CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

9 hours ago, 6th Street said:

The Daily Beast (@thedailybeast) Tweeted:
Liberty University, which partly reopened its campus amid the coronavirus pandemic, confirmed they now have almost a dozen students sick with potential COVID-19 symptoms https://t.co/X3RmC2zpJd

Common sense is now deep state, trying to f'k over Liberty University for supporting the Trump admin.  And, the deep state parents will most likely sue Liberty University into bankruptcy. 

Edited by Mdhorn

9 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Then these reporters should stop only quoting his words - play a fucking recording of his words right in his face.

Better yet, queue the gotdamn video up on an iPad and make him watch.

Y’all have figured out how to do the news from your basements during this mess - hauling in an iPad or iPhone to these briefings shouldn’t be a eureka idea from some rando Alabama woman on the internet.

View image on Twitter

Per Cactus Flint's post, you can't just play a recording back because of this.  

Edited by Mdhorn
  • Like 1

Just coming back over to say TESTING, TESTINGTESTING!!!!!

1) Simply because it will allow more people to feel safe to throw themselves into the front line healthcare breaches and know they will not contract, NOR infect.

2) an instant pool of people that could be used to help the elderly and not infect them (still have to use super sanitary techniques to prevent any cross contamination on transferred materials.

3) immune workers could help in manufacturing of critical healthcare materials without worry about infection or infecting others.

4) only way to spark the economy, when folks know they are immune, the US economic engine can again be turned on.

https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-germany-covid-19-immunity-certificates-testing-social-distancing-lockdown-2020-3

Eventually we are all going to be carry around some sort of certification card regarding our test/ immunity status.  That's about the time we start getting back to normal.  Unfortunately since I and Lots of people are talking about" this concept, I expect the Trump administration to plan for something like this.... in perhaps two or three weeks.  So maybe testing in mid-July.

Edited by horn4life

24 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

This is just sensible government because there's no better time than now to contaminate some water sources. And it's also fun to fuck with the snowflakes who dislike toxic soil and water. Alphas drink straight from hog lagoons. 

Edited by Chooky
  • Like 1

The malaria drug / Zpac combo appears to work, tons of evidence that 90% of the time it cures this shit within 5 days.  That combined with massive testing (both of infection and antibody) seems like it should obviously be the focus that I’m totally puzzled as to why it isn’t accepted by all.  If we can cure this deal 90% of the time within 5 days, this becomes no biggie real quick and everything is completely back to normal everywhere by Memorial Day (assuming we can make enough of the drugs and tests).

20 minutes ago, horn4life said:

Just coming back over to say TESTING, TESTINGTESTING!!!!!

1) Simply because it will allow more people to feel safe to throw themselves into the front line healthcare breaches and know they will not contract, NOR infect.

2) an instant pool of people that could be used to help the elderly and not infect them (still have to use super sanitary techniques to prevent any cross contamination on transferred materials.

3) immune workers could help in manufacturing of critical healthcare materials without worry about infection or infecting others.

4) only way to spark the economy, when folks know they are immune, the US economic engine can again be turned on.

https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-germany-covid-19-immunity-certificates-testing-social-distancing-lockdown-2020-3

Eventually we are all going to be carry around some sort of certification card regarding our test/ immunity status.  That's about the time we start getting back to normal.  Unfortunately since I and Lots of people are talking about" this concept, I expect the Trump administration to plan for something like this.... in perhaps two or three weeks.  So maybe testing in mid-July.

And that's not even the testing we are talking about right now.  

There is testing to confirm the presence of the virus. That determines who are currently infected with the virus.  It does not confirm who has been infected and built an immunity.  It's still probably the higher priority, as we need to understand the size of the problem, try to isolate workers in "essential" services from infecting other essential workers, and to get treatment (assuming it was available) to patients as early as practical. 

And then there is the testing to search for antibodies that our system created to fight the virus.  As noted, this is critical for finding those with some level of immunity to work in essential work.  But, in the US, it's not even on the radar yet.  It should also be noted that while there are indications that folks who have recovered are immune from developing the disease or even being a carrier, they are not conclusive yet.  It's possible that acquired immunity may be short term, which would be fucking terrible.  

Saw this posted in another forum.  I did not double check the author's work:

So what was actually in the "stimulus" bill?

$7,500,000 to the Smithsonian for additional salaries
$35,000,000 to the JFK Center for performing Arts
$25,000,000 for additional salary House of Representatives
$3,000,000,000 upgrade to the IT department at the VA
$315,000,000 for State Department Diplomatic Programs
$95,000,000 for the Agency of International Development
$300,000,000 for International Disaster Assistance
$300,000,000 for Migrant and Refugee Assistance
$90,000,000 for the Peace Corp
$13,000,000 to Howard University
9,000,000 Misc Senate Expenses
$100,000,000 to Essential Air carriers
$40,000,000,000 Responsibility to Workers
$1,000,000,000 Airlines Recycle and Save Program
$25,000,000 to the FAA for administrative costs
$492,000,000 to National Railroad Corporation
$25,000,000,000 for Transit Infrastructure
$3,000,000 Maritime Administration
$5,000,000 Inspector General
$2,500,000 Public and Indian Housing
$5,000,000 Community Planning and Development
$1,500,000,000 Tenant-Based Rental Assistance
$720,000,000 to the public housing fund
$100,000,000 For Native Americans
$250,000,000 for Housing Block Grants for Tribes
$130,000,000 for AIDS Housing
$20,000,000 of which goes to one time grantees
$15,000,000,000 Community Development Fund
$5,000,000,000 in Homeless Assistance
$100,000,000,000 for Rental Assistance
$7,000,000 enforce the Fair Housing Act
$227,000,000 for grants to States for youth 2 activities
$261,000,000 for grants to States for dislocated worker
$10,000,000 for Migrant and Seasonal Farm workers
$100,000,000 for Job Corps
$15,000,000 for Program Administration
$6,500,000, to the Wage and Hour Division
$30,000,000, to OSHA
$10,000,000 for Susan Harwood training grants
$1,300,000,000, for Primary Health Care
$75,000,000, for Student Aid Administration
$9,500,000,000, for Higher Education

The stimulus bill offers $1,200 for taxpayers making less than $75K.  House Reps make $175K and apparently gave themselves >$50K each. 

4 minutes ago, bernorange said:

The stimulus bill offers $1,200 for taxpayers making less than $75K.  House Reps make $175K and apparently gave themselves >$50K each. 

You have to double check to see if internet posting that indicated the House of Reps passed a $57k raise for themselves is credible?

Fucking learn to vet a source before reposting it.  It seems pretty obvious to me that it's bullshit.   

Edited by Tuco
  • Like 1

And I know the Kennedy Center money has been explained here before but here it is again -the money isn’t for some new drapes and lighting, it’s for their already laid off workers.

This is a federal agency that is funded by a mixture of appropriations and ticket revenues. They've had to cancel all their performances, so they have no revenue and have already laid off nearly 800 people. If they don't get a cash infusion, they will become insolvent and could be unable to reopen," the aide said.

TKC isn’t some fancy private club - it’s a federally funded institution who employees A LOT of working class folks.

I haven’t looked up the others in your list - finally working from home today, so I’ll have the time - but I’m gonna go out on a limb and assume the Smithsonian money is the same.

Most of these types of national institutions are completely federally funded, including their payroll.

I have no issue with funds being allocated to The Kennedy Center and the like to help them keep paying their employees salaries and benefits.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Liberty University isn't going anywhere, Presibential Library out front shoulda told ya. Trump will probably amend the Constutution to shield Liberty from any lawsuits originating from Deep State actors.

And 99% of parents who send their kids there are of the same mind and would never sue savior falwell. He could just declare it sinful to question dear leader, citing some bible verse about ceasar, and all will be fine. There will be no shortage of chumps to take the spots of the dead students.

3 minutes ago, 'stache said:

And 99% of parents who send their kids there are of the same mind and would never sue savior falwell. He could just declare it sinful to question dear leader, citing some bible verse about ceasar, and all will be fine. There will be no shortage of chumps to take the spots of the dead students.

I think it would be more likely the employees.  You get some faculty in their 60s who croak, and their families will (and should) sue the fuck out of the University.  You get others who get sick, and they need their medical covered. 

• Like 1

You weren't alone, Larry!  He's a Republican, too.

There are certain aspects to our governor that I do not approve of, but he has always been opposed to Trump’s Idiocy.

Hell, he was considering a primary run as late as last year, but the GOP shut it down.

The malaria drug / Zpac combo appears to work, tons of evidence that 90% of the time it cures this shit within 5 days.  That combined with massive testing (both of infection and antibody) seems like it should obviously be the focus that I’m totally puzzled as to why it isn’t accepted by all.  If we can cure this deal 90% of the time within 5 days, this becomes no biggie real quick and everything is completely back to normal everywhere by Memorial Day (assuming we can make enough of the drugs and tests).

Username checks out. Have any essential oils for sale?
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Either provide a link to the "tons of evidence" or shut the fuck up troll

Seriously.  It's been discussed in fairly good detail on this thread, the DT thread, the medical thread, etc. I know it's kinda splattered about, and those threads move fast, and unless you are **//~always online~\\** (did I do that right?) you might miss the discussions, but come on. It's literally everywhere. 

34 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

The malaria drug / Zpac combo appears to work, tons of evidence that 90% of the time it cures this shit within 5 days.  That combined with massive testing (both of infection and antibody) seems like it should obviously be the focus that I’m totally puzzled as to why it isn’t accepted by all.

Unless you have new studies to support your claim that the combo of chloroquine and Zithromax is a cure, the reason that claim is not accepted by all is that the study on which the claim is based was seriously flawed.

• Like 5

Trump stopped using "Chinese virus" about a week ago. We know it's not because he understood the harm. He almost certainly has some Chinese investors who told him to shut the fuck up already with that shit, which he of course did since he owes money all over the place including the Chinese most likely.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Anyone doubt that guy believes both that murdering three Asian-Americans was necessary to save the US from certain coronavirus death and that The coronavirus is just a Democratic flu hoax and we’ll all be fine?

7 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Trump stopped using "Chinese virus" about a week ago. We know it's not because he understood the harm. He almost certainly has some Chinese investors who told him to shut the fuck up already with that shit, which he of course did since he owes money all over the place including the Chinese most likely.

He did have a phone call work Xi around the time he changed his wording. Probably threatened to pull Ivanka's licences. 

Edited by Mo Horn

5 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

Unless you have new studies to support your claim that the combo of chloroquine and Zithromax is a cure, the reason that claim is not accepted by all is that the study on which the claim is based was seriously flawed.

There is a second study out from the same group.  It has some of the same flaws and lacks a control group or randomization, but a larger sample size.  It's linked in the medical thread. 

New data should come out of NY this week.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

It’s still all pretty anecdotal, but not only has the French govt fully embraced it as an effective treatment (in the last 48 hrs), but there are several stories out of NY from doctors saying they have used it with tremendous success.

1 minute ago, Snake Diggity said:

It’s still all pretty anecdotal, but not only has the French govt fully embraced it as an effective treatment (in the last 48 hrs), but there are several stories out of NY from doctors saying they have used it with tremendous success.

This is about as sketchy a justification as one could imagine.  Even when fast-tracking a drug for a new application, it is vitally important that science drives the conclusions, not anecdote.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Either provide a link to the "tons of evidence" or shut the fuck up troll

Fuck you.  You can go back and look at my previous posts, I am no troll and I fucking hate Donald Trump with the fury of 1000 suns.  I was just noting the amount of stories piling up that the shit actually works.  You guys are fucking animals.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

That which is asserted without evidence may be dismissed without evidence. Put up or shut up. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

So the thing is: the vast majority of those who get this virus will recover with “tremendous success” without any treatment at all. That’s why a proper scientific study, with a control group, is needed to determine whether this is anything more than a placebo.

Edited by BrickHorn
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, bernorange said:

Well, for one thing, Congress can't give itself a raise that would be effective until the next Congress convenes in January 2021.  See U.S. Const. amend XXVII.

6 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

Fuck you.  You can go back and look at my previous posts, I am no troll and I fucking hate Donald Trump with the fury of 1000 suns.  I was just noting the amount of stories piling up that the shit actually works.  You guys are fucking animals.

Everyone needs to take a deep breath.  2+ weeks of isolation is starting to have a Jack Torrance effect on us.

If chloroquine and Zithromax proves to actually be clinically effective, we’ll all be thrilled.  The concern is that people are desperate for a cure and jumping to hasty conclusions based on poor science.  That’s dangerous.  If it turns out this particular cocktail isn’t effective and we all went back to normal, tens of thousands of people would die.  So we have to be careful and scientific about this.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

Everyone needs to take a deep breath.  2+ weeks of isolation is starting to have a Jack Torrance effect on us.

If chloroquine and Zithromax proves to actually be clinically effective, we’ll all be thrilled.  The concern is that people are desperate for a cure and jumping to hasty conclusions based on poor science.  That’s dangerous.  If it turns out this particular cocktail isn’t effective and we all went back to normal, tens of thousands of people would die.  So we have to be careful and scientific about this.

The worst thing about today’s society is that everyone seems to have completely rejected nuance.  I wasn’t advocating immediately eliminating distancing or instantly prescribing it across the board.  I was just pointing out what looks like a positive development.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

Listen man, that entirely depends on the animal.  Are you telling me you've considered the sublime erotic beauty of a gazelle? Sure, they're tough to catch, but that's why we invented dart guns.   

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

The ensuing class action lawsuit will be the end of that "university."

They will just mutate into another fake school.   One of the problems is is that some of the christian charter schools and especially the home schooling ones aren't achieving the standards set by public institutions, so these parents need somewhere to send these kids to continue their sham education.