CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

5 hours ago, Bullneck said:

Maybe they got a state purchase order for the machines.  It could happen.

Just curious who holds the state purchasing contract for ventilators in most states.

2 hours ago, Chooky said:

"This pandemic or this disease uhmm, this uh, this, whatever you want to call it, you call it germ, you can call it a flu, you can call it a virus, you can call it many different names.  I'm not sure anybody even really knows what it is.  But the children do really well."

You could call it a donkey cramp.

A sloop dee woo.

A flop womple and a disco bean.  An antler in your pants.  A flippy biscuit or just bad flatulence.

There must have  been some colorful people sprinkled around in your life Chooky.  You have a unique way with words. 

22 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

trump wants so badly for everyone to think this is his money, and that he's writing us all checks out of his personal generosity.  just like with ukraine, he held up aid, because he acts like it's all his money.  it's our money.

he thinks we all work for him.  it's the other way around, dipshit.

Trump wants to sign some checks that have a chance of not bouncing.

17 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Who exactly is going to get a physical check? There are a lot of them that will be gone by the time a physical check arrived. If you don't have a direct deposit set up it will be a while before you see any check. 

He's got no idea how this works. None of the ordinary shit that any dumbass knows. Not a fucking clue.

There's a lot of people who have no bank accounts.  Like all those who pay cash at the pump instead of using a card.  Or olds who still insist on checks and not any digital transfers (my mother).

1 hour ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

Just remember you're a living organism on this planet, and you're very safe. You've just taken a heavy drug. Relax, stay inside, and listen to some music. Do you have any Allman Brothers?

One of my favorites.  Sigh.  For all the shade Carter got, I'd give anything to have him at the helm now.

Edited by Upgrayedd
Troof
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

He can say whatever he wants. He can only veto or sign. His signing statement is nothing more than that. He cannot override anything in the law. Only the Supreme Court can do that. 

And he'll refuse to comply and his toadie AG will string it out until it goes to SCOTUS which will then grant his wish 36 months from now.

He can say whatever he wants. He can only veto or sign. His signing statement is nothing more than that. He cannot override anything in the law. Only the Supreme Court can do that. 

And he'll refuse to comply and his toadie AG will string it out until it goes to SCOTUS which will then grant his wish 36 months from now.

Correct.
There is no non-violent means of getting this president to follow the law. None.
And it will come to that. He’s doing his best to ensure that the one necessary prerequisite to violence occurs: social collapse. As long as Americans were safe and fed McDonald’s, there wasn’t going to be violence. Those things are no longer true. He’s playing with fire. May he burn in hell.
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Correct.
There is no non-violent means of getting this president to follow the law. None.
And it will come to that. He’s doing his best to ensure that the one necessary prerequisite to violence occurs: social collapse. As long as Americans were safe and fed McDonald’s, there wasn’t going to be violence. Those things are no longer true. He’s playing with fire. May he burn in hell.

the only thing left for democrats to do, is, what's it called, when you, crap, it's like, you have an idea, then you communicate it clearly to a large group of people?

narrator - the word is messaging

4 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Unfortunately, Congress made no attempt to exercise its inherent authority to arrest and detain recalcitrant witnesses. It chose to go through the courts. 

And this SCOTUS (minus RBG) will let it slide once it finally reaches their desk.

Fin

21 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

There must have  been some colorful people sprinkled around in your life Chooky.  You have a unique way with words. 

That was a direct quote from your dear leader today.  That's why it had, you know, quotation marks around it.  Pay attention, you lummox.  Now explain to me how you now process the same quote as layered brilliance from Big Don.  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

So, surely this cannot be legal???

Thread on Trump issuing a “signing statement” that basically says he’s ignoring any and all congressional oversight included in the recovery bill.

Taking a page out of the George W. Bush playbook. 

4 minutes ago, Chooky said:

That was a direct quote from your dear leader today.  That's why it had, you know, quotation marks around it.  Pay attention, you lummox.  Now explain to me how you now process the same quote as layered brilliance from Big Don.  

I was talking about the unquoted stuff at the bottom, buzzard splat.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Upgrayedd said:

One of my favorites.  Sigh.  For all the shade Carter got, I'd give anything to have him at the helm now.

Hell, I'd take any President in history over Trump.  Nixon. Hoover.  Buchanan.

Trump was already easily the worst President ever even before coronavirus. Now he is lapping the field many times over.  We are probably looking at an unbreakable record.  And thats even before all his dirty laundry airs in state court after his Presidency is over.  But hey, Trump wanted his name in the history books. He got it. 

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Trump was already easily the worst President ever even before coronavirus. Now he is lapping the field many times over.  We are probably looking at an unbreakable record.  And thats even before all his dirty laundry airs in state court after his Presidency is over.  But hey, Trump wanted his name in the history books. He got it. 

trump just looks incompetent while trying to solve the problems he didn't create.

he has trouble with the other ones too.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

I was talking about the unquoted stuff at the bottom, buzzard splat.  

Kind of interesting how you were miffed on one part that was intentionally inane to parody the president's gibberish and completely unfazed by the real time gibberish spoken directly from the mouth of our confused President at a podium in the White House during a national address that was meant to be informative.

17 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Teddy would kick his fucking ass and make him cry calfrope in a submission hold. Hell, Frank would do it!

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

A real estate agent complained.  This seems like a bad idea.

If these small towns won’t shelter in place then they can stay there when they get sick and not come to the city hospitals and take space away from responsible people.

• Like 3

Just now, Pasken said:

If these small towns won’t shelter in place then they can stay there when they get sick and not come to the city hospitals and take space away from responsible people.

Yep. This should be the case. Not to mention these ppl shit on Dallas all the time also. I have family that are this way

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'm sorry, but seeking advice from ARod is the most Trumpian thing ever.

I need to go to bed.  Like, for a decade.

I dunno -- he might be onto something here. Hear me out. Now, if someone wanted to learn about infectious diseases, wouldn't it be wise to consult an expert?

• Like 3