CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

Trumps mush brain speech makes Biden sound like 2007 Obama.   Trump is way sicker than Hillary ever was.  But Zavala has some pictures of Hillary coughing.  I can’t even imagine being as brainwashed as Zavala.   

well, he’s a gata bottom marinating in self-denial, so...
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, pacman said:

Most frustrating about this event, imo, is our country is so politically fucked that our response to a worldwide pandemic follows political party lines.

except that's all the more reason to do well in a crisis like this.

no better way to stick it to the libs who say you can't effectively govern than to take on a pandemic and be smart and aggressive and lead the world towards the best possible solution.  he had that chance and he fucked it up.  then he fucked it up again.  then he and his administration continued to fall down the stairs.

if he came out of this looking like a hero and actually being presidential, it could've sealed reelection.  now, not so much.  he fucked it up all on his own, and obama, pelosi, schiff, hillary...had nothing to do with it. 

he has to wear it.  just like his fucking diaper.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

Read: https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/11/hillary-clinton-2016-donald-trump-214428

You have been fed fake news. You should not repeat fake news. It was a Clinton campaign strategy - named Pied Piper. It failed this country horribly. Stop.

So to take Bush down, Clinton’s team drew up a plan to pump Trump up. Shortly after her kickoff, top aides organized a strategy call, whose agenda included a memo to the Democratic National Committee: “This memo is intended to outline the strategy and goals a potential Hillary Clinton presidential campaign would have regarding the 2016 Republican presidential field,” it read.

“The variety of candidates is a positive here, and many of the lesser known can serve as a cudgel to move the more established candidates further to the right. In this scenario, we don’t want to marginalize the more extreme candidates, but make them more ‘Pied Piper’ candidates who actually represent the mainstream of the Republican Party,” read the memo.

“Pied Piper candidates include, but aren’t limited to:
• Ted Cruz
• Donald Trump
• Ben Carson
We need to be elevating the Pied Piper candidates so that they are leaders of the pack and tell the press to [take] them seriously."

Ok. You’re still blame shifting from the those who’s fault this really is. I’ll give you a hint, it’s not Hillary’s.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, GRHorn said:

Sorry I’ve been out the last few days for Spring Break. At home hunkering down with kids. 

Regarding Brad’s dipshit comment, maybe it’s different in Central Texas. I think in SA we’ve been a little more aware and discussing plans since we’ve received quarantined cruise ship patients and have a couple PUIs here. There have been concrete discussions on how to Increase clinical capacity. I reached out to the CMO here to get more details, but she said too much to type/text. I was gonna follow up with her, but decided she’s got a shit ton on her plate with this stuff. 

Of course you missed the point, whether intentionally or not. 

Nobody is saying hospitals aren't doing work and putting plans together. What I said (and others have said) is that those plans are fully driven by the hospitals themselves and not guided by any government (especially Federal). Which is absolutely correct at your hospital, the ones in Austin, and the ones all over the country. They are not getting any federal direction, which directly contradicts your stupid point you were trying to make earlier in the thread that it was all being taken care of by daddy Trump and the the nepotism crew. You were attempting to pull the "it's all under control - behind the scenes the White House has this handled!" card. When in reality, the White House has essentially decided to leave it to state and local governments and the hospitals themselves.

You were spitting misinformation about a very serious topic. Grow out of your "is he stupid or just intellectually dishonest" troll persona just for a month or two during this crisis. This is not the time for it. Spreading misinformation is irresponsible right now.

Can you produce a single shred of evidence that the hospital you supposedly know about has received any federal direction? If not, then please stop spreading propaganda and disinformation about a very serious subject. Pretend to be a decent human being, just for a month or two.

Edited by BradInATX
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Because I think that we should blame people who voted for Donald Trump for Donald Trump? How is that gaslighting in anyway?

Maybe because without that plan from the DNC and Clinton Campaign, the assbag wouldn't have received the nomination?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Maybe because without that plan from the DNC and Clinton Campaign, the assbag wouldn't have received the nomination?

So the voters during the primaries and the general didn't have their votes counted? Hillary made this all happen? What about Russia, no impact? Even a little?

I may not agree with her tactics but they weren't the main drivers. You are getting a little deep state-ish. 

10 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Or maybe Republicans could have not voted for a guy who started his campaign by calling Mexicans rapists. But sure, it was Hillary.

• Like 4

Its absence now is all too evident. In his remarks Wednesday night, the president talked about travel bans and the resilience of the U.S. economy but made little specific mention of the public health crisis unfolding across America — exactly the kind of detail a dedicated NSC pandemics infrastructure would have pushed to address

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/nsc-pandemic-office-trump-closed/2020/03/13/a70de09c-6491-11ea-acca-80c22bbee96f_story.html

18 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

So the voters during the primaries and the general didn't have their votes counted? Hillary made this all happen? What about Russia, no impact? Even a little?

I may not agree with her tactics but they weren't the main drivers. You are getting a little deep state-ish. 

I am not the proponent of the theory.  WPH posted an article documenting how they preferred Trump to other GOP candidates and took steps to insure that happened.

The Russians are culpable for that, why not Hildog.

That said, I don't really give a shit.  

SIAP 

Vice President Pence,

We have lost our chance to contain this pandemic and are now facing an unmitigated medical disaster. This administration’s response has actively undermined our ability to care for patients by perpetuating misinformation and downplaying the looming threat this infection poses to the public. Ensuring health security is the fundamental duty and responsibility of government at all levels and we implore you to prioritize protecting our people over political and economic considerations.

https://medium.com/@maxinedexter/open-letter-to-vice-president-mike-pence-re-us-covid-19-response-5ee9eaece61e

Signed, 

Whole buncha doctors 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I am not the proponent of the theory.  WPH posted an article documenting how they preferred Trump to other GOP candidates and took steps to insure that happened.

The Russians are culpable for that, why not Hildog.

That said, I don't really give a shit.  

Sorry for saying it. I blame Hugo for pretending she has clean hands in all of this. That is absolute BS. Hillary actively promoted him because she thought he was so beatable - but didn't vet that theory and had no plan to beat him. 

Now -  back to the coronavirus. Sorry for the derail.

@Hugo Stiglitz it is time for your apology. 

• Like 1

• immamac changed the title to CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk