CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

29 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Trump wanting to shut down Mexican border.  They have 164 cases.

And we have over 14,000.  Do you think maybe closing the border would be in Mexico's best interest?  The Canadian border is shut to all but non-essential traffic as well.

• Like 1

Smart guy?

Trump's feelings are getting hurt by the reporter asking him if he's putting too much confidence in a drug in order to put a positive spin on the situation.

"I think you're a terrible reporter. You're a nasty person. That's really bad reporting. Get back to reporting, not sensationalism. It might work, it might not. I've been right a lot."

What a fuckstain.

2 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

They're passing legislation. They passed a bill that Mitch McConnell decided to "gag" on and pass despite his rigid policy of presenting an ideological barrier to every fucking thing the Democrats have tried to do for the last twelve years. 

They should be doing everything they can to find a solution right now. Rain campaign ads documenting the incompetence of the administration in the face of a national crisis in the fall. 

You're telling me they should wait for the fall when the public's mind has already been made up regarding how Trump responded to this crisis?

The public is stupid. If Trump spends months repeating that he's done a 10 out of 10 and nobody could've been better prepared and nobody pushes back on it, people will believe him. But if he spends months responding to demands for answers about why we didn't have more tests, why emergency measures weren't taken to get more ventilators, etc., most people won't believe his stumbling bullshit responses.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, texas08 said:

yes, these measures make sense...they're only about a month late and this shit is spreading like wildfire...due to this being a hoax for such a long time to your dear god. but now it's real right?

im glad your 401k is down the shitter....are you still paying to watch rats fuck?

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I liquidated my 401k in January because I was rolling it into a SEP IRA.  That's sitting there in cash.  I'll average back in over the next year.  I don't otherwise invest in the market.  I like real estate better.

I do have sympathy for those who are losing jobs and wealth due to the Chinese Cononavirus.

Just now, Johnny Sack said:

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I liquidated my 401k in January because I was rolling it into a SEP IRA.  That's sitting there in cash.  I'll average back in over the next year.  I don't otherwise invest in the market.  I like real estate better.

I do have sympathy for those who are losing jobs and wealth due to the Chinese Cononavirus.

Should be putting it into a Self-Directed IRA instead of being constrained by the limited choices of a SEP IRA, especially since you like real estate which has vastly more options in that alternative private placement space.  But you're the smart one here.  

2 minutes ago, Tuco said:

On January 24th, when this thread started, it was exclusively in China.  And there was no other way to distinguish from other strains of coronavirus, like SARS and MERS.  Shit has changed. 

The Chinese government deserves considerable blame for silencing their medical community.  The American government deserves considerable blame for ignoring the warnings from China, the WHO, and our medical community.  Guess which one I have some semblance of control over.  

Agree with you here and I don't think being pissed at China and putting their nose in their own shit on the carpet and smacking them in the face with a rolled up newspaper is mutually exclusive from being pissed at American (and other) governments being caught with their pants down. You can be pissed at both because you have no semblance of control over neither. Let me know when you can stop idiots from hanging out at a St. Patty's day parade or drinking Keystone light during Spring Break or buying half of Kimberly Clark's TP backlog for no real reason.

5 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

The horrible Winnie the Pooh leader for one, who leads a culture of censorship...along with their culture of bullying and silencing people

Kinda pot calling kettle black...press is enemy of the state, say something bad about dear leader and find your credibility questioned, get fired, or subtly threatened with death.  

7 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

these wet markets are unethical and grossly negligent

You know we have wet markets in the US, right?  Hell, the fish market in Seattle is a fucking tourist destination.  That's not culture...that's providing food.  They just happen to have a lot of people to feed, so yeah, they eat some weird shit, but so do we.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

Where the fuck have literally all of the Democrats gone this week? Where’s Nancy? Where’s Chuck? Where’s Biden? You fuckers need to be on tv every goddamn day demanding tests and attacking the administration’s horrible bungling of this shit, and instead you’re fucking tweeting about why we need to means test any financial relief. For fuck’s sake, a five year old would be better at political strategy than the Democrats.

2 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

They're passing legislation. They passed a bill that Mitch McConnell decided to "gag" on and pass despite his rigid policy of presenting an ideological barrier to every fucking thing the Democrats have tried to do for the last twelve years. 

They should be doing everything they can to find a solution right now. Rain campaign ads documenting the incompetence of the administration in the face of a national crisis in the fall. 

1 hour ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Yes - they are - but thats not enough.  Everyone of those assholes needs to be on TV and in ads asking where are the tests?  Where is the equipment?  What is this administration doing?

And then they need to publicize that they are going to do a hell of a lot more for the american public than a $1000 dollars for the middle class and bailouts for corporations.  That proposal document was posted very briefly - but I haven't heard anything else about it. 

As the NYT poll shows, there has been a surge in support for Trump. I think this is just Americans all feeling like we need to pull together, so some have swallowed their disgust to get behind the president. They likely don't know how negligent and malignant the president has been in the face of this crisis.

For the second time in a year, the other occasion being impeachment, I think it's wise for the Dems to hold off on doing anything that seems divisive even if their accusations would be founded in fact. The moment for attack will come.

In the next few weeks, tragically,  the delays and shortfalls and deception will result in medical personnel being afflicted and a raging spread of the disease. We'll be the worst reacting industrialized country. The stock scandal will break.

Before the re-election of W Bush, I would have asserted that this pile up of news alone would unseat a president. The electorate always fails to meet even my lowest expectations. But money grabs in time of plague and the coming impact of the disease might just move the electorate without the usually ineffective statements of elected Dems. 

The country didn't listen during the run up to impeachment; I doubt they'll listen to Dem officials now. It must be the weight of facts tied to actual deaths and profiteering that turns the idiots who are turnable.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

But are you still paying to watch rats fuck?

• Like 1

Just now, DixonHur said:

Kinda pot calling kettle black...press is enemy of the state, say something bad about dear leader and find your credibility questioned, get fired, or subtly threatened with death.  

You know we have wet markets in the US, right?  Hell, the fish market in Seattle is a fucking tourist destination.  That's not culture...that's providing food.  They just happen to have a lot of people to feed, so yeah, they eat some weird shit, but so do we.  

I'm not even sure what you are arguing. Because we have a shitty president we can't call China's leader shitty? He's a fat shithead who sucks and has caused a lot of pain and damage to the markets and people's money. Apply that last sentence to both leaders. What's the problem? Why are you cool with saying about only our shitty leader and it's uncouth to call winnie the pooh a damn loser too?

The next time Seattle causes billions of dollars-- nay, trillions of dollars in damage-- via a pandemic, gets shut down, and then is opened back up multiple times just to have it happen again, then we can "both sides" this situation. Otherwise, it's obvious CHINESE wet markets are a problem, every time and all the time, just only sometimes they cause a global recession and thousands of deaths thousands of miles away.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hayden_horn said:

caitlin collins done taking shit from this fuckstick

Am I crazy or did somebody (female voice) mumble "liar" around her exchange with Trump and it got picked up by the mic?  I can't rewind my online feed. 

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

What did he do to Peter?

Peter: "Mr. President, what do you say to Americans who are scared? Nearly 200 dead, 400k sick, and millions of scared people. What do you say"

Trump: "I say you're a terrible reporter" followed by attacking the media at large.

• immamac changed the title to CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk