CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

3 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

As the NYT poll shows, there has been a surge in support for Trump. I think this is just Americans all feeling like we need to pull together, so some have swallowed their disgust to get behind the president. They likely don't know how negligent and malignant the president has been in the face of this crisis.

For the second time in a year, the other occasion being impeachment, I think it's wise for the Dems to hold off on doing anything that seems divisive even if their accusations would be founded in fact. The moment for attack will come.

In the next few weeks, tragically,  the delays and shortfalls and deception will result in medical personnel being afflicted and a raging spread of the disease. We'll be the worst reacting industrialized country. The stock scandal will break.

Before the re-election of W Bush, I would have asserted that this pile up of news alone would unseat a president. The electorate always fails to meet even my lowest expectations. But money grabs in time of plague and the coming impact of the disease might just move the electorate without the usually ineffective statements of elected Dems. 

The country didn't listen during the run up to impeachment; I doubt they'll listen to Dem officials now. It must be the weight of facts tied to actual deaths and profiteering that turns the idiots who are turnable.

Maybe this should make you rethink the "Dems should never do politics when it matters"? 

2 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

I'm not even sure what you are arguing. Because we have a shitty president we can't call China's leader shitty? He's a fat shithead who sucks and has caused a lot of pain and damage to the markets and people's money. Apply that last sentence to both leaders. What's the problem? Why are you cool with saying about only our shitty leader and it's uncouth to call winnie the pooh a damn loser too?

The next time Seattle causes billions of dollars-- nay, trillions of dollars in damage-- via a pandemic, gets shut down, and then is opened back up multiple times just to have it happen again, then we can "both sides" this situation. Otherwise, it's obvious CHINESE wet markets are a problem, every time and all the time, just only sometimes they cause a global recession and thousands of deaths thousands of miles away.

Zoonotic diseases happen. The Chinese government are cunts for covering it up initially, but this whole "disgusting culture with wet markets" thing is stupid. Swine flu came from pigs. Should we stop eating pork? The next one could come from dogs and racists around the world could go "look at those filthy disgusting Americans getting sick because they keep dogs as pets!"

It's very easy to criticize the Chinese government without being racist, so don't be racist.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

Agree with you here and I don't think being pissed at China and putting their nose in their own shit on the carpet and smacking them in the face with a rolled up newspaper is mutually exclusive from being pissed at American (and other) governments being caught with their pants down. You can be pissed at both because you have no semblance of control over neither. Let me know when you can stop idiots from hanging out at a St. Patty's day parade or drinking Keystone light during Spring Break or buying half of Kimberly Clark's TP backlog for no real reason.

"Intentionality" has become the new buzzword, but I think it has some merit here.  What is the intent of calling it "Chinese Virus."  We still need to work with the Chinese government on this, and it would be nice if we didn't increase attacks on Asians (all Asians, not just Chinese) because of some misguided blame.  

No, I can't directly stop people from partying on St. Patrick's Day, but my outrage- combined with others - can affect political decisions to close bars.  There is actually a worthwhile intent there. 

Just now, TXSG8R said:

So based on the tone of this presser, someone in the trump campaign decided since they cant do their rallies, it was time to steal presser time to do it instead.  Great.

I really do think it's just that trump couldn't stand not being on TV when everyone in the country is watching. It's as simple as that.

you could tell pompeo hated having to answer "is it appropriate for the president to call your department the deep state department?" then trump says "good answer." he doesn't have to answer that question if you have any fucking discipline you asshat.

press is also hammering the timelines. good on em x2

There's literally no reason for the media to carry any of his pressers. No accurate information is conveyed to their viewers through them. If he wants to stand in front of a podium and talk let him. Nobody needs to broadcast it. Spend the time interviewing experts who can convey accurate information to the audience.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

No.

Yeah?  "Only" may be a little strong, but if there are numerous other non-confidential items or sources of information on which the trade could be based, it's a hard slog for the prosecution.  See, e.g. SEC v. Cuban, which was just a civil case, no reasonable doubt.

Just now, wildcat09 said:

There's literally no reason for the media to carry any of his pressers. No accurate information is conveyed to their viewers through them. If he wants to stand in front of a podium and talk let him. Nobody needs to broadcast it. Spend the time interviewing experts who can convey accurate information to the audience.

No shit, is the best use of Fauci's time to spend 15 minutes standing behind Trump trying not to roll his eyes or sleep?  The guy needs whatever precious sleep he can get. 

6 minutes ago, Tuco said:

"Intentionality" has become the new buzzword, but I think it has some merit here.  What is the intent of calling it "Chinese Virus."  We still need to work with the Chinese government on this, and it would be nice if we didn't increase attacks on Asians (all Asians, not just Chinese) because of some misguided blame.  

No, I can't directly stop people from partying on St. Patrick's Day, but my outrage- combined with others - can affect political decisions to close bars.  There is actually a worthwhile intent there. 

