CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

for those not watching, someone from npr asked if there was anything in the stimulus package trump absolutely did not want in there.  trump's answer was that he was ok with restricting stock buybacks, and that some democrats and republicans were also in favor of restricting buybacks.

he couldn't name something the horrible democrats put in the bill that he thought was inappropriate.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Michael Knight said:

i hope this fuck tells everyone to go back to work and everyone ignores him

No shit. Who is going to go to a restaurant with or get in a plane with a large group of people until we get this virus cleaned up or a vaccine is offered?  Only those millenials we saw on Miami Beach.

17 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

holy shit the wall. 

trump voters should be required to watch this shit for 3 hours straight before they pull the lever. 

Are you kidding?  Some of them probably have this shit on their DVR, and replay it while rubbing one out.  They worship him.

1 minute ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Whew.  This is reassuring:

So basically he's going to give it all to his own companies, his buddies' companies, red states, and Florida.  Then bitch about how NY, NJ, CA fucked up their "Chinese Virus" response.  

It's almost like he's actively trying to destroy the union.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Are you kidding?  Some of them probably have this shit on their DVR, and replay it while rubbing one out.  They worship him.

there are plenty of people who are just disengaged, live in a red state, and are happy about their 401k.  or at least they were until a few weeks ago.

they avoid watching him on purpose.

6 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

So basically he's going to give it all to his own companies, his buddies' companies, red states, and Florida.  Then bitch about how NY, NJ, CA fucked up their "Chinese Virus" response.  

it's worse than that.  at some point in the next 5-10 years, we'll learn about how trump denied funds to struggling hotel competitors, drove them out of business, then scooped up their land/assets at a huge discount.  thank god the brand is tarnished for fucking ever.

7 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

He's not actively trying to destroy it, he's just actively trying to further his own interests and profit, while not giving a fuck about the union.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

why does facebook have 700k n95 masks ?

You obviously have never  smelled cheesy poof/mountain dew fueled nerd farts

55 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

It's just the olds.  That's all.  And preexisting conditions.  

Trump did say he had a plan to take care of preexisting conditions for almost no extra health premiums.  Promises kept.

Edited by Horn Dog
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

Which is why Nancy and the dems will never go along with Moscow Mitch and the Republicans most recent attempt to take advantage of a crisis and raid the treasury. That’s why Moscow Mitch was acting like a bitch on the senate floor. She’s costing him some bucks. Plus the law should exclude every trump property or entity from ever getting one fucking dime. Otherwise, no deal.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LTbear said:

He's not actively trying to destroy it, he's just actively trying to further his own interests and profit, while not giving a fuck about the union.

Maybe.  But he's setting up a situation where the blue states stay shut, because their governors listen to the actual scientists and because there are already hundreds of deaths.  Trump makes it hard to get PPE and ventilators, and they're in a terrible economic spot.  He, and his sycophants blame CA and NY for everything, while bleeding them for more money they don't have.

I have no idea whether it's intentional on dotard's part, or whether he got talked into this by some combo of Bannon, Putin, Jared, and Prince.  But that clearly seems to be the game.

I have to tell you--as I have taken up my position on the ledge next to @Brisketexan over the past week, my alcohol consumption has gone up dramatically.  I don't mean that in humor.  I'm fucking serious--the knowledge that the Republican Party is absolutely willing to sacrifice the lives of millions of Americans to try to save Trump's chances of reelection . . . it just deprives sobriety of any attraction whatsoever.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Ghost of LL said:

I have to tell you--as I have taken up my position on the ledge next to @Brisketexan over the past week, my alcohol consumption has gone up dramatically.  I don't mean that in humor.  I'm fucking serious--the knowledge that the Republican Party is absolutely willing to sacrifice the lives of millions of Americans to try to save Trump's chances of reelection . . . it just deprives sobriety of any attraction whatsoever.

As each year has passed, as this administration's incompetence has grown and grown, and become more obvious to anyone with any IQ at all, the realization that Team GOP had to go all in, or potentially lose power forever.  

I have a feeling that in the next month, something will be proposed that's even more depraved than what Patrick spouted off this evening, and the GOP will nod their heads in agreement.

It's keeping power, no matter what the costs now.  Fuck the country, fuck the constitution, fuck everything. 

2 hours ago, David Dennison said:

I am on Team Fuck Republicans Because They Are Evil.

Covid-19 is happy to fuck them for you.   I want to hack into The Villages security cam in a week and see the golf carts smashing into each other as MAGA hat wearing seniors, who look like extras from  the movie Outbreak on Peyote,  struggle to keep their black calf-high socked feet on the accelerator. 

But I digress...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

I am willing to let Dan Patrick die.  Really for the a hell of a lot less than the future of this country.

I'd be willing to let him go for tub of Creamy Creations Turtle Pecan ice cream

He knows he won't because he'll be first in line for a ventilator that causes someone else to die who couldn't get it. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

David, you haven't been paying attention.  You act like you do but you don't.

I think he sees it. Through a glass darkly, but he can see the grim reality that his party has sold its soul. There's a lot of it going around. Back when J. Rubin was trying her best to put a good spin on 47% I gave her a ration of shit every day. Rick Wilson was and is a successful player of the game. I don't have to agree with them on every issue. I don't WANT to agree with them on everything. If they can sift through the debris of what once constructed a party that had a soul and a conscience I'm willing to listen. But, they know it has to be torn down and restarted. That's why they catch such shit from Fox. 

Yeah, I'd still like to see them answer Pierce's 5 questions, but there is time for me to cajole them. 

Well, I hope so. Tomorrow is not necessarily a given. 

• immamac changed the title to CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk