CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

43 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Per usual, he holds the briefings when I'm cooking and so I miss part of them. Based on the Axios story, this is coming to a head soon. It's so strange how a group of people can malign science in so many areas and then turn to science for the 'Eureka' moment when they are desperate and then malign science again when the scientists say, " it doesn't work like that."

He’ll probably be going to Theranos chick for advice before this is over. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bullneck said:

What have you got to lose?

Friday evening

Sunday in the afternoon

What have you got to lose?

25 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

"Look people, we're gonna need to talk to a lot of doctors. Dr. Oz, Dr. Drew, Dr. Phil, Dr. Dre. I've asked Jared to get me in touch with Dr. Doom. I hear he's very good. Doom. What a name, right? I can't think of a better person to deal with Corona than Dr. Doom. Let's get him on the phone."

66c02a82fc9393c4c6148828bd0953bb.jpg

• Like 8

44 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

"Look people, we're gonna need to talk to a lot of doctors. Dr. Oz, Dr. Drew, Dr. Phil, Dr. Dre. I've asked Jared to get me in touch with Dr. Doom. I hear he's very good. Doom. What a name, right? I can't think of a better person to deal with Corona than Dr. Doom. Let's get him on the phone."

image.gif.99f6ffebd6e32e94093ec6f7339e0f7e.gif

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

i saw this coming a mile away, oz had been the hannity radio show all week spewing his bs 

Dr. Drew retweets Mike Cernovich who pushes a supplement called 'Gorilla Mindset.' These people are just fantastic. 

Trump's adoration right now clearly leans toward Dr.Oz because Dr. Drew is currently in brand repair mode after following the Trump/Fox News lead on encouraging everyone to ignore a global pandemic. That won't be easy. It'll take a few appearances with Adam Coroolla and some podcasts where he guides Steve-O through resisting impulsive temptations. Trump doesn't have room for that timeline. Dr. Oz will be the victor due to fortunate circumstance.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lurch said:

Lost me at font

Yeah, sorry about that. I wasn't going to retype it. Whoever thought that was a good idea....

6 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'd love to start a band called "Poverty of Expectations", but honestly, it would be a better album title.

Maybe, but as an bastardized version of Dickens, Trump as Miss Havisham would be unforgettable. Except you might need to change the ending a little.

23 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Scientists in China have warned eating out bums may contribute to the spread of coronavirus. 

https://qnews.com.au/uh-oh-scientists-warn-covid-19-could-be-spread-by-rimming/

What the fuck am I going to do with the rest of my quarantine, then?

Edited by NameAlreadyInUse
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I guess the letter that Tommy Lee posted on Twitter is gaining some traction tonight. (Tommy didn't write it, just tweeted it) Trending upwards

that was...cathartic 

Edited by mchookem

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

You just don't understand women. Maybe @Bama Chick can help you out. 

She has a daughter with a fever and has no food except for a little rice and no money. I am going to meet her to give her some money, no strings attached,  because we are friends.  It is not that complicated.

• Like 5

I have been somewhat suspicious of Clay Jenkins, Dallas County Judge, for a few years (his residency in Dallas County has been questionable, he flopped parties for election, etc.).

But this is leadership.  https://www.texastribune.org/2020/04/04/dallas-county-coronavirus-response-ahead-curve/

Not only is he doing it mostly right, he's doing it with some humility.

Each day, Dallas County Judge Clay Jenkins holds a noon phone call with about 250 first responders, agency heads and others trying to keep a handle on the county’s response to the novel coronavirus pandemic.

When he signs off, Jenkins makes an ask of them: Have grace toward one another, but also have grace toward yourself.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Don’t forget Dr. Lexus. 

Edited by yoladu
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

I always get a kick out of imagining those guys listening to like some old Springsteen or Rolling Stones records, tapping their foot along to the beat and then suddenly getting really mad and outraged when they realize that they are listening to music that has a political message behind it.

Like their hero?

spacer.png

• Like 2

6 hours ago, burntorangebongos said:

No he wasn't really talking to you, Raydog. He was just using your situation to clap back at Bama Chick for riling him earlier. He is just tiny dick raging....you can ignore. 

I thought maybe Bama could find her way to getting at least half as riled up about human trafficking in the Philippines as she does about me answering Jimmy's question as to which deaths we should celebrate. 

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

In the political Twister logic game of Trump supporters (or Russian bots), the discussion earlier regarding the unearthing of some Fauci comments made in 2017 at a conference at Georgetown has resulted in some amazing spin.

Dr. Fauci had warned about a 'surprise outbreak,' saying "there is no question that there will be a challenge to the coming administration in the arena of infectious diseases." This has now been taken, run through the laundry and is now in various forms:

'Fauci knew and prepared no plan because he is Deep State.'

"Fauci is a paid shill. He laid the groundwork for the PLANdemic days before the inauguration."

And so on. Many memes and tweets tie him to Bill Gates in some globalist plot as the doctor worked with the Gates Foundation. Big Pharma, anti-vaxxers all mixed together. Some are bot driven accounts, some are not. If Dr. Oz is the grasper and opportunist that I believe him to be, Fauci is going to be repatrioted back to NIH or let go. Don't know about Birx. Her name is also bandied about as Deep State, but not with the same amount of traction as she hasn't spoken on HCQ as much.

Weird how more of those folks are willing to pop a pill and see it as innocuous over an injection which they see as authoritarian and shades of mad science. It's like Dr. Salk never lived.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
Spelling
  • Like 1

I have been somewhat suspicious of Clay Jenkins, Dallas County Judge, for a few years (his residency in Dallas County has been questionable, he flopped parties for election, etc.).
But this is leadership.  https://www.texastribune.org/2020/04/04/dallas-county-coronavirus-response-ahead-curve/
Not only is he doing it mostly right, he's doing it with some humility.

Each day, Dallas County Judge Clay Jenkins holds a noon phone call with about 250 first responders, agency heads and others trying to keep a handle on the county’s response to the novel coronavirus pandemic.

When he signs off, Jenkins makes an ask of them: Have grace toward one another, but also have grace toward yourself.

Et cetera indeed. But I agree with you.
  • Like 1

Yesterday, the number of daily deaths in the US dropped.  Might be an outlier.  Over the last few days, the number of daily deaths in Italy and Spain also dropped.  

It does make me wonder if there has been a shift in treatment that has been successful.  Not saying it's a particular cocktail of pharmaceuticals, but it might be.  Hopefully the trend holds. 

• Like 1