CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

19 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

So has anyone asked Donald what he needed to fix with the CDC? He keeps blaming the delay on having to fix outdated issues.... 

I don't think Fauci and Birx have the answers to that and as time goes on I am losing respect for them too.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

I’m genuinely curious.  I can’t imagine we wouldn’t keep the current president, in a temp capacity, until an election.  Nothing else really seems plausible 

Unless another pandemic virus comes along between now and then that won't happen. November is 8 months away. In that time 100,000,000 or more will likely get the virus and 95 to 98% of them will have recovered. There won't be any reason for quarantine or shut downs once a third of the population has had it and the medical infrastructure isn't in jeopardy of overcrowding anymore. 

My Dad had a story about toilet paper. Wartime London, 1943. 8th AF CG Eaker and group were partying at some officers-only club, and Gen. Eaker was suffering from a certain amount of intestinal distress. The WC was in the basement, and Eaker went with an aide to visit the facility. They went in to find a tough-looking Brit Sergeant sitting at a small table just inside the door. He said "Number 3's available gents, shouldn't be long for another to open up, here you are." He peeled off three tiny, shiny sheets of splinter-laden brown paper from a roll and proffered them to the Aide, while Eaker headed for the stall. The Aide stood, looking quizzically at the paper, and Eaker shouted "There's no *&#$@ing toilet paper in here!" The Sergeant said, "Right, sir, 'ere you are, a whole day's ration for your General." "Good God, man, the General's got diarrhea, he'll need half that damned roll!" The Sergeant replied "Sorry, sir, but there's a war on, and paper's rationed for everyone, even Generals. Three's your limit, sir, trust me, it'll do." The Aide stammered and stuttered, and finally said, "Sergeant, what on earth do you expect the General to do with three sheets?" The Sergeant smiled and said "Ah, it's instruction you need, yes, I understand. Here's how: use the first sheet to wipe down; use the second one to wipe up; than the third will do for a bit of polishing up."

25 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

DFW airport.

MJ Hegar or someone with a lot of followers should tweet this in reply to Cornyn's beer tweet.  Shouldn't he be fucking doing something, given this is in HIS state?  Such a worthless piece of shit.

Edited by Gap03
  • Like 4

Every single state remaining should postpone until May.

The Democratic Convention is July 13th. There is no need to have these votes right now, all it's going to do is kill old people which makes for a fun Internet joke but real-life tragedy.

Arizona is closing down polling places, which will only accomplish bigger logjames, longer lines, more impatience, and dramatically increased risk of transmission.

Just postpone this shit, people are going to die.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Kinda rooting for the virus. 

5 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Generally. But not specifically. We got a few friends here afflicted. We should not confuse silly posting quips with real shit. I  sorry for that.   

Dang, you both-sided yourself in less than 45 minutes.

88912761c1a7fd9461e26a3ed0389611.png

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Just bored and checking in. 

Interesting that Trump wore a USA hat indoors today.  He usually wears a hat coming off a plane flight. because you don't have an hour after his nap to shape and secure his hair enough by his daily hair stylist.  But why a hat today? option one- Trump realized he was a dick with the campaign hat at CDC headquarters? IS that the most likely choice? As you think about it, does that ring true?

Or is it more likely that a tired old guy napping with hair to show for it and a low grade fever put on a hat to walk downstairs for a quick press conference to hide his nap hair?  Normally I would not really question the assertion of the Administration. But with the routine willingness to lie about little things? Well that makes me think twice... because I have a brain.

3 minutes ago, horn4life said:

Just bored and checking in. 

Interesting that Trump wore a USA hat indoors today.  He usually wears a hat coming off a plane flight. because you don't have an hour after his nap to shape and secure his hair enough by his daily hair stylist.  But why a hat today? option one- Trump realized he was a dick with the campaign hat at CDC headquarters? IS that the most likely choice? As you think about it, does that ring true?

Or is it more likely that a tired old guy napping with hair to show for it and a low grade fever put on a hat to walk downstairs for a quick press conference to hide his nap hair?  Normally I would not really question the assertion of the Administration. But with the routine willingness to lie about little things? Well that makes me think twice... because I have a brain.

Surprised he even has a USA hat, to be honest.

4 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

The test was negative. Incredibly negative. The doctors, they actually asked me 'Mr Trump, we've never seen a test so negative. How'd u do it?' Maybe its my diet, or good genes. I dunno. Maybe I am the cure! I dunno...i really don't.

1573367188563-pol.gif

• Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Surprised he even has a USA hat, to be honest.

Don't be, it had 45 on the side, it's one sold on his website.

https://shop.donaldjtrump.com/products/official-usa-45th-presidential-hat-white?variant=32971682886&currency=USD&gclid=CjwKCAjwgbLzBRBsEiwAXVIygB5GNioB9S-LpnZowotn0V-S9UNGJgt6xSsJdfL8A6ZyDjaAKnfoohoCZM8QAvD_BwE

• immamac changed the title to CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk