CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

2 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Alabama Reverend right now - “This is like a sci-if movie! The “Twilight Zone!”. But it’s real! And only God can push the pause button!”

WHAT THE FUCK

Spoiler: God won't be pushing any pause button. 

• Like 4

More wisdom from the preacher -

“The Lord is telling us to stay home! The Lord is telling us to stay six feet away from each other! The Lord is telling us to wash our hands! So obey the Lord and stay home and be still!”.

Yeah, ignore the doctors and scientists - listen to the Lord!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bama Chick said:

“The Lord is telling us to stay home! The Lord is telling us to stay six feet away from each other! The Lord is telling us to wash our hands! So obey the Lord and stay home and be still!”.

I’ll take whatever gets the job done at this point.  At least he’s not telling them to show up at church on Sunday.

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Alabama just announced a statewide shelter in place order.

Press conference happening right now and in pure Alabama fashion after the governor and attorney general spoke, Governor MeeMaw is having a reverend speak.

Motherfucker giving a sermon during a government press conference.

So on brand.

If I were the cynical sort -- and by gawd I am now -- I'd say someone figured out that might be the only way to get a lot of those dumb motherfuckers to listen.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

This is why organized religion is a necessary evil. You need something to control the ignorant masses. And yes at this point, whatever it takes to get folks to comply with a stay at home order. Maybe can send that Reverend up to DC and then Trump will decree a national stay at home order.

This motherfucker is going to get more people killed. His word salad is impossible to understand. The CDC recommends wearing masks, it's voluntary, I don't think I'm going to do it, it's voluntary, but you can, people are recommending a cloth masks, I'm not going to wear one, but many people are saying cloth, voluntary, you don't have to do it, I'm not.

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

So long, old man. How much money do I inherit?

No way he said so long, old man. He can't even fake it. 

More like "some people are saying...a man came up to me at my father's funeral and tells me, sir, it is great to have you leading the family business now.  Finally, we are making this family great again.  Your dad left the cupboards bare.  I hear he was even born in Germany.  Its just tremendous to have you as our leader now.  I didn't say these things, but people.. some people are saying them. "

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, trauma babe said:

Quick update to my posts from a few days ago, based on info that is current as of this morning after my most recent shift. We are not yet taking in positive COVID-19 cases (just having to rule people out), but your Austin critical care nurses are already being asked to reuse paper gowns. Paper gowns. Are they "water resistant" paper? Sure. But they are designed to be ripped off of the body and be disposed of cleanly after one use.

So we've got that going for us. 

I am so sorry to hear that. Have they explained if this is temporary, not that it would ever be a good idea? Did they provide explanation at all?

since i only see bits and pieces now (thanks cnn), how has trump rationalized no nation-wide stay-at-home order?

last i heard was something like, "well, you know, some states, some areas, they don't have it as bad, they don't have it at all, if you look at alaska, you know, they don't have thousands of cases there."

ok, can we just come to terms that there are 48 connected states and there should be a universal order?  doesn't trump understand that by letting states decide, he's setting himself up for more blame from his red-state governors, and risk possibly losing those states over the confrontation?

scratch that, we're good.  i like this scenario.

Press conference closing with the preacher asking us to bow our heads and pray.

“Red, yellow, black, and white! We’re all precious in his sight!”

He just asked God to touch us all - that’s not good social distancing, Rev.

“In Jesus name we pray, amen! And stay home!”

2 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

As a man of brown skin, I'm not sure whether to be offended or grateful that I was not included. Probably should be grateful.

3 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

since i only see bits and pieces now (thanks cnn), how has trump rationalized no nation-wide stay-at-home order?

last i heard was something like, "well, you know, some states, some areas, they don't have it as bad, they don't have it at all, if you look at alaska, you know, they don't have thousands of cases there."

ok, can we just come to terms that there are 48 connected states and there should be a universal order?  doesn't trump understand that by letting states decide, he's setting himself up for more blame from his red-state governors, and risk possibly losing those states over the confrontation?

https://www.c-span.org/video/?470928-1/president-trump-holds-coronavirus-briefing&live

if you need your fix

3 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

How does Governor MeeMaw view the SiP? Hardline or are churches, etc exempt?

7 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I am so sorry to hear that. Have they explained if this is temporary, not that it would ever be a good idea? Did they provide explanation at all?

Lots of manager/administrator-speak about "making every possible effort" and all of that kind of shit. I was half asleep when I was being told all of this, so I can't remember all of the specifics, but our N95 usage is equally scary as our reusing gowns, if not moreso. 

1 minute ago, trauma babe said:

Lots of manager/administrator-speak about "making every possible effort" and all of that kind of shit. I was half asleep when I was being told all of this, so I can't remember all of the specifics, but our N95 usage is equally scary as our reusing gowns, if not moreso. 

Administrators need to step up and serve.

Trump on masks again:

"Great resolute desk." "No mask when I'm behind that desk."

Just now, Mrs Whiggins said:

Administrators need to step up and serve.

Trump on masks again:

"Great resolute desk." "No mask when I'm behind that desk."

that was incredible. "i don't think presidents, prime ministers (slight pause) dictators well wear masks. couldn't help but also list dictators. jesus.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

Trump: I leave it up to the governors, they are not all in the same place with respect to the virus.