I am not speaking for racists or anyone else other than myself here, but my emotion and anger at losing a ton of money and having my life in upheaval is the intention for calling it the Chinese Virus. It's social shaming and political shaming and calling them to the carpet for yet another viral pandemic because they need to eat pangolin penis to feel virile and eat bat soup to feel powerful. And all the reporting is this is the 1% of fascist dickhead chinese people, not the 1.39b regular people who are normal, reasonable chinese folks. I would be equally (probably even more so emotional and pissed) if this level of upheaval was caused by American's 1% eating ginsing and essential oil and Gyneth Paltrow GOOP concoctions based on the idea that it helps your immune system.

1 minute ago, Rougarou said:

I am not speaking for racists or anyone else other than myself here, but my emotion and anger at losing a ton of money and having my life in upheaval is the intention for calling it the Chinese Virus. It's social shaming and political shaming and calling them to the carpet for yet another viral pandemic because they need to eat pangolin penis to feel virile and eat bat soup to feel powerful. And all the reporting is this is the 1% of fascist dickhead chinese people, not the 1.39b regular people who are normal, reasonable chinese folks. I would be equally (probably even more so emotional and pissed) if this level of upheaval was caused by American's 1% eating ginsing and essential oil and Gyneth Paltrow GOOP concoctions based on the idea that it helps your immune system.

It's not social shaming.

It's racism.

21 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

Why are you cool with saying about only our shitty leader and it's uncouth to call winnie the pooh a damn loser too?

Cause I'm American not Chinese.  I can have a say in who becomes the leader of America, so I focus on that...I let Chinese bitch about their leader. 

You claimed China was evil because of their leader...my point is we have our own house to clean before we start telling others how to run their country.

Who do you think has caused more damage, both economically and physically to more people around the globe over the past 20 years....China or the US?  Not a trick question.

China is not the problem here.  It's a deflection, and a strawman.

Edited by DixonHur

So the stock market geniuses that aren't really geniuses think he's right about his stock market predictions?  

What the fuck does that even mean?  

We have a lot of things cooking at a high level.  

4 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Yeah?  "Only" may be a little strong, but if there are numerous other non-confidential items or sources of information on which the trade could be based, it's a hard slog for the prosecution.  See, e.g. SEC v. Cuban, which was just a civil case, no reasonable doubt.

I just know what I was taught when a company I was ground floor on went public.  There is a reason why it is considered minimum risk for insiders to trade immediately following the release of a quarterly or annual report.  

People go to jail for trading while in possession of nonpublic material information all the time.  I'm not saying it's a slam dunk, and certainly not for congressmen, but it's still a thing and it's still illegal, even for legislators.

He’s going to come out of this with a victory over Biden the Senate and maybe the House.... then in 6 months he’s going to have the world at his back, especially a hyper-pissed off Europe and he’s going to head back to China with a unified front and lower the fucking boom on those fucks with a new trade deal that pushes 2/3rds of that shit brick country back into the sewer.

How furiously were you jerking off while typing this?

2 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

I always find is best to negotiate against myself when buying things

That's exactly what you told us you'd say to us, sir.  

My god, Trump thinks he's Tyler Durden.  

Edited by Lobo

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

I just know what I was taught when a company I was ground floor on went public.  There is a reason why it is considered minimum risk for insiders to trade immediately following the release of a quarterly or annual report.  

People go to jail for trading while in possession of nonpublic material information all the time.  I'm not saying it's a slam dunk, and certainly not for congressmen, but it's still a thing and it's still illegal, even for legislators.

Brings up a good point. 

Insiders are required to make their purchases/sales public.  Why not require members of congress to make a filing similar to a Form-4 any time they trade x shares /$ amount of a stock within a certain time period. 

13 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Zoonotic diseases happen. The Chinese government are cunts for covering it up initially, but this whole "disgusting culture with wet markets" thing is stupid. Swine flu came from pigs. 

Should we stop eating pork? The next one could come from dogs and racists around the world could go "look at those filthy disgusting Americans getting sick because they keep dogs as pets!"

It's very easy to criticize the Chinese government without being racist, so don't be racist.

Swine flu originated from Asia/China as well. Next?

And while we are throwing out insane speculation about the next zoonotic diseases coming from dogs, what is more likely? Filthy Americans getting viruses from letting their dogs lick their faces and kiss them or Chinese people slaughtering dogs and eating them in wet markets where their blood and entrails and water are all mixed together and spread around? And honestly I'd be pissed in both scenarios if they result in a global recession and pandemic. What is racist about that? I'm racist against playing stupid gross games and winning stupid gross prizes that lead to a slaughtered 401k and FY2020

33 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Kinda pot calling kettle black...press is enemy of the state, say something bad about dear leader and find your credibility questioned, get fired, or subtly threatened with death.  

You know we have wet markets in the US, right?  Hell, the fish market in Seattle is a fucking tourist destination.  That's not culture...that's providing food.  They just happen to have a lot of people to feed, so yeah, they eat some weird shit, but so do we.  

That's not a wet market.

• Like 2

• immamac changed the title to CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk