CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

1 minute ago, Xian said:

What kind of cars do y’all have to drop off cars that often? 

Used. Old. Classic is in the eye of the beholder or a state of mind.

We also have young(er) drivers. They are learning what those little lights on the dashboard mean. And that you ignore them at your peril.

We have never bought a new car, only 'new' to us used ones. So, they aren't really in the shop so to speak, we just take them round and have the fellas service them because it saves money in the long run. Driving the latest model isn't a big deal to either of us. As long as the car runs and is safe we are happy.

We've been married for 25 years and have bought four cars, not including the one our oldest drives which was her present for getting a free ride to college (we got the better end of that deal.) She is hoping to make it last for a long time. That's our girl!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

i typically hate tweets like this. and i still do. 

On the foraging ride this early afternoon I talked with the progeny. She's resigned to the idea that prom, graduation, license offices, and the rest of normal society are not going to exist until further notice. The 4 or 5 year olds we also have to talk with. Yesterday it was a boy concerned with his neighbor. It was funny. Today the 4 year old of a rabbi wonders how many will die of a broken heart. This is the world that we have given them. If they are more compassionate and empathetic to others than I was or am, I'll be grateful. 

• Like 2

Focusing on the important issues. 

Americans will buy this and it will win him votes in November.

If this had happened a couple of years ago, I wonder what it would have done for the prospects for Cuomo and Newsom. 

I will certainly remember both of their leadership in 2024. Cuomo's pretty old, though.

Just now, GhostOfTomJoad said:

He walk...err...rolled that one back. Said 200 of the 254 counties in Texas have reported zero COVID-19 cases to date.

Yes, but I wonder how many people are in the counties that have active cases?  80%?  He's governing by acreage not population.

Dont' get me wrong, I understand that some Texas counties may  never get Covid-19 just as they never get visitors but Abbott can create exceptions if he wanted.

6 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Yes, but I wonder how many people are in the counties that have active cases?  80%?  He's governing by acreage not population.

Dont' get me wrong, I understand that some Texas counties may  never get Covid-19 just as they never get visitors but Abbott can create exceptions if he wanted.

GOP math: if we don't test anyone, 0% infection rate.

• immamac changed the title to CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk