CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

5 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

In terms of self-righteous moralizing, refusing to wish death on someone no matter how evil they are is fine, I guess.  But it‘s really the least a sanctimonious prick could do.  Those of us who are really holier than thou wish Hitler was still alive and doing better than ever!

Hope that karma works out for you. 

1 minute ago, bolverk said:

I hear you, man, and I do my damnedest to push those kind of thoughts out of my head but here's the thing. You think that after all those years of being a really fucking shitty person, karma would've reward Trump with becoming the most powerful man on the planet?

Unless karma has something really special, and I mean some cruel, demented, twisted and evil shit waiting for him (in this life where we can all see so we can point and laugh) after all this, I'll refrain from actually believing in it.

Besides, in my 48 years of life, I've seen too many good people always try to do the right thing and end up getting screwed in the end. It might just be that god or the universe doesn't give a shit, and the only "justice" that's out there is created by man. Unfortunately, that's why we've got lawyers.

I guess what I'm saying is let the guy have his fantasy so long as he doesn't act on it.

damn you old man.  

11 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Anyone get an ID on the reporter who got Orange man fired up over the Kush quote?  

If you mean the young lady who asked the NASTY question, it was Weijja Jiang, a reporter for CBS News. Jim Acosta was the bloke who got shut down for asking about a variety of things including asking the whereabouts of Dr. Fauci.

Here is her update:

I have a real problem with the text changes. It is very grim when a regime does this regardless of party. The government exists to serve the people and this reflects a government that thinks not only otherwise but that the government is never wrong. Nothing new for the past three years, but this trend is going to take some serious correcting. I fear it will continue regardless of which party is in charge if this habit becomes institutionalized. It takes a Walter Shaub airtight code of ethics to keep people from looking the other way.

• Like 8

https://medium.com/@davepell/america-is-sick-39026cb0dfde

A coronavirus is devastating the United States, sweeping from the coasts inward, as it challenges our health workers, our government leaders, and our families.

But the virus didn’t break America.

The virus arrived at our shores to find an America already broken.

The cure for our broken nation is the same curative needed to face this evil virus: The truth.

The lies that the administration told us will cost lives, maybe only thousands, probably tens of thousands, possibly hundreds of thousands. And like the virus, we’ve seen seen the scourge of lies coming.

As a nation, we’ve accepted the lies and we’ve punished the truth.

The NY Times Nick Kristof has been tracking a trend in health care. While you’re on your balcony cheering for them, or howling their praises into the night, some health workers are being fired for telling the truth about a lack of personal protective equipment. In other words, they’re being fired for trying to save the lives of their fellow soldiers on the front line:

It’s baffling that the richest country in the history of the world fails so abysmally at protecting its health workers, especially when it had two months’ lead time. And for hospitals now to retaliate against health workers who try to protect themselves — ousting them just when they are most needed — is both unconscionable and idiotic.

Unconscionable? Yes. Idiotic? For sure. Surprising? Sadly, no.

Penalizing honesty and rewarding lies is the new American way.

According to Reuters, Captain Brett Crozier, whose letter likely saved hundreds, if not thousands, of sailors aboard his aircraft carrier is being relieved of duty.

So a Navy SEAL who was convicted of war crimes gets commended by the commander in chief, while a guy who saved lives aboard his ship is getting the boot. Pose next to a dead body, get celebrated. Keep bodies from getting dead, walk the plank.

We celebrate the villains and villainize those who tell it like it is.

Welcome to 2020 America:

If you lie a little, you get to keep your job. If you lie a lot, you get to be in charge. If you lie nonstop, you get to be president.

In the past month, we’ve seen acts of heroism, both large and small, most of which will go unnoticed. We should keep cheering those acts. We should be inspired by our friends and neighbors as they rise up and lock virtual arms to fight this beast.

But if America is to truly heal, we need to root out the virus that is rotting at the nation’s core. The brutal, demoralizing, and ultimately deadly, lies.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

Wishing death on people seems like a bad karmic move at this point, but I know that some of you guys are really in to it.  Hope that works out well for you. 

You don't think the world would be a better place if Trump dropped dead?  

17 minutes ago, bolverk said:

I hear you, man, and I do my damnedest to push those kind of thoughts out of my head but here's the thing. You think that after all those years of being a really fucking shitty person, karma would've reward Trump with becoming the most powerful man on the planet?

Unless karma has something really special, and I mean some cruel, demented, twisted and evil shit waiting for him (in this life where we can all see so we can point and laugh) after all this, I'll refrain from actually believing in it.

Besides, in my 48 years of life, I've seen too many good people always try to do the right thing and end up getting screwed in the end. It might just be that god or the universe doesn't give a shit, and the only "justice" that's out there is created by man. Unfortunately, that's why we've got lawyers.

I guess what I'm saying is let the guy have his fantasy so long as he doesn't act on it.

Agree with all of this. Too many shitty people thrive while many good people suffer, if Karma is really a thing it must be severely backlogged.

• Like 3

I've always liked CBS. They've had few slip up's and publicly admitted them when they did. Accountability, accuracy, truth. Rather is a prime example. He tried to massage the story and was canned.

Just now, Bullneck said:

You don't think the world would be a better place if Trump dropped dead?  

I think quite honestly that the world would be a better place if maybe 20-30% of the population dropped dead. Seems like mother nature running point on that.  I wish that she could focus her efforts in some ways. Maybe twitter and facebook, but push comes to shove a differential that favors politicians would be more than acceptable. 

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

I think quite honestly that the world would be a better place if maybe 20-30% of the population dropped dead. Seems like mother nature running point on that.  I wish that she could focus her efforts in some ways. Maybe twitter and facebook, but push comes to shove a differential that favors politicians would be more than acceptable. 

Whoa whoa whoa!  I just said I wished the president were dead and you're advocating for over a billion?  What about karma?

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I have a real problem with the text changes. It is very grim when a regime does this regardless of party. The government exists to serve the people and this reflects a government that thinks not only otherwise but that the government is never wrong.

This x100. This is straight up authoritarian behavior and should be a huge deal.

Governor MeeMaw used the big gun in her attempt to try and get the idiots to stay home.

Gov. Kay Ivey says that the state must take this "deadly seriously."

"If you're eager for a fall football season coming up, what we're doing today gives us a better chance of being able to do that as well," she says.

“No Roll Tide if you don’t stay inside!”
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

It’s extreme, but I think about 30% of our population is a cancer that will absolutely destroy our country if given the chance to metastasize.

The question is do you think it’s treatable with chemo or do you have to cut it out?

• Like 1

I’ve been involved in elections and mail in ballots are all about the fraud. In south Texas it runs $25 to $50 a vote. 100 votes can easily sway a small county election for county commissioner or county judge, big bucks are on the line

that fraud is 100% focused on local races. No one on the city / county / regional level gives a flying fuck who’s president but they give a damn who’s handing out all those $$$ for local projects. 

also, illegals don’t vote. Period 

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

It’s extreme, but I think about 30% of our population is a cancer that will absolutely destroy our country if given the chance to metastasize.

The question is do you think it’s treatable with chemo or do you have to cut it out?

To extend the chemo metaphor, we really need targeted treatment.  Like a next gen sequencing technique that selectively targets certain biomarkers for rank stupidity.  

14 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Shit, that's nothing. Climate change, Obamacare, there is a long list of stuff that has been changed on the websites. 

Yes, this wasn't new. CDC, the Archives, the trend is subtle and menacing. Seems innocuous, but actually it is not. Elder Bush wanted to send in people to grab patron's lists of books they had checked out and the librarians said, "Hell, no. What people read is none of your beeswax."

This is in a similar vein. 'What you've read or think you know, does not exist.; we never said that,' takes the accountability provided by balanced branches and tosses it aside. Pretty pathetic that  those men and women could vote for that back in February and not bat an eye.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

To extend the chemo metaphor, we really need targeted treatment.  Like a next gen sequencing technique that selectively targets certain biomarkers for rank stupidity.  

So we can haz target of pacific people & politicians? :D

40 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

What really goes through your head when you read about evangelical pastors that continue to ask their congregation to gather and pass the hat?

1 minute ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

What really goes through your head when you read about evangelical pastors that continue to ask their congregation to gather and pass the hat?

"What Christianity needs right now is more lions."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

“No Roll Tide if you don’t stay inside!”

I’m sending this to the appropriate Alabama authorities stat.

Can’t y’all see Saban standing in front of a Ford truck, holding a glass bottle of Coke in one hand, a bag of Golden Flake potato chips in the other and grimly stating that?
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, UDontKnow said:

If any of those 83 die, the blood is on the hands of the Galveston County Judge, the dishonorable Mark Henry: 

https://www.galvnews.com/news/free/article_ad561816-bc56-5bbf-8747-685318a1288d.html

https://abc13.com/6021155/

This is the only Mark Henry I pay homage to:

Mark Henry Longhorns GIF - MarkHenry Longhorns Texas - Discover ...

I watched that man eat at least 6 steaks and lobsters at sugar's back in the day. 

Easily the largest human I've ever seen in person.

• Like 1