CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

20 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Nothing I've seen from this president leads me to believe it's at all possible for him to not be divisive. He might say some nice scripted things in front of a microphone then he'll rage tweet about democrats while taking a shit. It's what he's done for literally his entire time in the political spotlight going back years before he ran for president.

I'm talking about all of us, we're the country. I'm hoping we can see through all of the bullshit and come together. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, 'stache said:

It could have. But it started with him claiming it was a hoax by democrats then blaming Obama. There was no way it wouldn't be political after that. Have you seen the fox news video of 2 weeks ago vs now?

important point i saw elsewhere: in addition to those who will die because trump slow-rolled the gov response to this, people will also die because trump has been warring with the media to the point that many people don't trust any news whatsoever. 

1 minute ago, Mdhorn said:

why can't people pray at home?  Seems like it all works the same.  

The last few days have been a lot of people doing just that with churches,mosques, and temples doing their best to give cover to those unable to attend. It's the same bunch of people that called it a hoax last week that are determined to cram together in the pews.

59 minutes ago, Pokoloco said:

Holy hell.  Didn't realize I implied all of this. 

We will not come together because of this.  We will not forgive you for fucking everything up again.   You are a drug addict looking to run home and then you will keep up this charade.    The door locks have been changed.   We have finally realized you were just a junkie selling lies all along.  

(you meaning all republicans)

Edited by Nivek
  • Like 7

10 minutes ago, Pokoloco said:

I'm talking about all of us, we're the country. I'm hoping we can see through all of the bullshit and come together. 

We can come together to deal with the crisis. And afterwards we can hold those accountable that refused to assign themselves any responsibility. Moving on doesn't meaning forgetting and doesn't even mean forgiving. And it certainly doesn't mean we have to leave the same people in control. 

Edited by Dahobbs

11 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

why can't people pray at home?  Seems like it all works the same.  

How are ppl going to put $ in the collection jar if they ain’t at church, homie?

I guess ppl could Venmo.... but we all know that the real money is always in the hard sell. Even the best church goers stray when the watchful eye of the rest of the flock isn’t on them.

49 minutes ago, horn4life said:

Here's your March 18 best example of the mind numbing level of incompetence by this administration.At least 7members of the same New Jersey have contracted COVID 19 at a family gathering. 2 have died, and 4 in critical condition.

So we had an identified contact point at some point days ago from which a person died last Friday. We know that 7 family members are known to have been infected.  What boggles the mind is that 19 more relatives still have tests PENDING!?!?!?!   IF we can't test the 19 people directly associated with 7 infected with two of those dead, where the fuck are we?

It's all good. We tested multiple NBA teams.

Focus on the positive.

Frustrated Head GIF by swerk

Just now, 'stache said:

That's already happening, from my observation, for whatever that's worth.

We've seen the worst of humanity at the start of this thing, the hoarders and the talking heads will be fuzzy memories and background noise in the next few months.  The best of us will come through. 😀

That, or we're completely fucked. ☹️

5 minutes ago, elfenix said:

should have been this one:

Texas-fan-OMG.gif

save those two for dumb shit said by alabamans

Because she's got the coronavirus?

If that's your reasoning it's actually the other Texas gif girl who is getting tested.

Edited by Huckleberry

48 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

Yeah it's a good follow. Here's another one from today.

Jared? Jared who?

I hardly know him.

Pictures? I take pictures with a lot of people.

Married to my daughter? Well I’ve been married multiple times. Lots of pictures. Took a lot of pictures. I meet lots of people. Ok?

Maybe Mike knows him? [Looks at Pence]
We have a whole team Of people. Ask them. One could be named Jared, but I never heard of the guy. 

Lots of Jareds in America.

next question.

4 hours ago, workswithseed said:

They're scared and only know how to lash at people. Trump started off bad, but he's changed and doing much better. 

Trump did a bad job when the grease fire started on the stove but now he's doing a bitchin' job now that the entire house is fully involved!  

Edited by Continental Op
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Pro life party, right there.

Human life is sacred except when shareholders start to suffer.

U.S. Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wis.) said this Tuesday after voting to advance two bills that protect the right to life — specifically, in the case of babies who survive failed attempts at abortion and in that of babies far along enough toward birth that they are capable of feeling pain:

“As a compassionate society we have an obligation to protect life, especially the life of the most vulnerable among us — the unborn, and those babies born alive despite an abortionist’s attempt to kill them,” said Johnson. “America is an incredible experiment in human freedom, founded by leaders who understood that the most basic right, the right to life, is unalienable. I am proud to support these bills that promote that primary mission of our country.”

https://www.wispolitics.com/2020/u-s-sen-johnson-votes-to-support-pro-life-bills/

17 minutes ago, Pokoloco said:

We've seen the worst of humanity at the start of this thing, the hoarders and the talking heads will be fuzzy memories and background noise in the next few months.  The best of us will come through. 😀

That, or we're completely fucked. ☹️

The worst of humanity was fox news and its followers downplaying it and making it political. Then the tp hoarders came out. There is a lot of good circulating right now person to person. But nothing can overcome the overriding menace of trump and his enablers. There will be an election in November, virus or not, and if he wins then you will be wrong about the best of us coming through. If there is anything good left in this world, his enablers in congress who are on the ballot will lose too.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, DixonHur said:

Disagree.  The government/popular response to this has been top notch here, and several other EU countries. 

If the US had responded  like the Czechs, we wouldn't be entering a global recession.  

But hey, black guy and her emails, amirite?

Im all for bashing Trump, but unless CZs response avoids  shutdowns, it's not avoiding dire economic consequences. 

They could perhaps have been mitigated. 

19 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

He signed an act that was passed in 1950? Interesting. Would have been more useful if he would have just gone back and made himself actually prepare for this thing. Or, stopped that idiot from eating a goddamn bat. 

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

That is so vile. Listening to the press conference and the parade of underlings propping up Trump was so revolting. 

Also, the language is so generally sales-like in its upbeat, positive spin. 

Here at Trump Motors we're being PROACTIVE. That's what you've always counted on from Trump Motors where strong measures, leadership, and low, low prices are family tradition. We've got a new shipment of tests, ventilators, masks, and protective gear coming in, so all the old stock must go at incredibly low prices! Everyone who wants a test gets a test here at Trump Motors where it's always been true! We're told nobody can beat a Trump deal!

Test and ventilator provision based on credit rating and bank account. Availability may vary due to area or race. No laws apply.

Don't give him any ideas about starting a car brand.  Of course, it would likely turn out was well as this:

Boeing_727-225,_Trump_Shuttle_AN0200712.

43 minutes ago, Nivek said:

We will not come together because of this.  We will not forgive you for fucking everything up again.   You are a drug addict looking to run home and then you will keep up this charade.    The door locks have been changed.   We have finally realized you were just a junkie selling lies all along.  

(you meaning all republicans)

You've obviously been hurt deep. I'm sorry man. 

• Fuck You 3

50 minutes ago, Pokoloco said:

Then get ready for Biden, Pelosi, and hopefully Schumer as Senate leader, and Obama on the Supreme Court.  And that soon afterward the deplorables crawl back under their rocks.  

27 minutes ago, 'stache said:

The worst of humanity was fox news and its followers downplaying it and making it political. Then the tp hoarders came out. There is a lot of good circulating right now person to person. But nothing can overcome the overriding menace of trump and his enablers. There will be an election in November, virus or not, and if he wins then you will be wrong about the best of us coming through. If there is anything good left in this world, his enablers in congress who are on the ballot will lose too.

'stache, I honestly don't see him not winning again unless there is complete financial ruin and a huge death toll. People are scared, most don't want to change leadership during a crisis. There are a lot of good people that don't like Trump that won't vote for Biden.

• immamac changed the title to CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk