CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

17 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

We’re not there yet.
But for the first time, I can see it on the distant horizon.
There’s no way this murderous regime doesn’t end in blood.

Not that distant.  If he wins 2020, NY, CA, and a number of other states are gonna test the secession waters. 

Trump's message has been pretty clear. The states are on their own. Since we are on our own, we are going to need to keep our tax money in house.  NY could have had a stellar stockpile with only a fraction of the $280 billion it sends to the federal gov't every year. 

That being said, a breakup can be done peacefully.  And even if Trump loses, the nation is simply no longer sustainable. No point in yo-yoing between Trumpism and milquetoast centrism for the next 2 decades first. We should just get it over with. 

Edited by FondrenRoad
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, burntorangebongos said:

If this is true, then I don't understand why they are basing it on your income from 2018 or 2019? It doesn't  matter if it is a fucking advance! I don't understand the why of this at all. 

They haven't got their hands on your social security yet but now have 2 trillion in their laps right now. Whatever the right intention was originally, the longer it sits the more it will become theirs.  See their recent Federal medical stockpile comments and insert "their personal" wherever you see the word Federal.  Giving grifters money to dole out will be interesting. 

15 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

Fake news.  Johnny Sack says that media is attributing all deaths for anyone "with" CV to CV.

I have seen that accusation elsewhere and it makes little sense. I doubt that someone with COVID who is driving to the hospital and is killed in a traffic accident is being recorded as a CV fatality. However, if someone has cancer and contracts COVID and then passes away, it should be recorded as a CV fatality. I had cancer many years ago. If I contract COVID, it is the virus overwhelming my lungs and immune system that is the cause and should be recorded as such.

If I have cancer and you hit me with a tire iron and I die, the cancer didn't kill me, you did.

47 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Not sure what your point is, but you know there are 'tards like EMAW scanning this thread.  The veracity of sources needs to be pointed out.

You are right. My reaction was more a carry over of that article you quoted, juxtaposed against your comment from Anastasis from last night. 

14 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

They haven't got their hands on your social security yet but now have 2 trillion in their laps right now. Whatever the right intention was originally, the longer it sits the more it will become theirs.  See their recent Federal medical stockpile comments and insert "their personal" wherever you see the word Federal.  Giving grifters money to dole out will be interesting. 

Jesus, we are so fucked. It is like they want to know what guillotine blades feel like. 

27 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Not that distant.  If he wins 2020, NY, CA, and a number of other states are gonna test the secession waters. 

Trump's message has been pretty clear. The states are on their own. Since we are on our own, we are going to need to keep our tax money in house.  NY could have had a stellar stockpile with only a fraction of the $280 billion it sends to the federal gov't every year. 

That being said, a breakup can be done peacefully.  And even if Trump loses, the nation is simply no longer sustainable. No point in yo-yoing between Trumpism and milquetoast centrism for the next 2 decades first. We should just get it over with. 

shit, before this happens i really need to move to a state with legal weed. so long Texas 😒

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

That is some damn goofy rightious stuff right there, obviously she has no loved one with this stuff yet...

In other news, as we all knew, Arkansas is not in lock down for 1 reason: Razorback fans can not read...

• Like 1

Think about how it is at the beach or the river. She's not bringing a purse. Cash goes in next to the titties. 

I’m beginning to think that the biggest problem with COVID-19 is that it won’t kill every last one of us. Our species, collectively, is too stupid too continue.
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

I’m beginning to think that the biggest problem with COVID-19 is that it won’t kill every last one of us. Our species, collectively, is too stupid too continue.

There are literally millions of people in this country alone that have proven themselves to be criminally insane.  Also, lulz.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

We’re not there yet.
But for the first time, I can see it on the distant horizon.
There’s no way this murderous regime doesn’t end in blood.

Speaking of the aforementioned (by me) Gawker, someone in the comments said, probably in 2016 or '17, "is there isn't any way this doesn't end in violence?"  

People could, and should, descent on Washington if this election is stolen.

8 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

To be fair, my extremely pro-life, devoutly Catholic aunt is all over Facebook telling people to stay the fuck home and save lives through social distancing.  So not all extremists are hypocrites.  

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Think about how it is at the beach or the river. She's not bringing a purse. Cash goes in next to the titties. 

I'd almost feel bad for his wife if she wasn't a nutjob too.  92 years old and has probably never had an orgasm.

51 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

No way the US government allows peaceful secession. But thanks for presenting Russian strategic wet dreams as a reasonable option. 

20 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Is she wrong? I mean, it does seem that at some point people have to come off of the ventilators and either make it or don't.  

I'm starting to think that Palin coming up with Death Panels was a projection.  It's what she would do, so by projection BHO would do it too.

24 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

16 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Is she wrong? I mean, it does seem that at some point people have to come off of the ventilators and either make it or don't.  

I watched the video, and her point was that in the US you have a 50% survival rate once on a ventilator and patients are sometimes on them for one to four weeks and she further stated that at some point the patient needs to come off the vent and see how it goes: essentially live or die.

That being said, she then goes on to say, "and that frees up ventilators. " Which, while obvious, sounded just a little too cheerful IMO but it's Fox Don't Give a Fuck About Feelings Unless You're GOP News.

I'm taking notes, though, because these are the same people that rail on doctors and folks who wish to remove their loved one from a machine etc in order to have a peaceful passing after a life of suffering. They will get all up in people's business but here it's 'oh don't be a drain on the economy" after regulating women's health care decisions, some of which have extreme economic impacts, or caring little about the pollution that causes asthma in children or the water in Flint, and on and on. Shaking my head on a Sunday.

• Like 2

I am so fucking glad I didn't grow up when Pat Robertson did.

You and all the women.
Speaking of the aforementioned (by me) Gawker, someone in the comments said, probably in 2016 or '17, "is there isn't any way this doesn't end in violence?"  
People could, and should, descent on Washington if this election is stolen.

If the election is stolen, and people DON’T burn DC to the ground, we deserve what we get.
I'd almost feel bad for his wife if she wasn't a nutjob too.  92 years old and has probably never had an orgasm.

Oh, like the Robertsons haven’t had a series of pool boys over the years? I’m sure she’s gotten her itch scratched plenty.
Hell, Pat probably has too, by those same pool boys.
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

I am so fucking glad I didn't grow up when Pat Robertson did.

As an SAE at Washington and Lee in the late '40s/early /50s, Pat Robertson was getting plenty of oral sex, either from the girls' school students who used to flock to Lexington on the weekends or from his classmates.

3 minutes ago, zork said:

hmm, it's almost as if in a city where there are no cars people have to get around in other ways. seriously, what's your point with this? cap metro is still running. it is the only way some people can get to a store or pharmacy or doctor. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, crash_davis said:

at this point, i'm indifferent to people dying from their own stupidity. as long as they limit their stupidity to their ilk, then it's win win.

They’re going to take up resources that you might need in a couple weeks.

at this point, i'm indifferent to people dying from their own stupidity. as long as they limit their stupidity to their ilk, then it's win win.

But they won’t. We’ve already seen numerous cases of 1) a large religious gathering creating numerous carriers 2) who then go and spread the disease into the rest of the population.
The answer is simple. Anyone who is sickened by someone who got the disease at these criminally stupid gatherings needs to sue the church, the pastor, and all people who were in attendance for negligence, battery, and civil conspiracy.
You get to hurt yourself. You hurt others, you pay for it. That’s how “personal responsibility” works.
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

hmm, it's almost as if in a city where there are no cars people have to get around in other ways. seriously, what's your point with this? cap metro is still running. it is the only way some people can get to a store or pharmacy or doctor. 

2 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Why wouldn't they be?

2 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Because there is a pandemic going on and your city, NYC, is one of the worst hit regions in the country.

• Fuck You 5