CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

16 hours ago, UDontKnow said:

Nah. While it isn't helping his case, his administration's failure to continue funding of pandemic preparedness and response programs is arguably his biggest fuck up of all. At the end of the day, that falls squarely on him and his administration (not Obama, not anyone else) and people are slowly starting to figure it out, if they haven't already.

look, we just need Johnny Sack to come and tell us how really, Trump is doing an outstanding job handling this.  I’m sure he can lay it all out for us and clear up the misunderstanding. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Burt said:

There's still people out there who think this is some New World Order conspiracy shit.  Like Karen:

Well, 19 days after making that post, Karen is no longer with us.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/khucq-help-the-sehlke-family?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=p_cp share-sheet&fbclid=IwAR0lvh6Vo2-gWwlwDP4PmGK1V_nZU00LhevEfVTmEe9jQJ6tL2jm-M255MY

A Karen in the wild. With us no more. RIP.

The comments (in her account after she died) are very divisive. Even in tragedy, people are sticking with the team. @DigDug your comment about the anti-science is very apt. I've seen enough comments around the internet, in conservative forums, and in my community to know this is a thing and yet, we teach science in the schools. How is it that some portion of the population cannot reconcile the two? Is it the need to make order of our world and the helplessness we feel to randomness? Did Karen turn to science in the end when she was deathly ill?

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
Addition

5 hours ago, Burt said:

There's still people out there who think this is some New World Order conspiracy shit.  Like Karen:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/khucq-help-the-sehlke-family?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=p_cp share-sheet&fbclid=IwAR0lvh6Vo2-gWwlwDP4PmGK1V_nZU00LhevEfVTmEe9jQJ6tL2jm-M255MY

Ain’t that some shit

7 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Red, gold, and green...

red, gold, and green-een...

You know, I don't have anyone on ignore but I'm thinking about putting you on ignore.

You post way too often, and it's usually some weak bullshit.  You're FC Horn, right?

5 hours ago, SameSame said:

Again, do not forget that people like dead Karen are all following their heroes.

Lost some (all?) respect for Dr. Drew with his early pandemic comments. He completely went down the path that the flu is more dangerous regardless of what the experts were saying.   There’s nothing wrong with saying you don’t know.

6 hours ago, Burt said:

62,984,827 to go.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Well, I suspect Trump issued a target cost savings and Bolton executed.  There is no way Trump was briefed on either the details and certainly not the implications of Bolton's cuts.  He just doesn't care and doesn't have the mindset to absorb that kind of information.

There’s been wide speculation that outside of Haberman’s contacts (who are pretty clearly Javanka or a member is their circle), that most of the leaks were coming out of the NSC.  I think Bolton was tasked with cutting as much of the staff within the OEB and west wing as possible to eliminate the potential link.  Sort of a take off the whole arm to stop the infection approach.

14 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Lost some (all?) respect for Dr. Drew with his early pandemic comments. He completely went down the path that the flu is more dangerous regardless of what the experts were saying.   There’s nothing wrong with saying you don’t know.

Yeah, I heard him give an interview on a Monday or something.  He said it wasn't that big of a deal but we'd probably have 20K cases by that weekend and it would plateau.  He then said that by the next weekend, if we had 100K we were in real trouble.  We ended up at 150K by that point and Drew has been silent since.

Germany has reported more than 91,000 coronavirus infections and over 1,200 deaths. But thanks to widespread testing and other measures, its percentage of fatal cases — 1.3 percent — has been remarkably low.

By contrast, the rate is about 10 percent in Spain, France and Britain, 4 percent in China and 2.5 percent in the United States. Even South Korea, a model of flattening the curve, has a rate of 1.7 percent.

So why is Germany’s number so low? One reason, experts say, is that it has been administering around 350,000 coronavirus tests a week, far more than any other European country. That means it finds more infected people with few or no symptoms, which “lowers the death rate on paper,” said Hans-Georg Kräusslich, the head of virology at University Hospital in Heidelberg.

“Maybe our biggest strength in Germany,” said Professor Kräusslich, “is the rational decision-making at the highest level of government combined with the trust the government enjoys in the population.”

Edited by Bullneck
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Would Biden have really handled this much better than Trump? Joe barely knows what day it is half the time and I hate Trump with a passion.

And BTW, didn't you really mean to say "Crooked Hillary?"

• Haha 1

Painful how we just resign ourselves that the fed govt is just failing us one time after another. The complaints about the tests are dying down because we know the govt will never catch up. Not enough ventilators?  The feds unnecessarily waited too long to force more manufacturing. N95 masks could have been another priority a few weeks ago, and now we will play catch-up and hoarding for the upcoming months.

We all like to joke that govt never can do anything but that especially occurs when you have half the decision making posts unfilled and the other half are underqualified and afraid to make a decision that the top guy hasn’t publicly commented on yet. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Would Biden have really handled this much better than Trump? Joe barely knows what day it is half the time and I hate Trump with a passion.

Herpy derpy, derpity doo. Askinnnn questions yalllllll

BOTH SIDERS...ASSEMBLE!!!!

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Painful how we just resign ourselves that the fed govt is just failing us one time after another. The complaints about the tests are dying down because we know the govt will never catch up. Not enough ventilators?  The feds unnecessarily waited too long to force more manufacturing. N95 masks could have been another priority a few weeks ago, and now we will play catch-up and hoarding for the upcoming months.

We all like to joke that govt never can do anything but that especially occurs when you have half the decision making posts unfilled and the other half are underqualified and afraid to make a decision that the top guy hasn’t publicly commented on yet. 

When the rest of the industrialized world had got things under control and has PPE, ventilators, and employment and it's hitting the red states hard, then maybe, just maybe those idiots will wonder if Merica is as all powerful as they thought.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Do you trust Jared Kushner to be in charge of your health?

Would Biden have a pandemic response unit? 

Would states be on their own to bid against each other with a fully implemented DPA?

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

You know, I don't have anyone on ignore but I'm thinking about putting you on ignore.

You post way too often, and it's usually some weak bullshit.  You're FC Horn, right?

I think karma chameleon was a pretty well played response. Also you seen tightly wound. You should definitely use the ignore function. I would be honored. 

2 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

You mean Joe Biden who was VP during the H1N1 and Ebola outbreaks? Who was part of the administration that created the now-disbanded Office of Pandemic Response?

Don't be foolish. 

Do you think Biden would have implemented the travel restrictions on same timeline? I am not sure. I think he may have been more hesitant to pull that trigger. Note that I dont think trump Implemented the travel restrictions because he was taking the virus as seriously as he should have. All the evidence is to the contrary. But I do think that even a few days one way or the other could impact the numbers significantly.

2 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Are you trying to have an honest debate about whether competent leadership during this crisis would have meant better outcomes versus similar outcomes?

actually, why don’t you just shut up for once.

I am giving an example of one specific decision point that we can consider when discussing the impact of the executive on the outcomes. There are many others that I am open to discussing. 

45 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

When the rest of the industrialized world had got things under control and has PPE, ventilators, and employment and it's hitting the red states hard, then maybe, just maybe those idiots will wonder if Merica is as all powerful as they thought.  

Sadly, they won't.

They will go to their dying breath believing the entirety of all this is the fault of the Democratic Party, Obama, Biden, the Clintons, Soros, etc.  Oh, they will still be hardcore #MAGA as they lay, thinking their final thoughts.  They lack the introspection necessary to think that maybe their beloved Trump, their Team R governor, congressmen, senators, state reps, etc could be at fault.  

It's entirely the fault of the Dems.  Entirely.  

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Do you think Biden would have implemented the travel restrictions on same timeline? I am not sure. I think he may have been more hesitant to pull that trigger. Note that I dont think trump Implemented the travel restrictions because he was taking the virus as seriously as he should have. All the evidence is to the contrary. But I do think that even a few days one way or the other could impact the numbers significantly.

Back to mr both sides again.   Yes Hillary and Biden and democratic party members would ignore scientists and health professionals because they have a long track record of denying science.  

• Like 7

37 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Probably.  And he would have included US citizens so that it was simultaneously more effective and less racist.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Sadly, they won't.

They will go to their dying breath believing the entirety of all this is the fault of the Democratic Party, Obama, Biden, the Clintons, Soros, etc.  Oh, they will still be hardcore #MAGA as they lay, thinking their final thoughts.  They lack the introspection necessary to think that maybe their beloved Trump, their Team R governor, congressmen, senators, state reps, etc could be at fault.  

It's entirely the fault of the Dems.  Entirely.  

And if you still doubt this could be true for this swath of the American populace, go read the politics board on TexAgs for a while and you'll be convinced. 

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

Probably.  And he would have included US citizens so that it was simultaneously more effective and less racist.

I don't think that there is any reason to believe that he would have implemented the restriction earlier.  And I most certainly don't think that he would have denied entry to US citizens. 

Were there any politicians actively calling for restrictions on travel from Chine or Europe prior to the end of January?  Any actively calling for entry restrictions on US citizens, even to today? 

A quick google search and Tom Cotton is the only critter I could find advocating in real time for earlier travel restrictions.  I do find contemporary articles with interviews from a few people in academia and at WHO advocating against travel restrictions, which in hindsight seems pretty fucking foolish. Maybe Joe wouldn't have listened to those people though.   

Which is weird because Obama left office under Covid-17.  If only there was some sort of numerical marker under which Obama could be charged.  Like Covid-13, or 14.  Maybe 15.  Possibly 16.  Maybe Covid-10.  

8 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I don't think that there is any reason to believe that he would have implemented the restriction earlier.  And I most certainly don't think that he would have denied entry to US citizens. 

Were there any politicians actively calling for restrictions on travel from Chine or Europe prior to the end of January?  Any actively calling for entry restrictions on US citizens, even to today? 

Look at the timeline again. He shut down flights after the virus was in the US. All we can go off is how Trump can handle this issue once it hits our population and it's been a massive failure. 

When he was asked by CNBC in an interview that aired January 22 if there were worries about a pandemic, he responded, "No. Not at all. And -- we're -- we have it totally under control. It's one person coming in from China, and we have it under control. It's going to be just fine."

On March 9, Trump tweeted, "So last year 37,000 Americans died from the common Flu. It averages between 27,000 and 70,000 per year. Nothing is shut down, life & the economy go on. At this moment there are 546 confirmed cases of CoronaVirus, with 22 deaths. Think about that!" On March 10, the day before the WHO's pandemic declaration, Trump said, "And we're prepared, and we're doing a great job with it. And it will go away. Just stay calm. It will go away."

He added: "It's really working out. And a lot of good things are going to happen."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/17/politics/fact-check-trump-always-knew-pandemic-coronavirus/index.html

• Like 1

Travel restrictions? Did you forget about the massive clusterfuck that created? 

Fuck it. If that's all you have to hang your hat on, you've got a big nothing. 

People are dying because of a colossal mismanagement of a pandemic. The head of the CDC is facepalming because of the idiot at the mic. Who only recently acquiesced in to calling it a problem and not a hoax.

And you're focusing on travel restrictions. Which didn't make a lick of difference anyway. 

• Like 1