CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

3 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

"We inherited a broken system" Really, it wasn't that broken. Maybe YOU broke it.

1) The system he inherited was broken and shitty.

2) He has no concept why it was broken and shitty and he is only capable of making it worse.

WOO!

Just now, Bama Chick said:

This seems smart.

States united and working together.

I’m sure someone can come up with a catchy name for this innovation.

Hey! He got that from Surly! You all are so smart. We were talking about that a week ago. Knew you guys should have been the Task Force.

1 minute ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

There has got to be an angle somewhere. It can't be about actually saving lives.

He knows he can't do anything to stop this and hes fucked, hes desperate for some kind of miracle that will end the crisis. He can then say he was right all along or he can say well the scientists failed us as he stands above the rubble of the united states

• Like 1

Just now, longhornmatt said:

Isn’t hydroxychloroquine proving to be among the least helpful supposed treatments?   There’s at least still hope and some early studies to suggest that other things like remdesivir and ivermectin might actually be useful.  

But of course, instead of those, he’s still all over the miracle cure that was hyped by some quack nut job and that studies are showing not to work.  Par for the course for Trump.  

I am not sure that any are shaking out one way or the other convincingly, but Trump certainly tied his cart to the HCQ option. Because it was the early and easy option. And Rudy is on board.  So sound medical science of course. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

There has got to be an angle somewhere. It can't be about actually saving lives.

If it happened to work, he would claim he knows more than every doctor and would boast about this for the rest of his life. And the syncopates would loudly proclaim that this proves he is the greatest President in history.

He wants a magic pill in lieu of a vaccine.  He's decided to saddle up to this.

• Like 1

Just now, wildcat09 said:

No reason it can't be both.

Maybe I guess.  Not a lot of money to be made with 70 year old drugs, but I suppose there is an angle in a country where the supply chain has been constricted because we outsource our basic pharmaceutical supply lines to india and china. 

Just now, Francisco 2.0 said:

If it happened to work, he would claim he knows more than every doctor and would boast about this for the rest of his life. And the syncopates would loudly proclaim that this proves he is the greatest President in history.

Yeah, this is my take as well. 

Just now, Mrs Whiggins said:

Will he be addressing the Florida VA nursing home that has had an outbreak?

Well, the VA was broken under Obama, you see.  Like everything since January 2017 that he could have fixed, but just didn't have the time to because of hoaxes, etc.

• Like 1

Just now, Mrs Whiggins said:

I suppose it could just be the political angle. Trump doesn't have the patience to wait for a vaccine, especially one that wouldn't be ready until after the election but telling people to ingest medicine the way he does is very irresponsible.

Its the easy low hanging solution, which is of course why he loves it. 

6 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Maybe I guess.  Not a lot of money to be made with 70 year old drugs, but I suppose there is an angle in a country where the supply chain has been constricted because we outsource our basic pharmaceutical supply lines to india and china. 

Actual question:  can the price of generics spike or are they capped by statute?  Certainly the Trump administration has no problem ass-fucking every state on the cost of ventilators.  

8 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

It's well-assisted by his nature to completely forget or at least ignore everything he's said in the past.  In his world, there is no harm in taking a stand, because it can be dismissed down the road.  Never happened.  Fake news!

• Like 1

Does his imaginary friend who didn't know how many countries there are get  royalty for every time the President tells that story?  

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Actual question:  can the price of generics spike or are they capped by statute?  Certainly the Trump administration has no problem ass-fucking every state on the cost of ventilators.  

They float with the market.  The generic manufacturers do some very shady shit manipulating the market, especially with drugs with small market share.  In this situation the problem imo is that we have cornered ourselves into dependence on india and china. India just shut down exports of HCQ. If you want to frame it as anything, our pharmaceutical pipeline is now clearly a national security risk. Not just HCQ, focus on the abx and other meds we have off shored.