CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

27 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Is anyone surprised that insider trader Kelly Loeffler is being outpolled by assclown Doug Collins? Of course not, insider trader Kelly Loeffler is being outpolled by assclown Doug Collins because Georgians really want nothing to do with insider trading Kelly Loeffler or assclown Doug Collins. Georgians are going to vote for a Democratic candidate this time because insider trading Kelly Loeffler, assclown Doug Collins, and goober Brian Kemp have created a pandemic nightmare in the state of Georgia.

Just stop.

• Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Just stop.

Happy to. She probably will need her own thread anyway, it's cluttering up the COVID.

I found my ear buds. Darn kids lose theirs and ahem don't return Mom's.  Hearing Trump right in my ear is going to get annoying.

I don’t know how y’all can stand to watch this daily circus.

I’ve not watched once for my mental health and my blood pressure.

I figure if he actually says anything worthwhile I can read about it.

I do appreciate the commentary y’all provide. Those of you that can watch this tangerine lump of insanity without screaming at the television have my thanks and respect.

I seriously have actively avoided watching him for pretty much two years now. Maybe I’m weak but the sight and sound of him makes me actually rage.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

I have no earthly idea why anyone with a brain would be upset about either of those Tweets.  

Because understanding what went wrong in the wave 1 response can help us in future waves. Also, there are 435 house members each with staffs. They can do more than 1 thing at a time.

5 hours ago, kevwun said:

The Ohio governor has also been doing what needed to be done from the beginning.

He's allowed the medical professionals to do their jobs, particularly Dr. Amy Acton, and stayed out of their way. (He did take advantage of the opportunity to ban surgical abortions.) I haven't heard him comment on the Federal response or lack thereof. 

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

Apparently some 450,000 travelers came from China after this tremendous travel ban.

I picked two up at LAX on the evening of February 5, 2020.  They came in from Chengdu.  No, I'm not an uber driver.  They were the GF's son and DIL: She's a chinese national, and they went over to celebrate the Lunar New Year. 

2 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I guess the Evangelicals really have influenced the modern day GOP. Everything ends up with a begat.

It's a counter to the GOP blame game which also ends up with a string of begats. I am sometimes agog at how far back the begats go. It used to just be the emails, but now it has been stretching back to the early days of George W. Bush which begat Barak Obama which begat the tan suit which begat...you get the idea.

He simply will not acknowledge or validate any news that does not meet his false, rosy narratives.

it's either fake news

or partisan

or originated in the deep state

Not a leader. He is the worst.

Edited by yoladu
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Captainant said:

Here's a recording from the vessel of the address, complete with sailors reacting in real-time in the background

What an absolute bag of shit. His use of the word "betrayal" triggers UCMJ concerns, since treason is punishable by death. And "betraying" your nation and brothers in arms certainly constitutes treason, if they really feel that strongly.

Holy shit. He's just a political operative like Bill Barr. Make excuses, don't trust the media, blame China. We know the drill. 

20 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

I don’t know how y’all can stand to watch this daily circus.

I’ve not watched once for my mental health and my blood pressure.

I figure if he actually says anything worthwhile I can read about it.

I do appreciate the commentary y’all provide. Those of you that can watch this tangerine lump of insanity without screaming at the television have my thanks and respect.

I seriously have actively avoided watching him for pretty much two years now. Maybe I’m weak but the sight and sound of him makes me actually rage.

I watch them but they're completely unnecessary and following here or anywhere else by osmosis is all you need to grasp anything pertinent.  He's on a loop and repetitive more than ever at this point.  And he's a complete dick, especially to female reporters.  They melt his soul.  The hostility is cathartic to him and he has no idea how much this behavior is contributing to his rapid decline of support.  It's obvious that he believes his supporters like to watch him be combative, but the questions that make him the most belligerent are the ones everyone wants to know right now.  I'd encourage you to watch them because he's an orange and yellow swirl in spiral for all to see right now.  Donny can't understand that there are no hate strings to pluck here because viruses don't have favorite political parties.  If his ignorance and stupidity are too much for you to bear just realize that his idiocy is now directly hurting him daily because he's too daft for self preservation.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

"this came out of nowhere" except that you knew about it 30 days before instituting a sham of a travel ban with china, and then following that, continually downplaying the severity of the virus. 

fuck you, orange man.

He referred to it as hoax perpetrated by Democrats on February 28th. Now he is telling us it came out of nowhere.

Edited by yoladu