CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

5 minutes ago, RPM said:

Who's the blonde chick lobbing softballs?

3 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

I'm not even watching and I can tell you it's probably AON.  America One Network or something like that.  

She's from OneAmericaNewsNetwork. She's a regular now and he calls on her because she's 'nice' not 'nasty.' Sorry, chickie--Nasty women get things done.

Re: the reporter from Bloomberg was an African-American guy asking a good question so that might have been another reason Trump had his dander up.

2 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

whoa

i have no idea how it works in wuhan, but the phrasing of that headline is...problematic.

it almost makes it seem like things are getting better there in regards to the coronavirus, but sick people are going to the hospital, and then someone is bringing their families their ashes a few weeks later.

"mr cho.  your mother did not die from coronavirus.  here, please accept this gift of an urn with her ashes in it.  have a good day."

24 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

Not the quote I was looking for, exactly, but it will be a nice placeholder until I find it:

On November 16, 1941, Joseph Goebbels publishes in the German magazine Das Reich that “The Jews wanted the war, and now they have it”—referring to the Nazi propaganda scheme to shift the blame for the world war onto European Jews, thereby giving the Nazis a rationalization for the so-called Final Solution.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HenryJames said:

Libertarians in the Time of Cholera

He's a law professor, so it's a step up from Alex Rodrigues, I guess. In the article the interviewer puts him on the spot immediately given they've blown through his total fatalities estimate.  

My guess is Trump heard the guy's name was Epstein and he figured he had some underage girls to traffic.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

He's a law professor, so it's a step up from Alex Rodrigues, I guess. In the article the interviewer puts him on the spot immediately given they've blown through his total fatalities estimate.  

My guess is Trump heard the guy's name was Epstein and he figured he had some underage girls to traffic.

“Bill Gates agrees with me.”

[Interviewer reads what Gates actually said.]

”Ah! Well. Nevertheless...”

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

Oh you want a vaccine now? Guess you're going to have to wait for the scientists you hate because it's not coming from anywhere else. 

I know this shit is exaggerated lunacy but it really does magnify just how insane that method of thinking is in reality. 

16 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

“Bill Gates agrees with me.”

[Interviewer reads what Gates actually said.]

”Ah! Well. Nevertheless...”

By the way, Bill Gates agrees with me, I’m happy to say.

What does he agree with you on?

He thinks you have to relax the economic, lockdown restrictions. They are too severe.

Just to clarify, this is from a Vox Recode article, “Bill Gates rebuked proposals, floated over the last two days by leaders like Donald Trump, to reopen the global economy despite the Covid-19 coronavirus outbreak, saying that this approach would be ‘very irresponsible.’ ” Gates said, “There really is no middle ground, and it’s very tough to say to people, ‘Hey, keep going to restaurants, go buy new houses, ignore the pile of bodies over in the corner. We want you to keep spending because maybe there’s a politician who thinks GDP growth is all that counts.’ It’s very irresponsible for someone to suggest we can have the best of both worlds.”

I misread him then. Whatever Mr. Gates said, that’s fine. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

California doing what Florida should have done:

i've been tracking california total cases vs new cases the last week or so.

we've been steady #3 in total cases but have been around 5-9th in new cases, so i'm hoping this means the early shelter guidelines are actually helping.  it's only hope at this point, but who knows.  some are predicting la could be the next nyc.  i don't see how that's even possible.  i could see sf before la.

yeah, suicide is going to be the hidden number in all of this

I’m sadly confident this will be true.
Get a look at Mississippi and the hospitalized number in the second chart. Holy moly. That is big trouble on the horizon right there. Wasn't that the state that also kept the beaches open for Spring Break? Not that Georgia looks any better. Alabama not reporting so unknown. Hang in there [mention=332]Bama Chick[/mention]

The most devoted MAGAtard states (SEC country), which PURPOSEFULLY defied all warnings, shouting “suck it, libtards!” the whole time...are going to be freaking ROCKED by this. It’s truly awful. And it was inevitable. This is the natural conclusion of an anti-science and anti-evidence based reasoning cult. They might as well have all jumped off a cliff shouting “gravity is a liberal conspiracy!” It’s going to be horrific there.
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

i've been tracking california total cases vs new cases the last week or so.

we've been steady #3 in total cases but have been around 5-9th in new cases, so i'm hoping this means the early shelter guidelines are actually helping.  it's only hope at this point, but who knows.  some are predicting la could be the next nyc.  i don't see how that's even possible.  i could see sf before la.

The twitter account that is tracking the cases is concerned about California. Apparently there are 64,000 cases pending. I'll see if I can find their thread. The private companies may not be reporting, or something is going on. Here it is:

• Like 1