CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

2 minutes ago, mdmost said:

If Glenn Beck and Dan Patrick want to volunteer in the ICU Wards in their quests to die for our economy, let’s arrange that.

Your heads in the right place, but you need to show a little more compassion for the patients here.

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, mdmost said:

If Glenn Beck and Dan Patrick want to volunteer in the ICU Wards in their quests to die for our economy, let’s arrange that.

No. Let them work in support services. Here's your cart. Get to hauling trash. When you get done, you're on restrooms. Sorry, all out of gloves. Unless you have some of your own. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Pasken said:

Wow. Amy's husband is on Oxygen. That can't be good. 

52 with no pre existing conditions per Amy.  If true, these are the cases that scare the hell out of me.  Sadly, I wonder if people in this country would start to take it more seriously if  someone famous actually died as opposed to just catching the virus.

2 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

52 with no pre existing conditions per Amy.  If true, these are the cases that scare the hell out of me.  Sadly, I wonder if people in this country would start to take it more seriously if  someone famous actually died as opposed to just catching the virus.

If you liked that, you'll love this:

5 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Yeah, it really scares the hell out of me too, since I'm also 52 with no pre existing conditions. Dying because I can't breath is also my number one fear, so this whole thing hits close to home.

2 hours ago, bolverk said:

Agreed. And some were trying to have sober discussions and were repeatedly shouted down as CR regardless of intent or actual substance. Others did abuse it; probably Capt Ant and Lobo most egregiously.

Look man, every single fucking post of mine for the last week has been negged by ctj and his merry band of mall cops and dismissed out of hand, which was real fucking frustrating when it was about salient medical issues and increased risk due to specific action or 

If they're going to say whatever I post is CR even when it wasn't, I may as well give em what they asked for. I didn't cross any of immas lines or break his rules prior around attacks on political ideology or by talking about any party's policies or anything. And yet anything contrary to the group thinking is political speech and bad, even if its fucking directly quoting the decision makers own fucking words.

Hope y'all enjoyed the show. 

• Like 1

The idea that three weeks of non essential businesses closing will somehow destroy the country is asinine pussy talk. 

Go back to work or Destroy America are not the only two options, but for the simpleton mouthbreather olds in this country, everything has to be binary choice. 

As soon as these fucking pussies get sick they'll bitch about how shitty the hospitals are. 

If these fagets had any backbone they'd be saying that nothing can take us down and we'll get through this. But no, the sky is falling because I'm terribly inconvenienced. 

No wonder we couldn't win the Vietnam War. Worthless Generation. 

Edited by TornACL
  • Like 8

2 minutes ago, TornACL said:

The idea that three weeks of non essential businesses closing will somehow destroy the country is asinine pussy talk. 

These are not the only two options, but for the simpleton mouthbreather olds in this country, everything has to be binary choice. 

As soon as these fucking pussies get sick they'll bitch about how shitty the hospitals are. 

If these fagets had any backbone they'd be saying that nothing can take us down and we'll get through this. But no, the sky is falling because I'm terribly inconvenienced. 

No wonder we couldn't win the Vietnam War. Worthless Generation. 

Bold talk.  Are you trying to make payroll for your small business this week?

12 minutes ago, DalTxHornFan said:

Bold talk.  Are you trying to make payroll for your small business this week?

Look I know this is really difficult for a lot of people, and unlike our leadership I have genuine empathy for people that are fucked by this. 

But what I have a problem with is some asshole with a bullshit radio show telling us we have two options. It's not that simple. The worst part is our "leaders" seem to be following this idiotic line of thinking. 

Three weeks of shutdown will kill some businesses. It will put people out of work. That is a sad unavoidable fact. 

I empathize with people trying to make payroll. I empathize with people I know who are already out of work or making $0.

I don't have empathy or respect for a system that is only giving us the option to either put our health at risk, or to lose our livelihoods. 

Our government still can't get their shit together, while other countries are already covering large percentages of company's labor costs to avoid furloughs.

Instead of doing the right thing, we're aiming to give even more hundreds of millions to our corporate masters with no accountability for where that money goes, while we're all distracted by this bullshit pot banging false choice presented to us. 

That's why the bold talk. Because I care about you. And you're getting fucked. We're all getting fucked. 

Edited by TornACL
  • Like 9

17 minutes ago, TornACL said:

Look I know this is really difficult for a lot of people, and unlike our leadership I have genuine empathy for people that are fucked by this. 

But what I have a problem with is some asshole with a bullshit radio show telling us we have two options. It's not that simple. The worst part is our "leaders" seem to be following this idiotic line of thinking. 

Three weeks of shutdown will kill some businesses. It will put people out of work. That is a sad unavoidable fact. 

I empathize with people trying to make payroll. I empathize with people I know who are already out of work or making $0.

I don't have empathy or respect for a system that is only giving us the option to either put our health at risk, or to lose our livelihoods. 

Our government still can't get their shit together, while other countries are already covering large percentages of company's labor costs to avoid furloughs.

Instead of doing the right thing, we're aiming to give even more hundreds of millions to our corporate masters with no accountability for where that money goes, while we're all distracted by this bullshit pot banging false choice presented to us. 

That's why the bold talk. Because I care about you. And you're getting fucked. We're all getting fucked. 

There were more options but the government refuses to take them.  Billions of dollars earmarked for the rich and corporations could go to families that need assistance.  Start producing masks, respirators and gloves like it's wartime and deploy the national guard while giving hospitals the equipment they need.  But back to the two options that Trump is holding Americans hostage to.  .    

5 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

Why are Democrats okay with people going without food or homes which will kill people. 

This game isn't fun, but it can be played.

Imo, the lives of most Americans would improve if the Chinese successively invaded and overthrew our government. Change my mind. 

5 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

Imo, the lives of most Americans would improve if the Chinese successively invaded and overthrew our government. Change my mind. 

Norway’s got their country where I wish America was, so I’ll say I’d rather be invaded by a bunch of Vikings, and I said it, and I’m sticking to it.  And no, not that there’s anything wrong with that.

2 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Yeah, it isn't like prominent Democrats have suggested providing households thousands in income per month while we're shut down or anything.  Man, if they had done that, then you'd look really stupid. 

I mean they were about to do that till Nancy came in, but apparently it wasn't political enough.

Also when are we supposed to leave out houses? Do we just stay until we have no jobs to go back to, and then the second wave of Covid 19 comes around and do it again? 

• immamac changed the title to CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk