CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

23 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Every one of these news conferences should ask him who dismantled the Pandemic Response Team...EVERY FUCKING ONE OF THEM.  He can fold and blame someone on his team but he needs to be asked over and over.  When he states who it was...if he throws someone under the bus (pence) he needs to be asked why that person wasn't let go.  Or at least throw some shoes at his fat orange head. 

Technically, it was Bolton.

I'm not sure even Trump is stupid enough to admit the teams were gutted just to slay Bolton, though.

• Like 1

So the new playbook is anytime the task force issues new guidance that Trump is either going to downplay or not follow, Fauci can’t be out there. Can’t have someone that is going to respond negatively for the cameras or answer honestly that the president is wrong. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

I admit I was hard on Fauci initially. And it appears that he reached his breaking point with the bullshit and began behaving like a physician should be. Birx gets a pass because of previous achievements with HIV, but she is definitely past her prime and in over her head. Jerome Adams, Surgeon General, is allegedly an anesthesiologist and I am wondering how he got through medical school, much less residency (Anesthesiology residency is no fucking joke!). And Seema Verma, wannabe physician, dunno how she's married to a child psychiatrist, because all she does is try to stick it to the physicians.

Because child psychiatrists don't get paid by CMS.

• Like 1

I seriously always thought that is the best strategy. Have football coaches make a national PSA letting folks know if they don’t stay home, there will be no football this year.

either that or pray your and my governors grow a pair. Yours did.

Listen, when all the behind the scenes books and docuseries are released in the future, I will not at all be shocked to discover Governor MeeMaw got a call on the red telephone from Nick Saban telling her if she doesn’t get her ass in gear then he plans to announce Alabama won’t be playing football and it’s all her fault.

If there’s one person in this state that scares politicians more than Donald Trump, it’s Nick Saban.
  • Like 5

48 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Be interesting to see how Team GOP goes with this.

If they're smart, they run with it and leave the Dems holding the bag.

But they aren't smart, and neither are the Dems, so both will spend the next year squabbling over who loves private insurers more.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Michael Knight said:

the 2 most only competent people in this task force were appointed by previous presidents

FIFY.

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

I hope he doesn't wear a mask.

And I hope he gets it.

And I hope he dies.

And I hope he dies from suffocation, with a malfunctioning ventilator.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RPM said:

Gotta admit, Voter ID wasn't on my bingo card.

Wasn't on mine either. Since he is having these every day, it may require multiple cards. I didn't have models either, though. If he is holding one tomorrow, I may add Space Force. It's been flying under the radar.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Olds, kushner, people opposed politically. It's a slope I guess. 

When did I want to beat up the olds?

I didn't want to hit the CenTex Klan. They were pathetic in their black hats and shirts behind the chain link fence down at the courthouse. 

I'll holler at the opposition. But, no more than they holler at me. 

I didn't destroy the norms. I don't have to abide by them if they don't. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

I've tried to avoid it, no matter how tempting. 

I still want to beat Kushner's ass though. 

I too try not to wish death on another one of God's creatures. It's a bad habit for a human. I'm not always successful though, especially with those who've shown themselves indifferent to or gleeful about the suffering of others. Ironic and hypocritical perhaps, but I become the avenging angel, the judge Judy and executioner. With Limbaugh, I take my gloves off and sleep just fine. 

Edited by Degenerate Gardner
  • Like 5

7 minutes ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

I too try not to wish death on another one of God's creatures. It's a bad habit for a human. I'm not always successful though, especially with those who've shown themselves indifferent to or gleeful about the suffering of others. Ironic and hypocritical perhaps, but I become the avenging angel, the judge Judy and executioner. With Limbaugh, I take my gloves off and sleep just fine. 

I don't think it's wrong to wish the worst outcome for those that put politics before survival. This is a science rules battle. 

• Like 1

In terms of self-righteous moralizing, refusing to wish death on someone no matter how evil they are is fine, I guess.  But it‘s really the least a sanctimonious prick could do.  Those of us who like to get really holier than thou wish Hitler was still alive and doing better than ever!

Edited by BrickHorn
  • Like 8