CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

4 hours ago, EMAWesome said:

University of Washington has updated their projections

https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections

Projected deaths by Aug. 4 now 81,766 (assuming social distancing regulations remain in effect through May).

Also has projections for every state.

If projections hold true, that is very good news for Texas - Appears we wouldn't exceed ICU bed capacity.

Just now, Michael Knight said:

He really really hates female reporters

Beat me to it. He loathes being checked by assertive, articulate women. Assertive, articulate black women make the springs in his frontal lobe snap. This would be hilarious if it wasn't for, you know, all the dead people.

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Chooky said:

I watch them but they're completely unnecessary and following here or anywhere else by osmosis is all you need to grasp anything pertinent.  He's on a loop and repetitive more than ever at this point.  And he's a complete dick, especially to female reporters.  They melt his soul.  The hostility is cathartic to him and he has no idea how much this behavior is contributing to his rapid decline of support.  It's obvious that he believes his supporters like to watch him be combative, but the questions that make him the most belligerent are the ones everyone wants to know right now.  

This was just posted on FB by a high school friend.  She was never a close friend, and we never dated or anything, but I've always known her to be a very sweet and kind person.  She still is.  She's also fully bought in.  This is how she sees it:

I truly love the way Trump doesn’t put up with mean reporters. It’s about time! Our country needs to understand respect for authority.

. . . we may need to agree to disagree on this. I think Trump is doing a fantastic job. Being president can’t be easy. He just isn’t a politician.

I'm not giving her a pass, and I'm not justifying her ignorance.  Take it as a glimpse into the bizarre world of the Trumpkin.

34 minutes ago, Chooky said:

Beat me to it. He loathes being checked by assertive, articulate women. Assertive, articulate black women make the springs in his frontal lobe snap. This would be hilarious if it wasn't for, you know, all the dead people.

There was something telling in the Dirty Money episode about Kushco.  When Jared bought the NY Observer, his main concern was how it portrayed him and his cronies.  Said something like he realized that favorably press was great and unfavorable not so much.  So that's all he and Trump see the press as, "mean" or "gracious," no other purpose.

I guess that's an easy view to adopt when your world isn't tethered to or bounded by facts.

Norway says they have CV under control.  Supposedly they locked down everything

From Dailymail FWIW

Norway announces it has 'brought coronavirus under control' after rate of new infections plummets

Norway says that its coronavirus outbreak is 'under control' after a dramatic fall in the rate at which new people have become infected. 

Health Minister Bent Hoie said the number of people that each carrier of the disease infects - thought to be around 2.5 without lockdown measures - has fallen to 0.7.

Anything under 1 means the disease has effectively stopped circulating and will start to die off.

Norway has got the virus under control by carrying out 101, 986 people for the virus - or 18,996 tests per million people compared to the UK's 2,250 tests per million - allowing it to quickly identify and quarantine those with mild symptoms and the people they have come into contact with.

The country also banned sports and cultural events and closed all educational institutions to bring the rate of transfer down.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8192555/amp/Norway-announces-brought-coronavirus-control.html?__twitter_impression=true

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

I don’t know how y’all can stand to watch this daily circus.

I’ve not watched once for my mental health and my blood pressure.

I figure if he actually says anything worthwhile I can read about it.

I do appreciate the commentary y’all provide. Those of you that can watch this tangerine lump of insanity without screaming at the television have my thanks and respect.

I seriously have actively avoided watching him for pretty much two years now. Maybe I’m weak but the sight and sound of him makes me actually rage.

I watched the first several because I thought it was important to do so. I think the first one I didn't watch was that Friday when he bragged about his ratings. I haven't watched one since.

Don't watch. Don't give him the ratings. He's not out there to lead or to inform. It's just become part of his reality show. And his campaign for reelection. He can't hold rallies but he can still get daily free media exposure. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

Norway says they have CV under control.  Supposedly they locked down everything

From Dailymail FWIW

Norway announces it has 'brought coronavirus under control' after rate of new infections plummets

Norway says that its coronavirus outbreak is 'under control' after a dramatic fall in the rate at which new people have become infected. 

Health Minister Bent Hoie said the number of people that each carrier of the disease infects - thought to be around 2.5 without lockdown measures - has fallen to 0.7.

Anything under 1 means the disease has effectively stopped circulating and will start to die off.

Norway has got the virus under control by carrying out 101, 986 people for the virus - or 18,996 tests per million people compared to the UK's 2,250 tests per million - allowing it to quickly identify and quarantine those with mild symptoms and the people they have come into contact with.

The country also banned sports and cultural events and closed all educational institutions to bring the rate of transfer down.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8192555/amp/Norway-announces-brought-coronavirus-control.html?__twitter_impression=true

Huh. There's a recurring theme. Tests. I wonder why that is.

• Like 2

everyone rest, Rudy Guliani is all over using hydroxy to cure COVID !!!  He's studied it and it has a 95% cure rate, little to no side effects. If Trump hadn't mentioned it, DR's would be prescribing with success left and right ! He's talked with MANY dr's and they're all telling him to thank trump for pushing the drug and saving lives. 

case solved !

• Like 1

Man this thread moves fast during the pressers. I don't know if this was posted before so sorry if so. But Seth is explaining how the press needs to change up how the present a question. It is clear that he is not trying to answer anything that he doesn't want to talk about. He is sticking to a tactic so they need to change theirs to make this more informative and give us better answers and perspective about the data and information presented at these pressers.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Chooky said:

He can't dispute a single detail in the HHS report other than to oint out that it comes from an Obama appointee. He has no idea how badly he's hurting himself with that illiterate sewer under his nose.

His base is too stupid to know any better.  They believe all his shit.

• Like 1

That is why the media needs to change tactics. Make the questions statements it stead of setting up the context that give the lying fuck a chance to interrupt and redirect to a lie he wants to tell. 

The fat fuck is masterful at distracting and fucking up the reporter's question to whatever he wants. They need to change up the way they question him in a way where they give out statements of fact and then ask the fucker a question based on the fact in a yes or no type question to pin him. He'll probably lose his shit, but it will show how ill prepared and unknowledgeable and he'll try to punt to some other official behind him. At the least, it will enrage him and make him stroke out. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

I evidently misread that or read it someplace that reported it inaccurately.

The reason I said read the last line was because the article stated that people continue to enter the US from China despite Trump's travel restrictions. It wasn't an issue of the specific number.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chooky said:

You're not supposed to call them that

2 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

everyone rest, Rudy Guliani is all over using hydroxy to cure COVID !!!  He's studied it and it has a 95% cure rate, little to no side effects. If Trump hadn't mentioned it, DR's would be prescribing with success left and right ! He's talked with MANY dr's and they're all telling him to thank trump for pushing the drug and saving lives. 

case solved !

Better than even odds COVID takes this motherfucker out. 

• Fuck You 1