CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

3 minutes ago, RPM said:

Blame people from 3 years ago for this. I'm not responsible for not acting 5 months ago.

Exactly.  All the way up to one week ago Thursday, it was Trump Easter sugar plum tales.  The press is just getting rolled on this point, repeatedly.  Even a blip of acceptance and response beginning in Feb and early March still makes a huge difference compared to where we are headed today.

Governor MeeMaw used the big gun in her attempt to try and get the idiots to stay home.

Gov. Kay Ivey says that the state must take this "deadly seriously."

"If you're eager for a fall football season coming up, what we're doing today gives us a better chance of being able to do that as well," she says.

5 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Governor MeeMaw used the big gun in her attempt to try and get the idiots to stay home.

I seriously always thought that is the best strategy. Have football coaches make a national PSA letting folks know if they don’t stay home, there will be no football this year.

either that or pray your and my governors grow a pair. Yours did.

2 minutes ago, TornACL said:

Are 1+ hour daily briefings really the best use of anyone's time? 

No, but if people can watch Fox all day, I can watch a little of "As The World Burns"

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

Get him to admit he ordered the Code Red.

Two reporters doing the Jared quotes, and the the third swooping in with a quick ask regarding Khashoggi and who knows what will happen.

1 minute ago, UDontKnow said:

Don't like Dr. Birx covering up for the administration. She's essentially telling the public to stop asking questions about our nation's unpreparedness.

I respect her expertise, but I agree. The more she has been speaking lately, the more concerns about that I have.

Every one of these news conferences should ask him who dismantled the Pandemic Response Team...EVERY FUCKING ONE OF THEM.  He can fold and blame someone on his team but he needs to be asked over and over.  When he states who it was...if he throws someone under the bus (pence) he needs to be asked why that person wasn't let go.  Or at least throw some shoes at his fat orange head. 

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Don't like Dr. Birx covering up for the administration. She's essentially telling the public to stop asking questions about our nation's unpreparedness.

Yea, she has been compromised since the whole “trump is really good at analyzing the data” shit she put out during a presser. 

2 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

I have not understood the pass she gets.  All these dummies are yes people...Fauci does his best, but if he was actually good and forceful as he should be...he would be fired.  I'll give him a pass but Birx and this pathetic ass surgeon general along with Verma are the type of dummies you typically see in cush govt gigs.  

• Like 1

my favorite part of this whole thing is that with the white house press room's new social-distancing guidelines, they can only allow like 12 reporters in there at a time on a rotating basis.  so if he wants to do these "til-they-drop" press briefings/rallies, he's forced to keep calling on the jim acosta's of the world.  there are a few in there that give him grief, and when several are in there at a time, he's in trouble.  if only yamiche was in there today.

This fucking mask thing is such an easy question and hes just continuously bombing it.

The mask is for your protection, wearing it under the assumption that I have it because I've not been tested since I show no symptoms. As President I've been tested and will continue to be tested so I don't need to wear a mask to protect someone.

1 minute ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I have not understood the pass she gets.  All these dummies are yes people...Fauci does his best, but if he was actually good and forceful as he should be...he would be fired.  I'll give him a pass but Birx and this pathetic ass surgeon general along with Verma are the type of dummies you typically see in cush govt gigs.  

I admit I was hard on Fauci initially. And it appears that he reached his breaking point with the bullshit and began behaving like a physician should be. Birx gets a pass because of previous achievements with HIV, but she is definitely past her prime and in over her head. Jerome Adams, Surgeon General, is allegedly an anesthesiologist and I am wondering how he got through medical school, much less residency (Anesthesiology residency is no fucking joke!). And Seema Verma, wannabe physician, dunno how she's married to a child psychiatrist, because all she does is try to stick it to the physicians.