CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

The incompetence of Trump on this continues to be depressingly breathtaking.  All the lives he’s passing up the opportunity to save is making this catastrophe feel like an open wound that gets the scab ripped off every day, at around 6PM.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

16 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The incompetence of Trump on this continues to be depressingly breathtaking.  All the lives he’s passing up the opportunity to save is making this catastrophe feel like an open wound that gets the scab ripped off every day, at around 6PM.

yeah, i only wish i could sleep til 6pm.

3 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Olds, kushner, people opposed politically. It's a slope I guess. 

totally agree. wishing death on someone because of politics is awful.

I only wish death on people with different world views and/or people who chew with their mouth open.

source.gif

• Like 2

So the whole thing w/respect to the stockpile and medical supplies? I never went back to watch the whole press conference after I stopped for dinner but my impression was that the questions were punted around the room by Trump and per his usual never answered. One story that I found interesting concerned Charlie Baker (the Republican governor of Massachusetts), Robert Kraft and a bunch of masks.

Massachusetts has watched its case counts climb and have been scrambling for supplies. They need masks but no masks are to be found. They finally find some overseas, the masks arrive and are seized by the Feds. Governor calls around to people, trying to scrounge up more masks since the others are now in the hands of the Feds. Even trying an end run covert style deal with China. Eventually the Patriots owner Kraft buys masks and flies them back to the States. It's convoluted and a little hard to follow, but I can't even figure out the mask trail or the money trail this particular episode is so messed up. So Jared? Trump? General idiocy? Someone making a bundle? Baker is a Republican so what's the story guys?

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
Spelling
  • Like 1

Oh, I forgot to add, during a press conference with Baker (MA governor) a spokesperson said they haven't received any ventilators from the Feds. The Feds had agreed to send them 1000. So now they're asking for 1400.

So now, they won't be receiving 1400 ventilators instead of 1000.

Thanks Florida!

2 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Oh, I forgot to add, during a press conference with Baker (MA governor) a spokesperson said they haven't received any ventilators from the Feds. The Feds had agreed to send them 1000. So now they're asking for 1400.

So now, they won't be receiving 1400 ventilators instead of 1000.

Thanks Florida!

In case you missed it, there was an ABC story yesterday about California asking for I-can't-remember-the-sum from the stockpile but only received 300. When they tried to fire them up, they didn't work.

46 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

You think Bolton did it without Trump's knowledge and approval? I doubt that. 

Well, I suspect Trump issued a target cost savings and Bolton executed.  There is no way Trump was briefed on either the details and certainly not the implications of Bolton's cuts.  He just doesn't care and doesn't have the mindset to absorb that kind of information.

Edited by jimmyjazz
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, NWBuck said:

Put the Vice President in charge of it and go with rectal scans.

While this would certainly ensure each and every vote is counted, it does leave us exposed to the possibility that some people will get to vote multiple times.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Blotto said:

While this would certainly ensure each and every vote is counted, it does leave us exposed to the possibility that some people will get to vote multiple times.

That's against the law. If someone sends in two ballots, or shows up at the polling place twice, we can charge them with a crime. That's why it rarely happens. 

4 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

The government exists to serve the people and this reflects a government that thinks not only otherwise but that the government is never wrong.

The current government exists to serve one Donald J Trump, as he sees fit. It is also here to praise him as much as possible. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

have you heard this isn't as serious as the flu ? in fact, the flu causes many more deaths without shutting down the entire economy. think about that

have you also heard, more people die in automobile accidents ? we don't shut down the highways !

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Wishing death on people seems like a bad karmic move at this point, but I know that some of you guys are really in to it.  Hope that works out well for you. 

I only wish death on people who suffer severe narcissistic personality disorder who are in charge of the most powerful country in history who can affect the lives of millions of people.

Edited by JimmyJames
  • Like 3

39 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

have you heard this isn't as serious as the flu ? in fact, the flu causes many more deaths without shutting down the entire economy. think about that

have you also heard, more people die in automobile accidents ? we don't shut down the highways !

We still need to try a good flu vaccine. Not just an average one, but a good one. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Had occasion to speak with a coworker today that I don’t often interact with. Asked him how he’s holding up, and got to hear about the flu being worse, way worse considering there’s already a vaccine and it still has killed more people THIS YEAR than Covid. Oh and no one under 70 is dying. I had already thought this guy was a dick but never had reason to believe he was also an idiot before. 

• Like 1

There's still people out there who think this is some New World Order conspiracy shit.  Like Karen:

Well, 19 days after making that post, Karen is no longer with us.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/khucq-help-the-sehlke-family?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=p_cp share-sheet&fbclid=IwAR0lvh6Vo2-gWwlwDP4PmGK1V_nZU00LhevEfVTmEe9jQJ6tL2jm-M255MY

Edited by Burt
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

For some perspective of how big the US totals are growing:  7,152 would rank as the 70th-highest crowd at Disch-Falk Field.  If we add the same number tomorrow as we added today, the total would rank as the 2nd-highest crowd ever at Disch-Falk, and we’re talking about having a to add a lot of temporary bleacher seating to get to that total.

Edited by TexLonghorn
  • Like 1

From the Karen post above, this is a standout paragraph.

"You don’t need hand sanitizer, toilet paper, and Lysol. You need common sense, a sense of direction, faith, a will to fight, and of course guns!"

That sums up a lot of what this country is dealing with.  A large portion of the population is simply anti-science.  No matter what some ole fancy schooling doctor or scientist tells them, they know better.  Thoughts and prayers.

• Like 4