CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

5 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Did Abbott say he wasn’t governor over Dallas or Houston and they need to decide what’s best ?

How about Houston and Dallas decide to make state sales tax illegal and cut off the rest of the state from funding.

Abbott is the governor of >28m and he came across like a small town mayor. Did he take about 2 questions there? 3?

• Like 1

Don't get me wrong, the attrition in Trump's cabinet/senior administrative agency roles, would be encouraging to me were I a dim-witted sycophant.  But there are way too many elected officials in the Congress and at the Governorship level that are making bad choices in order to curry favor to Trump for a promotion in his second term.  

Narrator: "There won't be one.  And even if there was, the remaining deck chairs will be token in nature."  

There has been a long standing tradition in this country, particularly as we eased into this bi-partisan model well over 100 years ago...that the party bolstered into power across most branches/agencies would not specifically target the previous one for revenge or reciprocity, only a token few and very egregious examples notwithstanding.  I would advocate this one time, and I say this as a longtime adversary of the Democrat Party, that several examples be made after this viral dust has settled.  The GOP could use some in-house scorching, I know many of them would go along with the naming of names actually.  

2 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Trump presser about to start. Drinking game thoughts? Take a drink whenever:

• mentions shutting travel down from China
  • "nobody saw this coming"
  • obsolete system made it worse, he fixed it
  • take a shot + beer whenever he attacks a reporter

Says, "tremendous."

• Like 1

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

Says, "tremendous."

I'm already drunk.

Anybody remember the Curb episode where Larry sells cars at th Toyota dealership.  Guy asks him, "what does GT stand for" when pointing at a Celica or Supra?  Larry doesn't bat an eye and says, "Guaranteed...Tremendous"?  It's that level of confident bullshit that Trump has, only Larry makes me laugh and Donald makes me pray my family doesn't have to suffer much at the end of days.  

Edited by Lobo

16 minutes ago, Bevo VIII said:

Abbott is a retard..

Hey I put actions in place let’s see if I’m right and we will wait a few weeks to see. Meanwhile only 11k people have been tested in a state with almost 29 million population.

Seems like he’s choosing to be reactive which is dangerous in this situation vs being proactive.

If you had ever worked for the great state of Texas you would know that being proactive and/or competent gets you heavily punished.

whether true or not, the Reliable Sources show today said how the WH has been watching the Cuomo press conferences, and they are trying to get the higher ups to adjust to that style. One effective item for Cuomo is that he follows an outline and talking points. That would seem to rule out Trump right there. Especially since Trump just makes up facts and figures on the spot.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

y'all are trying to kill people here

7 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Well in fairness, so is the Trump administration. We're just being benevolent in our methods.

At least it wasn’t a rule you had to use peanut butter schnapps or whatever it was @Angry Gorilla sacrificed himself for. 

23 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Trump presser about to start. Drinking game thoughts? Take a drink whenever:

• mentions shutting travel down from China
  • "nobody saw this coming"
  • obsolete system made it worse, he fixed it
  • take a shot + beer whenever he attacks a reporter

Dude, the hospitals are overwhelmed.  Like they need people with alcohol poisoning showing up en masse.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

whether true or not, the Reliable Sources show today said how the WH has been watching the Cuomo press conferences, and they are trying to get the higher ups to adjust to that style. One effective item for Cuomo is that he follows an outline and talking points. That would seem to rule out Trump right there. Especially since Trump just makes up facts and figures on the spot.

If they want to look halfway competent then you let Pence and the doctors talk, and at the end Trump can hop in and say "Aren't these guys just tremendous" and then you pull him off the stage with a giant cane before he can say anything else. 

Edited by TornACL

6 minutes ago, Lobo said:

How fucking happy would you be if you found out he was late because he went to go play golf in Southeast Florida right now?  

He has the tendency to do the opposite of what a smart person does, so it's possible.

1 minute ago, TornACL said:

If they want to look halfway competent then you let Pence and the doctors talk, and at the end Trump can hop in and say "Aren't these guys just tremendous" and then you pull him off the stage with a giant cane before he can say anything else. 

But how is he going to call the reporters names if he doesn't take over the microphone?

2 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I don’t see any visual aids so they are still going with the 15 days piece of paper and maybe a Sharpie.

30 minutes late. 

Just now, Mrs Whiggins said:

I don’t see any visual aids so they are still going with the 15 days piece of paper and maybe a Sharpie.

30 minutes late. 

Pretty much. 

Mike Pence, "What if I told you...the 15 day initiative could be achieved in as little as 360 hours.  Would that be something you'd be interested in, America?"

Just now, Kel Varnsen said:

I'm sure it's been said, but can we adopt Cuomo as our Gov and let Abbott wheel his ass outta here?

Newsom - not Cuomo. Cuomo is different shade of Trump. That voice will drill through your brain like a dentist's drill after as few days. The I, I, I  routine is so tired. 

1 minute ago, Kel Varnsen said:

I was more referring to getting shit done and not how he talks.

Agree. Newsom is doing as much or more in California (thanks to the close ties of businesses out here to our supply chain) and is less annoying than Trump/Cuomo.

But I may be just done with New York politicians.  

It's time for the reporters to go for the juggler*. Hold his feet to the flames. The pressers this week have been nothing but bullshit, self aggrandizing propaganda. They know his stock bullshit responses by now. Throw it back in his face & demand specific answers & tactics to battle this pandemic.

• Like 1

Dangnabbit, I am going to have to go cook supper soon. If I can be ready when my spouse says ‘we need to leave by 5:00,’ why can’t someone who has ‘people’ who meet his every whim?

If I thought it was because he was actually attending to affairs of state I would be sympathetic.

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

200 of 254 Texas counties have more javelinas and feral hogs than people.

One less in my county, thanks to my boar slaying volvo.

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Yes, but I wonder how many people are in the counties that have active cases?  80%?  He's governing by acreage not population.

Dont' get me wrong, I understand that some Texas counties may  never get Covid-19 just as they never get visitors but Abbott can create exceptions if he wanted.

Those counties that have it mostly are blue voters, silly.  It's his own way of purging Texas.

• immamac changed the title to CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk