CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

Come on man, you have a number.  You want it to be bad enough to where Trump doesn't look like a hero. Be honest.
Lol. Trump is never going to look like a hero. We had months of warning before we got here. He did nothing with it. Actively obstructed attempts to prepare and contain.

Go back to texags.
  • Like 8

6 minutes ago, Pokoloco said:

Come on man, you have a number.  You want it to be bad enough to where Trump doesn't look like a hero. Be honest.

trump could literally bring the 115+ back from the dead on live tv and he still wouldn't look like a hero.  that dream was shattered long ago, sorry to say.

6 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

trump could literally bring the 115+ back from the dead on live tv and he still wouldn't look like a hero.  that dream was shattered long ago, sorry to say.

How can you all underestimate the American public like this?  Anything less than 100K, he's the goddam messiah.

• Fuck You 3

1 hour ago, DixonHur said:

No, the company is a patent troll called Labrador Diagnostics LLC which is owned by SoftBank.  

The Italians are the good guys for once.

Two entirely different cases.

Labrador sued a diagnostics manufacturer under patents it bought from Theranos (LOL) for a machine unrelated to coronavirus.  The manufacturer has a coronavirus test pending, but it's unclear whether that machine is involved.

Judging by the complaint and the lawyers involved, the lawsuit was in the works for months before filing.

I don't see the "Italian" company identified anywhere, but that's a whole different deal.

Edited by TwiceHorn

3 minutes ago, Pokoloco said:

How can you all underestimate the American public like this?  Anything less than 100K, he's the goddam messiah.

you're underestimating the american public's intelligence and bullshit meters.  your assertion is an insult to the american people.

if 1 person dies, he'll take credit and say he's doing a tremendous job.  if 1 million people die, he'll throw blame at everyone else and say he's doing a tremendous job.

for 3 years we've heard that "at least the stock market is way up".  what now?

5 minutes ago, Pokoloco said:

He's already a messiah to his bootlicking cultists. Nothing will change that. Everyone else has seen him bungle his way through this like an incompetent moron, downplaying it for weeks, no lying and saying he knew it was a pandemic before it was a pandemic, and continuing to insult people on twitter because that's just what he does. The number of deaths is irrelevant at this point politically. His followers will support him. Everyone else knows he is is a shitstain on society. There could be 5 million deaths and he'll say how great he is that it wasn't 10 million. His cultists will love him. He's toast in November. I'm finally starting to feel better about that.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Two entirely different cases.

Labrador sued a diagnostics manufacturer under patents it bought from Theranos (LOL) for a machine unrelated to coronavirus.  The manufacturer has a coronavirus test pending, but it's unclear whether that machine is involved.

Yeah, I read up some more and figured it out after posting, but topic had moved on, so I did too

Edited by DixonHur
Phone typing

2 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

People need to stop being surly and all. 

We are here to help each other, because inside every American there is a somewhat intelligent person trying to get out.

It's a hardball world, boys. We've gotta keep our heads until this corona blows over.

85829420_1396748212.jpg

man, i can't imagine what it is like to be you right now.  your wife was too scared to leave her hotel room and walk through central park in the day time before all this.  I suspect you are being absolutely run down right now.  hang in there.

5 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Was this in doubt before?

So this is what the last straw was for some people...."everything Trump's done up to this point has been well above board, but the plague...yeah, that's just a bridge too far for me"

Saddest part is there are many others who still think he's doing a heck of a job...I'm looking at you Sack

Edited by DixonHur

Trump's admin has obviously been a colossal failure at ensuring enough people are being tested, but I wouldn't bet on the public being able to by-and-large make that connection given the media that many of them consume, and the impotent, incompetent dems will surely fail to make the case on their own.  Demand-side stimulus is a lot more visible to voters and the Republicans appear to understand this more than at least the congressional dem leadership.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xian said:

This will officially make him the worse president of all time. 

i gotta admit, i didn't know much about william howard taft.  but i was watching the cnn "race for the white house" docuseries, which is actually pretty entertaining.  apparently taft wasn't really a politician, but had a pretty good sized ego.  he was also incredibly fat, but didn't sleep well, so during the afternoon meetings, he would often lose focus and drift off.  because of this, he typically spent his afternoons puttering around the golf course.  ultimately, he got challenged by several people looking to take over, but the system was pretty rigged in his favor so he maintained the gop nomination.  regardless, a democrat beat him and ensured he only served one term.

the good old days, amirite?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sidis said:

man, i can't imagine what it is like to be you right now.  your wife was too scared to leave her hotel room and walk through central park in the day time before all this.  I suspect you are being absolutely run down right now.  hang in there.

Ha.  She had a great time. Still would not go down into the subway, but walked around central park on her own, and get this - walked down into Times Square and the theater district AT NIGHT.  

I'm bummed because I'm convinced I am going to die, chocking with my lungs clogged, within the next 45 days.  Anything other than that will be gravy.

1 minute ago, tantric superman said:

I'm bummed because I'm convinced I am going to die, chocking with my lungs clogged, within the next 45 days.  Anything other than that will be gravy.

having your lungs clogged with gravy doesn't sound like a horrible way to go.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

I do like what some chains are doing in relation to old people.  They're giving them an early time slot.  (They wake up early anyway.)  I wish they'd all do that.

here in SoCal, it was a mexican grocer, Northgate Market, that started it.  Now others are following. 

6 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

Demand-side stimulus is a lot more visible to voters and the Republicans appear to understand this more than at least the congressional dem leadership.  

Would be very cool if the nominee DID understand it and would offer leadership on it.

But the voters have made their choice and we will learn and accomplish nothing.

53 minutes ago, Pokoloco said:

I suppose that number would be higher than the tens of thousands Trump and FOX were fine with when they were saying this wasn't any worse than the flu.

Edited by RomaVicta

We Were Warned:

"We were warned in 2012, when the Rand Corporation surveyed the international threats arrayed against the United States and concluded that only pandemics posed an existential danger, in that they were “capable of destroying America’s way of life.”

We were warned in 2015, when Ezra Klein of Vox, after speaking with Bill Gates about his algorithmic model for how a new strain of flu could spread rapidly in today’s globalized world, wrote that “a pandemic disease is the most predictable catastrophe in the history of the human race, if only because it has happened to the human race so many, many times before.” If there was anything humanity could be certain that it needed to prepare for to prevent the deaths of a lot of people in little time, it was this.

We were warned in 2017, a week before inauguration day, when Lisa Monaco, Barack Obama’s outgoing homeland-security adviser, gathered with Donald Trump’s incoming national-security officials and conducted an exercise modeled on the administration’s experiences with outbreaks of swine flu, Ebola, and Zika."

And:

"When the virus was first detected in China, [Eric Toner, a senior scholar at the Center for Health Security at Johns Hopkins University] told me, a more prepared U.S. government would have immediately begun bracing for the “inevitable arrival of the disease” by bolstering hospitals and helping state and local governments implement the social-distancing and other mitigation measures they are now scrambling to put in place. “It would have been much easier to do those things with more time than we have now,” he explained.

The irony is that this is all occurring in a country, the United States, that for decades “has been a leader in pandemic preparedness,” Toner said. “We were better prepared than others,” he acknowledged, “but no one, no country, is prepared for what we’re seeing now.”'

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/03/pandemic-coronavirus-united-states-trump-cdc/608215/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

Jesus--he really, really doesn't have the first clue how tariffs work.  He genuinely doesn't know that they're paid by American consumers.

Sure he does.  He's been told.  But he know that his idiot followers do not know how they work, so he'll keep repeating it. 

1 hour ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Lets wait and see if this doesn't get walked back.

Also - this is only for HUD properties.

Fannie and Freddie too. 

• immamac changed the title to CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk