CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

7 minutes ago, Gap03 said:

The US data trend is starting to bend down over the last day or two, so hopefully this demonstrates the impact of the recent shutdowns of large gatherings / businesses in the U.S.

US data does not appear to be slowing down? Given it takes an average of five days and up to two weeks to develop symptoms, you wouldn't see the impact of shutdowns in immediate data. You can really only judge the effectiveness after two weeks, once everyone who was infected before those measures comes around.

Just now, henrygandorf said:

as long as i hear once a day about how restricting travel a month ago completely and totally saved the day forevers, then i feel 100% safe.

don't forget, they are going to have better answers tomorrow.

they can't even get a website up to educate people. blacklab had shaggy up in minutes on a fucking whim.

Just now, hayden_horn said:

don't forget, they are going to have better answers tomorrow.

they can't even get a website up to educate people. blacklab had shaggy up in minutes on a fucking whim.

don't worry, this website will be up...very fast, very quick, unlike...how it used to be...with websites...where it took several days.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gmr548 said:

US data does not appear to be slowing down? Given it takes an average of five days and up to two weeks to develop symptoms, you wouldn't see the impact of shutdowns in immediate data. You can really only judge the effectiveness after two weeks, once everyone who was infected before those measures comes around.

Good point - the very modest slowdown (relative to the trendline) that I saw is probably a function of a subset of the population using a modicum of common sense rather than the more recent governmental efforts.   

can you imagine if this was a rapid attack by a military foe, or a terrorist organization? these fuckers could manage a crisis out of a wet paper bag. 

this is amazing. i know this won't have an effect on the 42%, but the inability to organize a response to this, with the time they've had, clearly reflects on an executive who wants the message to be "relax, we are good, it will pass" to save the economy and his reelection rather than a team of people trying to manage a crisis. they are trying to do that while remaining within the restrictive rhetorical guardrails they've been given. it's obvious from dr fauci going off road on the sunday shows, and then doing a practical handstand for trump at the podium.

Edited by hayden_horn
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Leadership 

Exactly. Why is it so hard for the current leadership to promote this clear message?

We should all do the right thing and stay home to the fullest extent possible. All of us can help slow the spread of the virus, protecting the elderly, the vulnerable, and each other.

Edited by yoladu

Gov. Newsom in his COVID-19 news conference today made sure to promote California as a "Nation State" this afternoon.

Read into it what you will, but that is messaging. 

Gov. Newsom by his own admission handles thing small to big. Read into it what you will.

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

This administration will finally get testing in place when it’s too late because everyone will already have it, but won’t have done anything to get additional hospital facilities and equipment in place to treat the afflicted.

The situation will then devolve into the creation of death panels with Trump issuing a thumbs up or thumbs down as patients are wheeled in gurneys in front of the White House.

Ratings will be yuge. 

28 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Did you get the ignore feature sussed out?

I don't ignore on here. I try not to quote the ones that are repeat offenders, but I do want to keep an eye on them. 

I didn't and have used that methodology, but he really doesn't bring anything of value to any discussion.... So, time for a change. 

2 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Account settings >Ignored Users>add user

For me, I hover over the users avatar picture, and in a few seconds, a popup comes up, that has an 'Ignore User' at the bottom in the middle. Click on that, and you can select what to ignore. I just ignore posts, thankfully I do not get PMs from anybody that I have on ignore.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

Gov. Newsom in his COVID-19 news conference today made sure to promote California as a "Nation State" this afternoon.

Read into it what you will, but that is messaging. 

That's exactly why Putin loves Trump.  It's the only way to defeat the US.  

10 minutes ago, shnsajax said:

Not political talk, but wanted to post this piece of shit dad who parked near my neighborhood and is pimping out his kids.

198cb8671b30a5a4ca2550dd19ec8409.jpg3ec6093a2b26e320897115cb2c3896b5.jpg

Grown men taking advantage of a pandemic crisis for profit and using their kids in the process need to get their ass kicked.

Edited by Tom
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, pantone159 said:

For me, I hover over the users avatar picture, and in a few seconds, a popup comes up, that has an 'Ignore User' at the bottom in the middle. Click on that, and you can select what to ignore. I just ignore posts, thankfully I do not get PMs from anybody that I have on ignore.

It didn't give me the prompt on the Chrome on the phone. Are you on the computer? Either way they're gone.

Grown men taking advantage of a pandemic crisis for profit and using their kids in the process need to get their ass kicked.

I’m still fucking livid, this actually is illegal in Idaho so I did report it but fuck I’m pissed off.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, cactusflinthead said:

It didn't give me the prompt on the Chrome on the phone. Are you on the computer? Either way they're gone.

Yeah, I am on the computer (Firefox), and I usually have NoScript throttling some things, so it might not act the same for me as others. I find it kind of a confusing UI. I think if you go to their profile page, which is where I would expect there to be some 'Ignore this user' option, there is no such thing.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pantone159 said:

Yeah, I am on the computer (Firefox), and I usually have NoScript throttling some things, so it might not act the same for me as others. I find it kind of a confusing UI. I think if you go to their profile page, which is where I would expect there to be some 'Ignore this user' option, there is no such thing.

Yeah, I tried going to the page first. There are options, but it's not as intuitive as I'd like. Wtfever, it's only tree fiddy, can't expect everything. We can make it happen 

• immamac changed the title to CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk