CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

1 minute ago, RomaVicta said:

Yes, let's condemn the Biden Administration before it even starts.

Whether or not he "wants" to go after profiteers, government institutions will move back towards traditional function. Federal, state, and local prosecutors will make prosecutorial decisions according to the law instead of loyalty to Fearless Leader Who Leads So Well That We Salute Him Always.

If Biden is elected we should enjoy one of the rare moments in life when you can be almost absolutely sure that something will actually get better. Don't piss away that brief moment of light in the darkness.

There'll still be the Trumpists and all the other shit, but Biden will necessarily be an improvement. Period.

Now you've done it.  

10 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

if worldometers is to be believed, michigan spiked today and passed california for 3rd in total cases.

It did. JHU also reported that.

edit --I messed up. It was fatalities. very sad situation.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
Clarification

42 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Whether or not he "wants" to go after profiteers, government institutions will move back towards traditional function. Federal, state, and local prosecutors will make prosecutorial decisions according to the law instead of loyalty to Fearless Leader Who Leads So Well That We Salute Him Always.

If Biden is elected we should enjoy one of the rare moments in life when you can be almost absolutely sure that something will actually get better. Don't piss away that brief moment of light in the darkness.

There'll still be the Trumpists and all the other shit, but Biden will necessarily be an improvement. Period.

He will certainly bring a better demeanor and compile a much more competent staff but the guy talks like he just had a stroke. If he manages the country better it will be because his staff behind him is running things better while we turn the Oval Office into a working hospice. The guy cannot form three straight sentences in a row without slurring all over himself. That’s also a statement about Trump that a man that obviously has some sort of serious neurological condition is more competent to lead our country. 

Edited by Newy25

2 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Why the fuck does he lead off the Coronovirus briefing talking about some counter narcotics operation. Nobody fucking cares you orange shitbag.

Has tiger king taught you nothing?   You must feed 'em the red meat.  Some of it is expired but them's the breaks. 

Edited by ChiTownDoc
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

He will certainly bring a better demeanor and compile a much more competent staff but the guy talks like he just had a stroke. If he manages the country better it will be because his staff behind him is running things better while we turn the Oval Office into a working hospice. The guy cannot form three straight sentences in a row without slurring all over himself. 

I see this kind of statement often, and I wonder -- have you actually heard the man engage in conversation?  Because when I do, his language is nothing like what you describe.  Not even remotely close.

It's almost as if you're a Trump supporter, or maybe a Berner, trying to plant false information to sow discord, because for the life of me the vast majority of the time I've seen Joe Biden talk, he's perfectly lucid.

Odd.  Crazy, even.

Fuck you.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

Absolutely nothing will happen to profiteers or even the industries that enabled them. Democratic Primary voters have made sure of that.

Nurse quits because she was told she couldn't wear her own N95 mask while her co-workers had no masks at all.

Thank god for lean management and JTI supply chains!!!!!!!!!!!

The +rep was for the content.

But should back off that Bernie Bro drug you're freebasing.  It's affecting your judgment.

6 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Has tiger king taught you nothing?   You must feed 'em the red meat.  Some of it is expired but them's the breaks. 

I'm guessing they don't have a lot of good news to relay regarding the coronavirus if they decide to spend the first 30 minutes thanking President Shitbag for his decisive leadership on our war on drugs. 

Coronavirus is bad, but we are going to focus a lot of our attention on the drug war, we are going to pick up where Nancy Reagan left off, we are going to win it this time, 40 years later. 

What a fucking joke. How about start by taking down some of pharma companies that are the #1 drug dealers in the world. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I see this kind of statement often, and I wonder -- have you actually heard the man engage in conversation?  Because when I do, his language is nothing like what you describe.  Not even remotely close.

It's almost as if you're a Trump supporter, or maybe a Berner, trying to plant false information to sow discord, because for the life of me the vast majority of the time I've seen Joe Biden talk, he's perfectly lucid.

Odd.  Crazy, even.

Fuck you.

Is this a joke? You really have not seen recent video or interviews of the man struggling to compile words? 

2 minutes ago, Blotto said:

I'm guessing they don't have a lot of good news to relay regarding the coronavirus if they decide to spend the first 30 minutes thanking President Shitbag for his decisive leadership on our war on drugs. 

to be fair, it's much harder to get good drugs right now.

If a reporter doesn't ask why the wall is so important when Barr just said the majority of drugs are coming to the country via sea routes, they fucking suck.  

I guess Operation BAT is no longer a thing?  The Army and coast guard used to work with the DEA and the Bahamians to operate a dragnet through most of the Caribbean.  This isn't remotely a new problem, they stopped island hopping and started doing midwater hand-offs when GPS became a thing.  No fucking reason to stand this up right now, and the bulk of the Naval ships involved arent remotely equipped to deal with the cigarette boats that typically run stuff through there.  You need green water equipment, not blue water.  

17 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

If he manages the country better it will be because his staff behind him is running things better

Um, I wasn't under the impression that the President typed up all the letters, made all the proposals and communicated policy all the way down the line to the IRS clerk or corporal in the Army. All administrations succeed or fail based on the team around the president. You do not describe a marginal difference. You describe a difference of great magnitude from the crookocracy we have surrounding the current Crook in Chief.

Your post reads like some on the football board when things are getting better for the team. "Yea, I'm not fooled."

You're entitled to your perspective, of course. At least, you will be under someone not putting us on the path to fascism.

• Like 4

I didn't even mention Bernie Sanders. You guys have mental problems.

I think it's pretty clear that either Sanders or Warren would fight against the corporate influence in government that allowed this awful system we have that is killing people. And I think it's also clear that Biden will not. In fact, I bet almost none of you disagree with me on this.

It's pretty funny to see you guys doing the exact same thing as the Daily Texan posters. You only want political chat when it's yelling at Republicans. They only want political chat when it's yelling at Democrats.

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

Whether or not he "wants" to go after profiteers, government institutions will move back towards traditional function.

Sure, but that's not what I was talking about.

I said: "Absolutely nothing will happen to profiteers or even the industries that enabled them. Democratic Primary voters have made sure of that."

And I'm right.

Joe Biden will not pursue profiteers or the industries that enabled them. You're correct about a return to "traditional function", which will be to strip everything they can to the bone for private equity profits.

You can like that, I guess, but it's true.

Are we supposed to pretend like it's not?

• Like 1

Just now, Doc Sam Beckett said:

You just saw corporations get a massive tax cut, spend it to buy back stock, and now need to be bailed out. Does anyone here trust the private sector right now? 

No, I'm not fine with that. I don't think government should lend money to corporations.

Just now, workswithseed said:

I'm gonna guess he'll have a team of health experts. The only thing is he chooses them.

He's already done that, right? He's been president 3+ years. How much change have you seen in the public healthcare system as a result of Donald Trump's leadership?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

Does anyone on here trust the government right now? 

No, but because GOP, Manafort, Stone, Rove, Cheney, Fox, Big Business, etc have twisted government into a JUST functioning  government body that bleeds into the right pockets just enough. But it's made us weak to the point that the orange cancer has gotten into the mix, caused by Russian plutonium. 

Anybody is better than what we have and we should fully support whoever challenges his wanna-be dictatorship. 

21 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

I just don't see how anyone can see this all happening and think "the govt should run healthcare."

What you are overlooking is that not all healthcare is "US quality."  I'm pretty sure most European countries a happy enough with their health care.  

BTW, can you guess how many Scandinavian countries are agitating to switch to the "American System of Healthcare?"  Make a guess.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Continental Op said:

Trump is horrible so all government must be horrible!  Good grief.. Fuck off back to farmersonly.com you stupid hayseed cunt.

This is a little bit nicer way to put it (and by nicer I mean "less cuss words but 10x the amount of condescension"):

There is, for example a practically very important difference between (we have no English term for them) esprits simplisticminds who habitually tend to assume that simple solutions can be found for the problems they deal with —and this habitually sensible of the general complexity of things, or, in the extreme case, the Hamlet-like natures who are oppressed and terrified by the multiplicity of considerations probably pertinent to any situation with which they are confronted, an the probably intricacy of the interrelations.

Edited by Bullneck