CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

1 hour ago, Bama Chick said:

lol

I’m glad Twitter has a line.

Racism? Totes cool.

Wacko conspiracy theories? No prob.

Trump has spouted off more CV misinformation than anyone. Where’s his timeout?

Should be grounds for immediate detention as those tweets are threats to public safety.

21 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Holy fuck.

Bbl I gotta go make some calls and hug someone 

Unfortunately, I think the attribution in percentage is reversed.  Horribly it appears the percentages of those surviving a progression to needing ventilation is a lot worse.  I saw this in a nuts and bolts post from an ED doc in the MS/LA area.  Can't verify first hand:

worldwide 86% of covid 19 patients that go on a vent die. Seattle reporting 70%. Our hospital has had 5 deaths and one patient who was extubated. Extubation happens on day 10 per the Chinese and day 11 per Seattle.

• Like 1

I don't know. It was the standard purchase size for me. I had to scout out some for the vet clinic, but I just got the same old amount. Kroger and WallyWorld have been wiped out for a week. It's not only paper products. Standard dish detergent, canned vegetables, flour, most of the meat, big gaps in the shelves all over the place. I've only read of shortages in stores. Well, the gas freakshow a year ago, and the occasional snowstorm, but nothing like this. 
Where are you?

1 hour ago, fuggled said:
2 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:
I don't know. It was the standard purchase size for me. I had to scout out some for the vet clinic, but I just got the same old amount. Kroger and WallyWorld have been wiped out for a week. It's not only paper products. Standard dish detergent, canned vegetables, flour, most of the meat, big gaps in the shelves all over the place. I've only read of shortages in stores. Well, the gas freakshow a year ago, and the occasional snowstorm, but nothing like this. 

Read more  

Where are you?

DFW. Denton to be exact. El Rancho is in Lewisville, 99Ranch in Carrollton. There are others of both around the area. 

2 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

lol

I’m glad Twitter has a line.

Racism? Totes cool.

Wacko conspiracy theories? No prob.

Trump has spouted off more CV misinformation than anyone. Where’s his timeout?

Gateway Pundit gets the Daily Double in that Mediate article, cited for two false stories. Impressive.

32 minutes ago, elfenix said:

now over 2000 deaths.  remember back in the salad days of just 1000 deaths, 3 days ago?  i 'member

Somewhere in the Surly universe, someone posted there wouldn't be 500 deaths in the US from this, period.

I don't recall who, or what thread, and I don't care to go digging.

6 hours ago, Chooky said:

I still can't believe it's that high. 

Rallying around the president in a time of crisis is normal. People want to believe.

The fact that it is that low is an indictment and a culmination of 3 years of lying. Plus everyone knows what he said while the crisis was unfolding. It’ll be zero cases soon he said. Now its the highest in the world and climbing.

9 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Somewhere in the Surly universe, someone posted there wouldn't be 500 deaths in the US from this, period.

Hm.  I wonder if it was a Republican or a Democrat. It’s so hard to know, because it’s not at all the case that only one side of the political debate routinely proclaims stupid fucking shit.  

Edited by BrickHorn
  • Like 2

Let me guess.   Trump wants to funnel a few hundred million this way:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/ami-tabloids-are-on-a-ventilator-after-david-pecker-enforces-brutal-staff-pay-cut?ref=home

Supermarket tabloid king and longtime Donald Trump acolyte David Pecker, the chief executive of financially troubled American Media Inc., is cutting the payroll of the National Enquirer and at least nine other AMI publications by 23 percent starting April 1, Pecker announced in a staff memo Saturday.

The company-wide move, which comes as AMI is ending its fiscal year, could well be a harbinger of worse things to come, including mass layoffs and the shutdown of several AMI titles, according to people who are familiar with AMI’s financial condition.

The company, which is majority-owned by the Chatham Asset Management hedge fund, was already in dire straits. The Enquirer’s newsstand circulation has plunged to new lows (under 100,000), recent staff layoffs have left several publications to operate with skeleton crews, a federal investigation was launched into AMI’s potential criminal liability in campaign finance violations to help Trump (prompting Pecker and his deputy Dylan Howard to take immunity deals in exchange for cooperation with federal prosecutors), and a reported $100 million sale of the Enquirer to the Hudson News’ CEO Jimmy Cohen has still not closed nearly a year after it was announced.

35 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Which trumpster was it?

• Like 1

What are the chances of Universal Health Care finally being adopted after this pandemic? Millions of people are losing their jobs and along with it their healthcare at the worst possible time 

Edited by Mapache
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

depends on how the vote goes, assuming we have one, in November

Assuming we have a new President, look for Team GOP to start moaning about the debt, "we can't afford those things", etc.

Fox will spin all these extra trillions being added to the national debt as "panic debt" forced upon Trump by blue state governors.

• Like 1