CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

1 minute ago, Zavala said:

Probably because people in shit hole countries are really jealous. 

Have you even been to either of those countries, and shared a meal with someone in their home?  Or are you just naturally judgemental? 

2 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Can we get the latest Trump troll banned from this thread. This thread is actually informative and allows news about the political implications, which are impossibly intertwined with the outbreak, to be discussed. A discussion of it without politics is stupid and this thread apparently attracts these idiots like flies. It’s not the “lol Hilary” thread so there should be a different standard for spamming shit posts. 

It's Hank Scorpio, so I really don't know how to take this.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Zavala said:

Fuck you, I voted for Mickey Mouse. You think Hillary fucking Clinton wouldn't have us in a hot WW3 with China and Russia right now?

Yeah, I’m fairly confident we wouldn’t be in WW3. I’m also fairly confident she wouldn’t have shuttered various government positions overseeing public health out of spite for Obama. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Can we get the latest Trump troll banned from this thread. This thread is actually informative and allows news about the political implications, which are impossibly intertwined with the outbreak, to be discussed. A discussion of it without politics idiotic, but this thread apparently attracts these idiots like flies. It’s not the “lol Hilary” thread so there should be a different standard for spamming shit posts. 

Sorry, you’re right. I’m done. 

1 minute ago, Mo Horn said:

Have you even been to either of those countries, and shared a meal with someone in their home?  Or are you just naturally judgemental? 

Never been to Russia, don't want to go to a commie country like that. 

El Salvador yeah, epic surf trip through there Nica and Costa Rica.

Didn't share a meal with anyone in their home, but I was also staying in the nice tourist areas on the coast. 

If El Salvador is so nice, why are people risking their lives and the lives of their children to try and escape through all of Latin America on their way to the US?

• Fuck You 5

6 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Can we get the latest Trump troll banned from this thread. This thread is actually informative and allows news about the political implications, which are impossibly intertwined with the outbreak, to be discussed. A discussion of it without politics is stupid and this thread apparently attracts idiot Trump supporters like flies. It’s not the “lol Hilary” thread so there should be a different standard for spamming shit posts. 

You're right, it is unreadable with him posting. Ignored now, which isn't something I actually knew how to do until now. 

1 minute ago, Planet Houston said:

Yeah, I’m fairly confident we wouldn’t be in WW3. I’m also fairly confident she wouldn’t have shuttered various government positions overseeing public health out of spite for Obama. 

1 minute ago, Planet Houston said:

Sorry, you’re right. I’m done. 

If anyone that isn't in the ORANGE MAN BAD club could just be completely banned from all the cloak room that would nice eh? 

Hilarious echo chamber you've built here, keep it up.

2 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

anyone that still thinks Hillary would have been a worse president then what we ended up with should be euthanized

It's so progressive and compassionate of you to feel that way. Maybe this is why you keep losing, because you look at your political adversaries like your worst enemies instead of people you need to learn to get along with. 

• Fuck You 5

5 minutes ago, Zavala said:

He has made quite a turnaround in the past week!  I give him and you credit for being willing to quit pretending this is much ado about nothing, admitting error at least implicitly with a change in strategy and generally acting more responsibly with regards to the coronavirus.

But I am going to have wait to actually see Trump translate words and posterboard diagrams into action before I join you for the mushroom surprise at the Orange Man Wet Market. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Zavala said:

If anyone that isn't in the ORANGE MAN BAD club could just be completely banned from all the cloak room that would nice eh? 

Hilarious echo chamber you've built here, keep it up.

It's so progressive and compassionate of you to feel that way. Maybe this is why you keep losing, because you look at your political adversaries like your worst enemies instead of people you need to learn to get along with. 

To be fair you're pretty easy to ignore because you're just dumb. But every time you post a Phlegm picture wall you should be negged to Bolivia.

Edited by Huckleberry

12 minutes ago, Planet Houston said:

And this is how we end up with the least qualified, most narcissistic shitbag on the planet as the leader of the free world. 

Fuck you. His actions and inactions have cost real lives, not to mention the quality of life for so many Americans. People who think like this are a huge part of this country’s problems. 

huh

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/12/us-officials-worried-about-chinese-control-of-american-drug-supply.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/06/business/economy/trade-war-tariffs.html

Interesting how these stories look from today's perspective huh?

• Fuck You 5

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

To be fair you're pretty easy to ignore because you're just dumb. But every time you post a Phlegm picture wall you should be negged to Bolivia.

I'll 

spoiler that shit just for you Huck stat man

0*fSUEVFnSPmGioNKH.png

• Fuck You 7

On 3/11/2020 at 8:19 AM, Mrs Whiggins said:

One of the Surly posters IIRC maybe @GRHorn? I thought has a background in the medical field/hospital environment. I seem to recall him/her talking about planning and prep that places were doing so that if the case #s escalated they would be as prepared as was possible to do so. So this facility should have an outbreak plan and it should be specific to the virus. Perhaps an inquiry into that would be beneficial.

On 3/11/2020 at 9:19 AM, BradInATX said:

I can tell you with certainty that GRHorn is completely full of shit, as per usual.

I know people in leadership in multiple Central Texas hospitals (multiple different parent companies) and at best they have very vague and nebulous plans that won't help much if they were to get inundated with 10 patients tomorrow. Most of them are having periodic meetings about it, but the information coming out is a lot of "we don't knows" and that they are waiting on direction (from parent companies, CDC, etc.) as to next steps.

Basically the hospitals are attempting to be effective in communication to their staffs, but they are not getting much from above. They're "we care about our staff and want to keep you informed and safe" type meetings without much substance. 

Sorry I’ve been out the last few days for Spring Break. At home hunkering down with kids. 

Regarding Brad’s dipshit comment, maybe it’s different in Central Texas. I think in SA we’ve been a little more aware and discussing plans since we’ve received quarantined cruise ship patients and have a couple PUIs here. There have been concrete discussions on how to Increase clinical capacity. I reached out to the CMO here to get more details, but she said too much to type/text. I was gonna follow up with her, but decided she’s got a shit ton on her plate with this stuff. 

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Just ignored him also.  I have ignored maybe 4 total people on this site.  Sad thing is I am guessing they all might be the same person.

you might be a more optimistic person than I. I have come realize that, yes, there are that many stupid people on this planet

55 minutes ago, Zavala said:

Orange Man BAD!

pozz me up JimmyJazzJames / 

your level of intelligence and insight was long ago extinguished when Burrow dry fucked both your favorite teams, ya gata.

and now you drop trou for a 3rd go at it.  with Trump no less.

the only reasonable conclusion i can draw is that NowThis was your sock.

admit it...you pine for it up the ass, doncha, gata?

lol...fucking jort wearing, bottom gata.

jorts.jpg

Edited by Kyrie Eleison

1 minute ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

your level of intelligence and insight was long ago extinguished when Burrow dry fucked both your favorite teams, ya gata.

and now you drop trou for a 3rd go at it.  with Trump no less.

the only reasonable conclusion i can draw is that NowThis was your sock.

admit it...you pine for it up the ass, doncha, gata?

lol...fucking jort wearing, bottom gata.

jorts.jpg

You/Hugo really got me there

Good luck this year

cunt.jpg

• Fuck You 7

5 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

And in this thread

Here's some positivity

fuck China, we can make our own ventilators. Students in the US have been competing figuring out how to make cheap portable ones. Surely the US can go back to making our own shit when we really need it. 

https://phys.org/news/2010-07-students-low-cost-portable-ventilator.html

https://news.mit.edu/2019/umbulizer-sloan-health-care-innovation-prize-0225

• Fuck You 4

Just now, Zavala said:

You/Hugo really got me there

Good luck this year

cunt.jpg

that there's the coach of the National Champion LSU Tigers, who led LSU to what is arguably the greatest season in college football history.

how 'bout that, huh?  lol!

and i guaran-fucking-TEE you that he'd do a better fucking job leading this country that Trump.

2 minutes ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

that there's the coach of the National Champion LSU Tigers, who led LSU to what is arguably the greatest season in college football history.

how 'bout that, huh?  lol!

and i guaran-fucking-TEE you that he'd do a better fucking job leading this country that Trump.

You are Boomer'ing me to death keep going

3 minutes ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

notice there's no denial that NowThis is his sock.

bottom gata!

@NowThis who are you and why is this nutjob calling me you?

• Fuck You 6

5 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Yeah? No shit. Apparently God thought it would be funny for no crisis for three years then spring a monumental one. I don’t blame God though. I blame trump supporters for bringing this on. God don’t fuck around. Should have impeached his criminal ass. Too late now. 

20 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Sorry I’ve been out the last few days for Spring Break. At home hunkering down with kids. 

Regarding Brad’s dipshit comment, maybe it’s different in Central Texas. I think in SA we’ve been a little more aware and discussing plans since we’ve received quarantined cruise ship patients and have a couple PUIs here. There have been concrete discussions on how to Increase clinical capacity. I reached out to the CMO here to get more details, but she said too much to type/text. I was gonna follow up with her, but decided she’s got a shit ton on her plate with this stuff. 

I didn’t bother to read this but noticed known troll Zavala gave it positive rep so I negged it sight unseen. I encouraged all non trolls to do the same. 

13 minutes ago, Zavala said:

Here's some positivity

fuck China, we can make our own ventilators. Students in the US have been competing figuring out how to make cheap portable ones. Surely the US can go back to making our own shit when we really need it. 

https://phys.org/news/2010-07-students-low-cost-portable-ventilator.html

https://news.mit.edu/2019/umbulizer-sloan-health-care-innovation-prize-0225

Is this your job? 

4 minutes ago, Calihorn said:

Fucking hell

Enough people have to get infected to gain the herd immunity that will cause it to go away, enough people who have strengthened their immune systems to keep it down and it will stay down. Probably isn't going to be a vaccine, just like with the common cold, it probably mutates too fast. 

The issue isn't going to be stopping it, it's slowing it down enough to not overwhelm the infrastructure.

Hopefully we decouple from China, because they are threatening to withhold medicines from us, which was the whole point of this article:

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/12/us-officials-worried-about-chinese-control-of-american-drug-supply.html

• Fuck You 5

3 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

There is no way in hell that those figures represent the "middle range of the projections". That's fucking stupid. 

Absolutely not. South Korea and China have shown you can slow down rate of infections. We’ll get there.  

Just now, Zavala said:

Enough people have to get infected to gain the herd immunity that will cause it to go away, enough people who have strengthened their immune systems to keep it down and it will stay down. Probably isn't going to be a vaccine, just like with the common cold, it probably mutates too fast. 

The issue isn't going to be stopping it, it's slowing it down enough to not overwhelm the infrastructure.

Hopefully we decouple from China, because they are threatening to withhold medicines from us, which was the whole point of this article:

You have much content. 

• immamac changed the title to CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk