CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

hahahaha, he's already walking back suspension of funding to the who. "i never said that." "you did say that." "i said we are going to look at that."
narrarator: he actually said that they were going to put a temporary hold on funding to the who.

“A tremendous hold”, if I heard correctly.

Just now, hayden_horn said:

hahahaha, he's already walking back suspension of funding to the who. "i never said that." "you did say that." "i said we are going to look at that."

narrarator: he actually said that they were going to put a temporary hold on funding to the who.

is that a record reversal? usually it's the next day, at least. holy shit he has literally no idea what he's doing

21 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

putting a hold on funding to the WHO. during a pandemic. i mean, whatever. he's trying to blame them for his own inaction and paralysis. 

Their response to this was somewhere on the spectrum from useless to negligent. Their utility is worth examining as well as our funding of it. I would argue he should wait til after we’re out of the woods though. 

Just now, Mrs Whiggins said:

The USPS and the subsidizing of the shippers. Oooo, that's going to be interesting. Which President was in office when the routes were opened to them? I can't remember was that W? I want to say it was 2004 or 2005?

on the one hand, if the trucks have to visit every house every day, it makes sense to just have one truck do that.  on the other, privatizing the profitable part (depot to depot hauling) while socializing the money losing part (last mile delivery) strikes me as wrong. 

Just now, elfenix said:

on the one hand, if the trucks have to visit every house every day, it makes sense to just have one truck do that.  on the other, privatizing the profitable part (depot to depot hauling) while socializing the money losing part (last mile delivery) strikes me as wrong. 

Between that (the profitable part), the last mile agreement with foreign nations, and having to pay the pensions out ahead so far the post office cannot ever turn a profit as far as I can tell.

Sorry for the derail. I'll stop with the USPS talk.

I don't think that it can be overstated how much of a lift launching 10 trials, with more to come, and 2 vax already in testing is.  Everybody likes to hate on Pharma, and for good reason, but mobilizing this sort of a response is a pretty awesome thing on their part. 
I do get a slight chuckle thinking of the wonder drugs that are getting put on the back burner so these trials can move forward.

Looks like we'll have to wait a like longer for better boner pills and feminine sweat reducer lotions.

2 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Their response to this was somewhere on the spectrum from useless to negligent. Their utility is worth examining as well as our funding of it. I would argue he should wait til after we’re out of the woods though. 

Get fucked, bootlicker.

• Like 5

I knew that Modly was speaking to the shitgibbon with his stupid speech. And the shitgibbon thinks he is selfless. What a fucking piece of shit. With 173 sick on the TR and knowing that their commander in chief is unfit, you gotta feel for the men and women in the Navy. Their moral must be on the floor. 

5 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

And yet you constantly defend and wholeheartedly support trump.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GRHorn said:

i do agree with your stance somewhat. but the who declared covid-19 a pandemic on march 11, which is late, but the definition is what it is. trump spent the weeks before, despite being warned by his own administration and intelligence community, that this thing is fucking real and we need to get our shit together. trump knew about this in december, and wanted to wish it away, like a miracle, and soon the cases will be 0. 

trump doesn't want to rely on the international community for advice, then he cannot blame them for their response. he wants to go it alone, then he faces the music alone. fuck this hand waving at the who. 

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Cool. Now grade Trump because they did a much better job than he did. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Well, National Review, could anything be more ridiculous that POTUS pimping a drug?  Pimping a drug that is unproven, not approved, and has  dire side effects?

It would be one thing if the drug were a proven, safe and effective cure or therapy for CV19, but it is not.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

did i just hear him say that the flu of 1918 killed hundreds of millions of people?

Estimates were 20-50 million dead for the 1918 influenza pandemic. But if he's using that as his benchmark, it only further proves that he is the worst President this nation has ever had.

Edited by UDontKnow

4 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Nope. I disagree with him plenty. Don’t see the need to share that here with y’all. You have it well covered. 

You voted for him and plan to vote for him again. 

You disagree with him but never criticize other than coming on here and saying you disagree with him, well sometimes.

Look I know your a troll but if you’re gonna criticize the WHO response you should put a disclaimer on the bottom of the post that you are in fact a wholehearted trump supporter who voted for him and plans to vote for him again so the board has full disclosure of all the facts. 

• Like 5

I have mixed feelings about the UN.  But, one thing I imagine is true:  by being less enthusiastic participants in UN and UN agencies, we make room for China and Russia to fuck it right the fuck up.

I have little doubt that China caused WHO to fuck this up.

• Like 1