immamac changed the title to CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk