CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

1 hour ago, Homercles said:

Yesterday was the first time in recent memory that DT was below a Dem on PredictIt to win the presidency.  Then starting before 3am a bunch of pro Trump posters started commenting away about a wartime president winnin re-election and all that shit...and they’re buying shares to try to prop it up.  Blows my mind so few apply curricula thinking and fail to realize there are actors out there trying to influence the narrative behind the scenes.  

The predictit comment feed is one step below the youtube comment feed. It is populated by a bunch of lunatics. 

12 hours ago, Message Board User said:

What’s sad and infuriating is that because the Trump crowd largely thinks the virus is a hoax (thanks to POTUS), the GOPers in charge aren’t going to go the full nine yards in mitigating the effects of the virus.

In other words, people will die because of the general dumbassery of Trump, the GOP members of Congress and Republican voters.

re: Texags.. its mind bottling over there right now.

7 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Also, for a chuckle to lighten the mood. We haven’t gone out and bought TP - this is our normal baseline, because my wife is paranoid about running out. This is just our bathroom cabinet:

e0711ca60b08523af8b8796c1a8684aa.jpg

For the love of God, man, learn how to fold sheets.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

The buck stops here*

* if the buck is related to a strong economy.  If the buck relates to a falling economy, worldwide pandemic, military fiasco, or any other negative condition known now or that may arise in the future, then the buck stops with Obama, Hillary, Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, democrats and/or liberals. Serious side effects can occur while taking Trumpalis.  See a doctor if you experience feelings of anxiety around racial or ethnic minorities, cognitive dissonance for more than 3 days, social withdrawl, induced nausea amongst former friends and priapism lasting the full duration of a trump rally.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mapache said:

Was the House passing bills that I missed last month related to emergency funding testing/kits?  Ordering the CDC to explain themselves regarding early restrictions on testing?  

Sure we all get how fucking stupid that is today, but three weeks ago if they could point to a tangible bill passed that was waiting Senate approval or White House sign-off? 

IMHO I've posted in here related to Trump slow playing testing to downplay crisis for himself, the economy, etc.  We all know he did it and how dumb it is.  Compared to Korea''s response the evidence is even more damning.  I think the Democrats could have really killed Trump on the issue if a month ago they were everywhere talking about the virus, passing bills re: testing, etc. 

1 minute ago, deech said:

Was the House passing bills that I missed last month related to emergency funding testing/kits?  Ordering the CDC to explain themselves regarding early restrictions on testing?  

Sure we all get how fucking stupid that is today, but three weeks ago if they could point to a tangible bill passed that was waiting Senate approval or White House sign-off? 

As pointed out by Rep. Katie Porter (although she referred to the wrong section), the CDC director has unilateral authority to pay for testing in these scenarios. It does not require Congressional funding.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/42/70.13

Discussed here: 

This kind of scenario is the exact reason that you pass a law like the one linked above. In a rapidly changing pandemic/emergency situation you need to have vested specific individuals with the authority not to have to wait on Congress to get things done.

• Like 1

So I just spoke to my mom (Trumper) and when I complained about the dysfunction of the government handling of CV-19, she said the reason they can't test people is because Europe is withholding the test kits from America.

Has anyone else been hearing this crap from family/friends who support Trump?  I can only imagine it's an angle the administration...and by that I mean Fox is pushing.

Well since every fucking moron in the country thinks that they need 3 months of toilet paper, I have already purchased my never ending toilet paper tool.  You watch, these will start moving off the shelf next, as hillbilly engineers such as myself adapt to the new world.

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

For the love of God, man, learn how to fold sheets.

I bet you're one of those tight fitting sheets lunatics that loves sleeping in a bed that looks like it was blow molded.

• immamac changed the title to CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk