CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

In a sick way, I hope this is verifiably true.

If it is....yeah.  I won't post what the proper response should be.

But anyone and everyone affiliated with facilitating this approach by the admin should never be allowed to live a single second of their lives in peace.  Not a single second.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Sit down and shut up Massie

you dickless shithead 

It's astonishing to me that three of the absolute biggest cunts in Congress all came from Kentucky.  Is there any doubt that, but for the necessity of their fine bourbons in this time of need, we would have either kicked them out of the Union or just nuked the damn state?  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Gap03 said:

It's astonishing to me that three of the absolute biggest cunts in Congress all came from Kentucky.  Is there any doubt that, but for the necessity of their fine bourbons in this time of need, we would have either kicked them out of the Union or just nuked the damn state?  

Well, I suppose the fact that at least half the state is strung out on meth or opiates has to account for some of it.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, FondrenRoad said:

Its not sick to hope that.  The alternative is worse.  His bullshit needs to finally be exposed to the light of day. 

Well, I guess I hope that Michigan isn't being denied anything for any reason other than "ain't got none," and that's bad enough.

10 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

States being kicked out or leaving the Union is going to be a real thing if it turns out that critical medical supplies to fight a pandemic are being withheld from certain states due to political reasons and/or Trump’s evil vindictiveness.

Not that Michigan would ever go through with it (nor could they, as that has long-since been established).....but that's a dead-solid valid reason to introduce immediate articles of secession.  Being that the administration is actively trying to kill medical practitioners and citizens of the state.  

Edited by Brisketexan

38 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Well, look at that. Fuck  vendors if they want to be shitty. Open source nerds are in it too. 

America is having to do a GoFundMe for open source ventilators during a pandemic because the Federal government refuses to take action?

spacer.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Not that Michigan would ever go through with it.....but that's a dead-solid valid reason to introduce immediate articles of secession.  Being that the administration is actively trying to kill medical practitioners and citizens of the state.  

The Canucks might take them in.  We may need to start a conference USA realignment thread at some point in the not-to-distant future.

23 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

States being kicked out or leaving the Union is going to be a real thing if it turns out that critical medical supplies to fight a pandemic are being withheld from certain states due to political reasons and/or Trump’s evil vindictiveness.

Honestly, I don't even know why California even hangs around. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Well, I guess I hope that Michigan isn't being denied anything for any reason other than "ain't got none," and that's bad enough.

Yeah but you know that isn't what's happening. He also told Cuomo NY doesn't need that many. The national stockpile is still stocked. Its just waiting on a red state to ask for them.

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

Cool, cool. 

Absolute rage. 

I'm no fan of Kathy Griffin, but if Donald Trump can't bring himself to care about the lives of my countrymen, how can I be expected to care for his life? All of his tweets are projections. He is an enemy of the state. I don't advocate assassination, but I do advocate prosecution and punishment as harsh as the law allows.

40F2A50500000578-0-image-a-123_149617842

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FondrenRoad said:

That thought crossed my mind too. The Earth will balance itself and we are the cause of the imbalance. 

The Earth is not balanced nor is there an equilibrium. Ask the dinosaurs. We're just lice on a giant molten ball with a cool crust.

The ants will inherit the earth.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

The Earth is not balanced nor is there an equilibrium. Ask the dinosaurs. We're just lice on a giant molten ball with a cool crust.

The ants will inherit the earth.

Of course there is an equilibrium.  The dinosaurs were victims of external interference in the Earth's 4 spheres. The Earth absolutely corrected imbalances caused by the asteroid impact. Too late for the dinosaurs at that point though.  

We are the cause of current imbalances. We are and will be corrected as well.  

Eventually, the sun will swallow the Earth.  Heat resistant cockroaches capable of living inside the sun will be all thats left.  But the earth has maintained a balance ever since it developed a biosphere. No reason to not expect that to continue for the foreseeable future. 

What the fuck is going on? 

"GM and Ventec have opted to go ahead with building ventilators without a federal contract. The companies said they’re poised to deliver the first ventilators in April and ramp up manufacturing capacity to more than 10,000 a month. GM will deploy about 1,000 workers for the effort, and the two companies said they have the infrastructure and capability to boost production more, depending on the needs of the federal government."

2 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Of course there is an equilibrium.  The dinosaurs were victims of external interference in the Earth's 4 spheres. The Earth absolutely corrected imbalances caused by the asteroid impact. Too late for the dinosaurs at that point though.  

We are the cause of current imbalances. We are and will be corrected as well.  

Eventually, the sun will swallow the Earth.  Heat resistant cockroaches capable of living inside the sun will be all thats left.  But the earth has maintained a balance ever since it developed a biosphere. No reason to not expect that to continue for the foreseeable future. 

Shouldn't this be on the silver linings thread?

3 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

"GM and Ventec have opted to go ahead with building ventilators without a federal contract. The companies said they’re poised to deliver the first ventilators in April and ramp up manufacturing capacity to more than 10,000 a month. GM will deploy about 1,000 workers for the effort, and the two companies said they have the infrastructure and capability to boost production more, depending on the needs of the federal government."

Maybe they got a state purchase order for the machines.  It could happen.

2 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

GM and Ventec "donate" the ventilators to healthcare facilities.

Trump claims victory and that he got the ventilators for free.

Mnuchin quietly cuts a check for 5 billion each to GM and Ventec from the new corporate slush fund. This only comes to light in early 2021.

So we pay 10 billion for what was a 1 billion dollar contract. Trump and Fox insist they were free because Trump is a master negotiator. Trumpists eat that bullshit up like it was cake. 

• Like 7

Just now, FondrenRoad said:

Mnuchin quietly cuts a check for 5 billion each to GM and Ventec from the new corporate slush fund. This only comes to light in early 2021.

So we pay 10 billion for what was a 1 billion dollar contract. Trump and Fox insist they were free because Trump is a master negotiator. Trumpists eat that bullshit up like it was cake. 

Fuck that. I didn't even think of that angle

8 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

And I thought I heard on the news today those ventilators won't even be ready until the end of April. 

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

While we could use them before....we'll probably still need them then, too.

Oh no, I 100% agree with you.  I just wish this was all done 1-2 months ago so they could be ready now.  But that would require an actual leader...

• Like 1

Next state to watch is Pennsylvania.  Their numbers have jumped up from ~1127 Wednesday evening to 2218 this afternoon, with the Philly area having about 1100 cases.  I'm not sure if Governor Wolf (D) has historically had a good relationship with Trump, but it will be interesting to see if Wolf kisses the ring or decides to go the way of Governor Whitmer.  

30 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

You forgot that because business leaders are all idiots, Kushner will take a contract to produce 1,000,000 ventilators at peak price points, paid 50% in advance, with immunity from liability and the full order must be delivered no later than 3022.