CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

2 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

International solidarity is a beautiful thing.

Cuba’s government is just trying make cash off of resources that they are eventually going to need soon at home. Alot of “flu and pneumonia” cases popping up at medical centers across the country. 

source: I married into a prominent family of Cuban doctors.  Of those that remained, a lot have high ranking positions on the island. We talked to one of them two days ago who is pulling her hair out in frustration due to this not being taken seriously by locals. 

Just now, 'stache said:

I don't know why any of you watch anymore, unless it's truly just to see the trainwreck. It personally makes me too ragey.

My wife put it on. I said this motherfucker hasn’t started yet?!?!? The country is going to shit and he’s fucking late again to his own god damn press conference! I got so pissed off she offered to change the channel. We kept it on for about ten minutes, which was all I could take.

Now watching Old School and the trust tree. 

I hope that after this is all done, we can agree as a country to finally stop with the fucking war metaphor every time we face a challenge, or every time someone voices opposition to something. 

Edited by TornACL
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

no more Fauci, but now a FEMA guy doing the visuals while he intakes Trump's garble and translates it in his head.

According to the NYTimes, Fauci is pulling a lot of hours off camera and needs some rest.  5 hours a night, max.

3 minutes ago, TornACL said:

I hope that after this is all done, we can agree as a country to finally stop with the fucking war analogy every time we face a challenge, or every time someone voices opposition to something. 

Except the "War on Christmas," of course. 

On 3/20/2020 at 10:40 PM, Lobo said:

The utter abuse that Trump supporters are willing to watch him dish out is beyond the pale at this point.  All because they want his approval and handouts.  So Trump is Henry Hill in "Goodfellas."  We are his wife/first goomah (whichever makes the most sense for you).  Debi Mazar, is Trump's base, watching how he treats us like shit but secretly hoping they can still get in on the action and have him for their own as in that new apartment scene where she catches his attention.  

I mean does Trump have secret phone calls and press conferences with his base at night after he's sobered up, when the rest of us are asleep and talks to them humanely and with promises that he'll do better tomorrow? 

After his multiple tirades today, I am completely expecting his base's defense to switch from blaming the libs and media and China and simply reducing to, "You don't know what he's really like!  I know the real him!  He's better than you could possibly know!  He's changing, he's gonna be different...you'll see!  You don't see him the way I do, when it's just us and we shut the rest of the world out!" 

Some nights, I half expect a call from friends/family that support him...they'll be crying, begging for me to pick them up and help them through this horrible mistake they heaved on the rest of their American family.  And then just as their tears have dried and I've consoled them all I could, they'll be asking for me to drop them back off at the polling station so they can go through this all over again, because this time...like Henry Hill...he'll be different!  

For the record, when I randomly mentioned Debi Mazar late at night on Friday, I did not mean for her to get Covid-19 24 hours later.  I do not have those kinds of powers.  

Edited by Lobo

22 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Oh shit, "this will be a victory that...in my opinion...will be a lot sooner than anticipated. There's never been anything like this. It is vicious. Vicious. We will then get our economy back to above and beyond. I'm very proud to be your president. You're very special people."

What a fucking turd stain.

Wartime president.  

Here's a crazy thought: will there be medals?  Of any kind, that you can wear on your suit?  Nobel Medals?  Iron Crosses?  Croix de Guerre? Can he give himself a Medal of Freedom?  

• Like 1

what's the time stamp on when he said that abotu Romney?  Because I predict that's the TOD on Trump's coroner report in a year or so.  

Can somebody coach him into a different hand-gesture than his usual one?  He looks like Jack Donaghy filming an GE training video during a TIA. 

• immamac changed the title to CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk