CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

7 minutes ago, bernorange said:

Too bad every penny of it will go straight to the Fed's primary dealers to enjoy/use before if trickles down to the masses.

Turns out this was a massive opportunity for the Democrats but will be more difficult with Biden, who is a known comfortable bank buddy, on the ticket.

Imagine advertisements in the midwest asking this: "Would you rather have your $18,000 in your family of four's bank account so you can decide where it's 'injected into the economy' or would you rather have bank executives in Manhattan decide if and when they'll be so kind to loan you some of it with interest?"

Dammit I wish Warren didn't suck as a politician.

• Like 3

Just now, Huckleberry said:

Turns out this was a massive opportunity for the Democrats but will be more difficult with Biden, who is a known comfortable bank buddy, on the ticket.

Imagine advertisements in the midwest asking this: "Would you rather have your $18,000 in your family of four's bank account so you can decide where it's 'injected into the economy' or would you rather have bank executives in Manhattan decide if and when they'll be so kind to loan you some of it with interest?"

Dammit I wish Warren didn't suck as a politician.

Outside of Yang, which Democrat would actually do this? 

18 minutes ago, Continental Op said:
20 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:
I am mentally preparing myself for a co-worker to argue that we should keep Trump because "you shouldn't change horses in the middle of a race" and to handle it with grace and calm.

You should be strengthening your hand so you can rip their heart out like Mola Ram did to that one dude in Temple of Doom.

At this point in time, I believe the blunt end of a shillelagh is required.

14 minutes ago, bernorange said:

Too bad every penny of it will go straight to the Fed's primary dealers to enjoy/use before if trickles down to the masses.

Yep - our economy needs a trickle up fiscal response, not a bailout the rich monetary response. I guess the uber-wealthy owns America and manufactures consent through their media outlets and the sycophants who sell their shit to Americans who don't know any better. 

But, oh well, more welfare for the uber-wealthy and austerity for the 99%. I am sure that will work out just fine.

Why do so many Americans vote against their own interests.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, bernorange said:

Who said anything about trickle down?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Upgrayedd said:

Thanks Obama 

Thank Dr. Siouxsie Wiles - a pink haired scientist who is a national treasure to New Zealand - for her work on the graph that makes social distancing a logical way to help delay the spread and the Lancet for publishing research on the importance of flattening the curve in response to an epidemic. 

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)30567-5/fulltext

Yes - the same Lancet that published the life saving and cost saving benefits of Medicare for All. 

Dr. Siouxsie who made the science accessible so that even Vox could understand it.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Pretty surreal.

Capture.jpg

Every Trump voter deserves a savage beating. And fuck certain both-siders who have justified and normalized Trump's behavior over the last 3 years.  This mess is their fault. 

• Like 3

The Federal Reserve said it would make vast sums of short-term loans available on Wall Street and purchase Treasury securities in a coronavirus-related response aimed at preventing ominous trading conditions from creating a sharper economic contraction.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsj.com/amp/articles/fed-to-inject-1-5-trillion-in-bid-to-prevent-unusual-disruptions-in-markets-11584033537

Im all about criticizing fiscal policy, but let’s at least start from an informed position 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pig Bellmont said:

It doesn’t surprise me at all that Kushner is a fucking moron. 

In other news, when you lose David Brooks, you may be fucked in November:

In all fairness, he lost Brooks during the 2016 Republican primaries.

• Like 2

We have total testing. Beautiful testing. A coughing Brazilian, big murderous guy, came up to me a couple of days ago. Some people don't know that Brazil is a country. Brah-zeel. Have to say it right. Brah-zeel. People in Puerto Shit Hole think I can't speak Spanish. Brahhhhh Zeeeeeeeel. I bet Sleepy Joe Biden can't do that. I'm smarter than he is. I've taken IQ tests. Believe me. I'm very smart.

This BrahhhZeeeelite tells me that he hears our virus tests are perfect. Perfect. They want some. Some of those beautiful tests. Just like the angry democrats lead by Nasty Nancy and Shifty Schiff wanted me out. Well, they learned a lesson just like that ugly Senator Collins from Maine said they would. I shouldn't say Collins is ugly. But if she were my daughter, I wouldn't date her.

I'm going now. God bless the Unied Shates.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, bolverk said:

In all fairness, he lost Brooks during the 2016 Republican primaries.

Let him go on, man . . . he is on a roll. A regular fount of Republican wisdom on how Democrats should win one for the Gipper.  

170207_1.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Edited by washparkhorn

9 hours ago, sachick said:

And it’s also sad that I’m the greatest country in the world, one of the concerns about closing schools is that for some students, those are the only meals they get. If the schools close, kids won’t eat.

Those kids should stop making poor decisions.

- @Johnny Sack

• Like 1

• immamac changed the title to CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk