CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

Rural hospital that was forced to close by economics has equipment seized by County.

Montague Co. officials seize ventilators, medical items from Central Hospital of Bowie

FTR, this hospital has been in economic trouble for 20 years and gone through several owners. Right now there is 1 hospital in Montague county and they just built a fancy new entrance.

2 hours ago, workswithseed said:

I mean it does if you're going to say how things look in a different country entirely.

No different than showing what a regular day at BFBama trailer park looks and call it New York.

BFBama trailer park being compared Oklahoma trailer park would probably be a better analogy. My point being is that in a few weeks the guy's attempted point is not going to mean shit. He is saying media is trying to make things worse than they really are and in two to three weeks the media will not be needed to make the point if projections hold true.

https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections

2 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

I guess I'm having trouble seeing the issue here if a small town wants to be stupid.  Isn't this just Darwin?

I'm more worried about them coming to the cities and spreading it around and starting a brand new round of quarantines because they couldn't be bothered to slow their roll like the rest of us.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

For those of us not watching, what did Acosta ask him?

you know those quotes from about a month ago of trump downplaying COVID? jim just read them aloud, and was asking him to rationalize that. basically that political ad, read aloud to trump's face. got to give acosta credit for going for it.

• Like 4

Just now, SameSame said:

And again he cannot handle a question from a woman.  Especially a woman of color.

Wow.  He just cannot fucking handle it.

What a mentally ill fucking child.

FTR, it was the same woman.

2 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

i was putting the clothes in the dryer.  what did yamiche ask?

michael keaton GIF by Maudit

how come our testing capacity does not match up to south korea's?

i honestly think he cannot give her a real answer to that, because i honestly think he doesn't understand the concept of "per capita."

Edited by hayden_horn
  • Like 1

Just now, henrygandorf said:

i was putting the clothes in the dryer.  what did yamiche ask?

michael keaton GIF by Maudit

She wanted him to comment on the fact that our per capita testing is so much lower than South Korea's.

He didn't like that so he insulted her then turned tail and ran.

The president of the United States is a thin-skinned cunt.