CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

4 hours ago, Bullneck said:

Here's what Snopes says:

Bottom line: No other president has sunk to lows like Trump, or was as untrustworthy.  You'll split hairs now to suit your argument, but he's scum and you know it.

A huge problem with Trump is that he's so fucking poorly spoken, everyone has to parse and interpret what the fuck he's saying.  In this context, he's using the word "hoax" as a synonym for "persecution", when the words do not mean the same thing at all.   So it's like, do you take him at what he says?  What he says he said?  What his staff says he might have meant? Some other alternative possibility that no one has considered but still applies to the word salad?

giphy.gif

• Like 2

For your reading pleasure...or disgust.

The Insane Asylum at TigerDroppings

An example.

Thanks to democrats, not only haven’t we let our weakest die off, we have decided to support them financially thus freeing them up to reproduce at a much higher rate than our best and brightest

Nazi much?

Edited by VABuckeye

11 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

Uhg, this is what's so frustrating about the hardlining of the DT thread. This is an incredibly salient and important issue and decision as to how we are going to stock our hospitals and first responders with PPE and treatment supplies. Its very nature is political, but has (potentially) grave repercussions for failing to build up our stockpiles or even get the ball rolling while we still could.

But, we can't say anything whatsoever about the office of the president and the decisions from that office that direct impact our ability to respond to CV.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Captainant said:

Uhg, this is what's so frustrating about the hardlining of the DT thread. This is an incredibly salient and important issue and decision as to how we are going to stock our hospitals and first responders with PPE and treatment supplies. Its very nature is political, but has (potentially) grave repercussions for failing to build up our stockpiles or even get the ball rolling while we still could.

Ignore the DT thread.  It's useless.  Its uselessness is being exacerbated by the mods.  Pretend it doesn't exist.

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, Captainant said:

But, we can't say anything whatsoever about the office of the president and the decisions from that office that direct impact our ability to respond to CV.

So you said it in this thread, I just read it.  Do you really think you are going to change the mind of the people who are saying you aren't allowed to use political items in the non-political thread on DT?  Get over yourself.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Captainant said:

You can post a news story about how mayors and governors are saying they can't get what they need from the Federal government. It is even better if the story comes from a Republican governor or mayor. It communicates what is happening without you bitching about Trump since there is nothing you can do to change that situation until November. Bitching about Trump is for this thread. That is why I am here. I go to DT for information on supplies, cases and deaths. Hell I posted an article on a new test in which results get back in 45 minutes. It is now finally being talked about extensively on the news.

Edited by DanTheHorn
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, zork said:

So you said it in this thread, I just read it.  Do you really think you are going to change the mind of the people who are saying you aren't allowed to use political items in the non-political thread on DT?  Get over yourself.  

That thread is not non-political. The entire thread is political in nature.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

I go to DT for information on supplies, cases and deaths.

Yeah, and refusing to invoke the defense production act - something only the president can do by law - has a fucking material impact on the availability of supplies. 

7 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

You can post a news story about how mayors and governors are saying they can't get what they need from the Federal government. It is even better if the story comes from a Republican governor or mayor. It communicates what is happening without you bitching about Trump since there is nothing you can do to change that situation until November. Bitching about Trump is for this thread. That is why I am here. I go to DT for information on supplies, cases and deaths. Hell I posted an article on a new test in which results get back in 45 minutes. It is now finally being talked about extensively on the news.

I don't get the obsession with the DT thread.  It's a fucking message board, people.  Not the sole source of information.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Like 7

23 hours ago, immamac said:

So be it. If this is the main place you get your covid-19 news then you probably don't give a fuck about stuff happening everywhere else, just in your region.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

thats not a good take

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

that's weird, because yesterday he said they didn't technically need to invoke the dpa because every company that they've asked to produce supplies has happily agreed.  in fact, most have reached out and called trump to volunteer their services.

so which is it?

• Like 1

Just now, Captainant said:

Yeah, and refusing to invoke the defense production act - something only the president can do by law - has a fucking material impact on the availability of supplies. 

I can come and read about that here. Also, turn on CNN or MSNBC and it is mentioned every 3 seconds. Turn on Fox and you will never hear about it. People on Fox no longer come to this board because they have zero arguments to make in defense of the president.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

I don't get the obsession with the DT thread.  It's a fucking message board, people.  Not the sole source of information.

all the way this.  stop fucking bitching about that thread.  there's plenty of conversation and information here with fewer trumpkins.  win-win.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Many links that are now on my bookmark bar came from DT. I need it less and less by the day. I read it because like for many here this place is a vice.

24 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Nope.  Never.

I am well aware that we have a huge percentage of our population that is a toxic stew of evil/deranged.  I don't need to go into their room to hear their insane rants.

The flagship university of Louisiana. Amazing. 

Do you think a CEO might APPRECIATE it if the President used the Defense Protection Act because that CEO's Board and Shareholders might be angry if the CEO volunteered full attention to the shortages?

Seems to me, the Defense Protection Act provides safe harbor for CEO's to act in the best interest of the sick and dying. 

8 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

“The President’s declaration opens up new sources of funding for individual and public assistance that will help Texas respond to this public health emergency and protect public health and safety.”

Cool.  Has NY, or California, or Washington gotten theirs yet?

Thread on the battle between Lindsey Graham/Hannity and Bernie Sanders over the CV Relief Bill.

Graham et al are saying the $600 in federal unemployment benefits is too much because “people will quit their jobs and stay home and make more money.”

(Despite the fact that you usually can’t quit a job and collect unemployment)

Bernie is threatening to gut the corporate bailouts if Graham and his chums get Trump to oppose the unemployment increase.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

“The President’s declaration opens up new sources of funding for individual and public assistance that will help Texas respond to this public health emergency and protect public health and safety.”

he did this because abbott tongues his asshole, while he has a personal gripe with cuomo. lives are at stake, and the president is playing favorites. he is an evil man.

Edited by hayden_horn
  • Like 6

19 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Of course, it's the media.  40% will take this as complete gospel:

He is literally the only person thinking about re-election during a pandemic crisis. If he would govern on whats best for the country, instead of what he considers best for re-election, we would have been much better off. In fact, he would probably look a tiny bit competent even.

Yes, Republicans still cling to the idea people WANT to be on unemployment despite studies suggesting the opposite.

Of course, there are exceptions and those exceptions who like to stay on unemployment tend to vote Republican.

Edited by pacman

1 minute ago, hayden_horn said:

he did this because abbot tongues his asshole, while he has a personal gripe with cuomo. lives are at stake, and the president is playing favorite. he is an evil man.

It's incredible. The epicenter is all around myself and others who post from here and yet here we are with this. The cultists are once again tying themselves in knots to justify this decision. This guy is just pure evil and so are his cultists supporting him.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Thread on the battle between Lindsey Graham/Hannity and Bernie Sanders over the CV Relief Bill.

Graham et al are saying the $600 in federal unemployment benefits is too much because “people will quit their jobs and stay home and make more money.”

(Despite the fact that you usually can’t quit a job and collect unemployment)

funny, i had this conversation with the wife this morning.  the two people under her (she works in pr) are in their early 20's, and neither makes much money.  for the next 2-3 months, their hours are scaled back to where they're basically making what california pays in unemployment.  but if you add $600 per week, then yeah, it makes way more sense for them to bounce and watch netflix all day and deal with everything in july (collecting 3 months of a ~$50k/yr salary).

and i think the quit/fired/lay off rules are waived during an emergency, but either way, they could quit based on lost hours and claim the full amount i'm sure.

she was like, "shit, can i do that?"  i explained that the math doesn't work as well for her, but she could if she wanted to.  then she was like, "well, if they figure this out and quit then i'm fucking quitting too."

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

It's incredible. The epicenter is all around myself and others who post from here and yet here we are with this. The cultists are once again tying themselves in knots to justify this decision. This guy is just pure evil and so are his cultists supporting him.

Why is it the epicenter is all around you and others who post from there?  Do you have any hypothesis' as to why that is?