CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

26 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Reminder: I did. No, not this EXACT crisis. But I knew that SOME crisis would occur, and this is exactly what you get when you have an incompetent narcissist in charge.
This is exactly the kind of thing many folks warned against, we’re afraid of, and none of it fucking mattered.
We put a deranged, utterly unqualified psychopath in the pilot’s seat. Now the plane has hit some birds and lost both engines. What follows...is exactly what you’d expect.

I called for the end of the republic when he won the nomination, beat that.

2 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I sorta wonder (fantasize?) about McConnell and others stroking out because they suddenly lose their majority due to their idiot colleagues ignoring the warnings and are now not able to participate in a vote - in a body that he apparently banned from having "absentee" votes in. They're going to have to vote. And they're not going to be able to stop legislation for a brief moment. And maybe, just maybe, the dems will seize the opportunity.

Can they redo the impeachment trail?

Or the House re-impeach dOTarD, then Senate have another trial?

Edited by High Plains Drifter
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

King Ranch Chicken?

No, scampi. It’s a dish we all like and lately one has this unspoken worry that each meal might be the last. 

So, it is rather tiresome this schtick with John Cornyn. I’ve called, written emails and he is deaf to reason. 

He and Trump are the one hit wonders of the geriatric crowd:

Not Trio but Duo-

Bla Bla Bla 

Blah Blah Blah 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Good.

Whose decision was it to let the Senate take the lead on stimulus? Let me rephrase, why the hell didn't Pelosi initiate like the House did with the Covid funding? 

I hope she knew Senate Pubs were going to fuck it up in the end, and I really hope she now takes advantage. With their presumptive nominee laying low for some reason, the Dems really need to show leadership right now.

• Like 1

Trump’s attempt to label this the Chinese virus is flat out pathetic and is not and will not work. 

He’s trying to do what foreign governments and media, including ours, did back in 1918 with the “Spanish flu” which nobody now thinks started in Spain. The big problem with that is this isn’t 1918 and the whole planet knows that trump is a lying sack of shit so if trump says it everyone just assumes it’s a lie. Trump would be better off calling it the American virus because then everyone would just assume he was lying about that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

To be fair, I thought this sim was fairly hard to believe and was going about as shittastic as one could have expected if they knew him and his past...then God takes it up to 11 with a pandemic.  Yeah, it's much worse than anyone could have imagined.  

Yep.  With him attacking and dismantling our intelligence apparatus, I was expecting something different to happen. However, maybe terrorists are following Sun Tzu and are content to let us destroy ourselves from the inside.  That tactic is certainly working.

Every other administration in the history of our nation could have handled this better.  Yet, in the last 100 years, something like this didnt happen under any of them.  Maybe its God. Maybe its the Earth.  Something wants us to wake the fuck up or die the fuck off. Either one.  Time for us to wake up, I think. 

Watching Contagion now. I think we have regressed since then. It was tough even in the Hollywood version of 2011, but there are competent people in charge and there is global cooperation. Both of those things truly existed in 2011 and don't now.  It only takes a few years to destroy a century of institutional knowledge. 

Edited by FondrenRoad
  • Like 4

JFC. Imagine that under any other president. We're all so desensitized to it. What a failed state this country is becoming.

Whose decision was it to let the Senate take the lead on stimulus? Let me rephrase, why the hell didn't Pelosi initiate like the House did with the Covid funding? 
I hope she knew Senate Pubs were going to fuck it up in the end, and I really hope she now takes advantage. With their presumptive nominee laying low for some reason, the Dems really need to show leadership right now.

I'm with you in that I think Democrats should be shouting from the rooftops trying to hold the administration and the GOP accountable here, as well as advancing a sound aid plan. Biden has shown to be useless in a moment of major political opportunity. If there's a single Democrat with political prowess, it's Pelosi, though. Whatever she does is for a reason.

Trump’s attempt to label this the Chinese virus is flat out pathetic and is not and will not work. 

I want to believe but I don't see it that way. The American electorate is low info. Coronavirus didn't exist until a week or two ago to a lot of people. His approval on handling this is somehow at or even slightly above 50 percent from whay I've seen. That's well above general approval. Mind numbing. Anything short of a worst case scenario, regardless of how little he had to do with it, your average voter will attribute to him. And the fact that his administration actively tried to undermine the response from the start will be irrelevant because people don't pay attention. That plus a free thousand bucks handed out to taxpayers tells me he's getting re-elected.

I like CCP virus that NDT and others opposed to the communist party are using. They use it since the CCP might have been able to stop it if they weren't so busy covering it up initially. Wuhan virus would also be a traditional style of name.

3 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

JFC. Imagine that under any other president. We're all so desensitized to it. What a failed state this country is becoming.

I'm with you in that I think Democrats should be shouting from the rooftops trying to hold the administration and the GOP accountable here, as well as advancing a sound aid plan. Biden has shown to be useless in a moment of major political opportunity. If there's a single Democrat with political prowess, it's Pelosi, though. Whatever she does is for a reason.

I want to believe but I don't see it that way. The American electorate is low info. Coronavirus didn't exist until a week or two ago to a lot of people. His approval on handling this is somehow at or even slightly above 50 percent from whay I've seen. That's well above general approval. Mind numbing. Anything short of a worst case scenario, regardless of how little he had to do with it, your average voter will attribute to him. And the fact that his administration actively tried to undermine the response from the start will be irrelevant because people don't pay attention. That plus a free thousand bucks handed out to taxpayers tells me he's getting re-elected.

After 911 Bush's approval rating shot up to 80 percent. Just like then, people now are scared and want to believe trump, their president, will do the right thing. Hell even my wife who hates his guts said a couple days ago she thinks he’s been acting somewhat better. That was before he went off on that reporter for daring him to try to comfort the nation though.

The problem is he is mentally ill, has the most severe case of narcissistic personality disorder I’ve ever seen, will fuck this up, has already fucked this up, and a lot of people are gonna die. Check back in a few weeks.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

WHY IS POSITIVE IN QUOTES YOU FUCKTARD???

And again with the Chinese Virus nonsense.

You remember the other day when he said he was learning so many things? Well one of them is that a positive test is actually a negative outcome. 

Edited by Grade of D as in David
  • Like 1

We are fucked. I went to grocery store here (Singapore) on Saturday. Where i shop has tons of restaurants and bars, all of them were packed. I just turned around and went home.

People think it is over here. They are even letting the kids go back to school today (because children can't get it - WTF).  The last 5 days have seen the highest numbers, with Friday being the highest. We had the first 2 deaths here as well.  People are nuts.

Image result for singapore cases chart march 20

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Not to say they don't help the economy but they actively avoid US tax treatment but want taxpayer money.

I say we take the Ivan Drago approach to the cruise industry.

Aren’t we really better off without them?

Didn’t Hassan Minaj do a show on just how shittastic they were anyway?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

I don't really know too much about Clay Jenkins, he might be as crooked and selfish as most Rep politicians but he's showing 1000x the leadership as Hot Wheels. 

Isn't he a Dem?  I thought he worked on the 2008 Obama campaign.

7 hours ago, berlinerbaer said:

7 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

Trump virus. Trump plague. Trump crash. Trump depression. They all work.

Why? Because they’re true.

Russia is watching and has their bots working on it. Over the hours when Americans are (mostly) sleeping and just in time for the morning coffee:

#NancyChokesWhilePeopleGoBroke and #DemocratsAreDestroyingAmerica

Remember to support the candidate whom you wish to see elected or call/write/email your rep you wish to see ousted and let them know your thoughts. Russia et al are looking for our weaknesses and applying pressure. We ought to do likewise. Cornyn says/does something stupid? Stick a little something in his opponent's donor pot.

11 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

ah yes. Screaming cunts like yourself have no time for details, facts or information. 

LMAO. Bless your heart little fella. 

again, a piece of shit trumpkin complaining about anyone else's deficiency in details, facts or information is fucking precious.  Bless your heart, pussy.

• Like 2

NY Times is going for the clickbait per usual.

This stimulus is waaaay too vague with its language and terms. Doing business with mobbed up Senators that use wishy-washy terms is how you end up holding their dirty laundry and get blamed for taking the taxpayers to the cleaners. Don't cave in to the pressure/PR but hound them like Warren does and hone in on the corruption.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, berlinerbaer said:

There’s no group decision, the bodies are independent. McConnell just went.  He’s Hoping by starting over the weekend he could use the threat of a Monday market collapse to bully Pelosi and Schumer into agreeing to his terms.

While they might given in, I doubt it.  The market collapsed 3 times last week and nobody remembers why.  Once  deal is struck, it’ll rally.  Then collapse the next day. Also, because of corona virus, McConnell doesn’t even have 50 votes right now.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

Looks that way.  Some British ENT docs have done research on this:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/22/health/coronavirus-symptoms-smell-taste.html?smtyp=cur&smid=tw-nytimes

Anosmia, the loss of sense of smell, and ageusia, an accompanying diminished sense of taste, have emerged as peculiar telltale signs of Covid-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus, and possible markers of infection.

On Friday, British ear, nose and throat doctors, citing reports from colleagues around the world, called on adults who lose their senses of smell to isolate themselves for seven days, even if they have no other symptoms, to slow the disease’s spread. The published data is limited, but doctors are concerned enough to raise warnings.

“We really want to raise awareness that this is a sign of infection and that anyone who develops loss of sense of smell should self-isolate,” Prof. Claire Hopkins, president of the British Rhinological Society, wrote in an email. “It could contribute to slowing transmission and save lives.”

She and Nirmal Kumar, president of ENT UK, a group representing ear, nose and throat doctors in Britain, issued a joint statement urging health care workers to use personal protective equipment when treating any patients who have lost their senses of smell, and advised against performing nonessential sinus endoscopy procedures on anyone, because the virus replicates in the nose and the throat and an exam can prompt coughs or sneezes that expose the doctor to a high level of virus.

The British physicians cited reports from other countries indicating that significant numbers of coronavirus patients experienced anosmia, saying that in South Korea, where testing has been widespread, 30 percent of 2,000 patients who tested positive experienced anosmia as their major presenting symptom (these were mild cases).

The American Academy of Otolaryngology on Sunday posted information on its website saying that mounting anecdotal evidence indicates that lost or reduced sense of smell and loss of taste are significant symptoms associated with Covid-19, and that they have been seen in patients who ultimately tested positive with no other symptoms.

• immamac changed the title to CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk