CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

8 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I have mixed feelings about the UN.  But, one thing I imagine is true:  by being less enthusiastic participants in UN and UN agencies, we make room for China and Russia to fuck it right the fuck up.

I have little doubt that China caused WHO to fuck this up.

Trump's "America First" approach of pulling the nation away from the UN and NATO created the opening for China and Russia to step right in. 

EDIT: Same concept for Brexit and weakening the EU. Look at what is happening in Hungary. Lastly, the WHO Director has taken bribes his entire life, even before he became the Director. He covered up disease outbreaks in Ethiopia (https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/13/health/candidate-who-director-general-ethiopia-cholera-outbreaks.html). It wouldn't be that difficult for China to make him one of their agents.

Edited by UDontKnow
  • Like 1

I fear this jackwagon is still benefiting from a spike in approval rating similar to post-9/11:

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/?cid=rrpromo

Put Jared back on camera so that the approval ratings tank. 4 more years of Trump is cruel and unusual and will likely turn the coming recession into full blown economic depression.

33 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

i do agree with your stance somewhat. but the who declared covid-19 a pandemic on march 11, which is late, but the definition is what it is. trump spent the weeks before, despite being warned by his own administration and intelligence community, that this thing is fucking real and we need to get our shit together. trump knew about this in december, and wanted to wish it away, like a miracle, and soon the cases will be 0. 

trump doesn't want to rely on the international community for advice, then he cannot blame them for their response. he wants to go it alone, then he faces the music alone. fuck this hand waving at the who. 

the WHO blaming is basically that WHO is a chinese puppet at this point and was complicit in china's information suppression, at least up until the 3rd week of january.  trump then half-assed a travel ban a bit over a week later against WHO recommendations.  somehow that absolves trump of sitting around with his dick in his mouth when his own intelligence agencies and even peter fucking navarro were sending up the alarm bells. 

Edited by elfenix
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

8 minutes ago, elfenix said:

the WHO blaming is basically that WHO is a chinese puppet at this point and was complicit in china's information suppression.  trump then half-assed a travel ban a bit over a week later against WHO recommendations.  somehow that absolves trump of sitting around with his dick in his mouth when his own intelligence agencies and even peter fucking navarro were sending up the alarm bells. 

Go back even further. Who is responsible for WHO becoming a Chinese puppet? It's the dotard.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Giving you the benefit of the doubt and assuming you're not sharing this stupid ass aggy-IQ take because it's yours, but for some other reason.

Well he is one of the only trolls on this board who will admit to voting for trump. He’s a professional troll.

13 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

I fear this jackwagon is still benefiting from a spike in approval rating similar to post-9/11:

Put Jared back on camera so that the approval ratings tank. 4 more years of Trump is cruel and unusual and will likely turn the coming recession into full blown economic depression.

I just don't understand this bump at all. I mean, I get the theory of rallying around the flag, but this is such a unique instance. It would be like if GWB was shown to have known about the specifics of the 9/11 plot beforehand, but regardedly blamed the intel on the left and the media, and didn't do shit until after everyone died and NYC was smoldering. And then he did a bunch of half ass measures, lied about most things, honored himself, and came on TV every night to display how he didn't know what to do. 

Would W still have gotten that bump in that situation? 

This country is dumb as fuck! 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Well, National Review, could anything be more ridiculous that POTUS pimping a drug?  Pimping a drug that is unproven, not approved, and has  dire side effects?

It would be one thing if the drug were a proven, safe and effective cure or therapy for CV19, but it is not.

Jesus you’re a drama queen. 
not approved doesn’t mean a lot. Off label use. 
As far as being unproven and any side effects, those are the risk/benefit discussions that are handled by hospitals and prescribers. ITS A PRESCRIPTION MED. Just because POTUS says he thinks it has promise doesn’t mean every man woman and child can or should get on it. 

19 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Lol @ that dumbass trumptard lady who died.  I normally don’t laugh at dead people, but when that person encouraged behavior endangering hundreds of others by spewing her bile all over...bye bitch.  

zero fucks given whatsoever here for Republicans getting hoisted on their own petards.  

• Like 4

1 minute ago, GRHorn said:

As far as being unproven and any side effects, those are the risk/benefit discussions that are handled by hospitals and prescribers. ITS A PRESCRIPTION MED. Just because POTUS says he thinks it has promise doesn’t mean every man woman and child can or should get on it. 

You’re right, it doesn’t mean every man woman and child should get it. But that’s the kind of crap his base believes in. And it gets amplified by right-wing media. 

6 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

You know how many people are asking their healthcare providers for this medication because Trump, who holds stake in the French manufacturer of the drug, is pimping it based on a French study with many flaws? 

Edited by UDontKnow
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

I'm a drama queen?  Look at the jackwagon in the oval office. It's unseemly for a President, unless possibly a medical doctor, to pimp a drug that doesn't work to the nation.  Leave the medical advice to the professionals.

It's fucking absurd.  It would only happen with this defective in charge.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

This guy's "sense" is so pearl-clutchingly quaint in light of the GOP indisputably and proudly trying to sabotage the healthcare of millions of Americans for over a decade. That's just been a standard plank in their platform for a good while now- even before they made a guy who called for the execution of innocent Americans the leader of their party.

Edited by Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

You know how many people are asking their healthcare providers for this medication because Trump, who holds stake in the French manufacturer of the drug, is pimping it based on a French study with many flaws? 

Read the article about how much of a stake he owns you fucking simpleton. 

• Fuck You 7

2 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

This guy's "sense" is so pearl-clutchingly quaint in light the GOP indisputably and proudly trying to sabotage the healthcare of millions of Americans for over a decade since the 1970s. That's just been a standard plank in their platform for a good while now- even before they made a guy who called for the execution of innocent Americans the leader of their party.

Fify. 

• Like 2

So . . . Drs. Birx and Fauci posit African Americans outside the West Coast are not getting the message on the importance of social distancing.  And the outcome disparity for lower income patients is well known.

I would imagine we have other groups (Rush listeners) who are not getting the message either, but live in more sparsely populated regions so the spread is slower.

It's 4:20 on the west coast. If Birx and Fauci are correct, what are California and Washington doing correctly?

In California, access to healthcare is excellent. Big data is huge out here. Perhaps that is all it is - there is better healthcare for all out here. The co-morbid conditions exist, but there is more contact with the health system for all.

So perhaps the message is getting through due to that more direct contact with health providers unavailable in other states. 

California is now sending vents out to other states. That is remarkable to me when the landslide began building steam. California and Washington are doing something right. I can't see the forest for the trees. What are other states doing differently (more poorly).

2 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

The percentage of the stake doesn't matter, you fucktard. It's the concept. I hope you haven't procreated and never do, because you are part of what will eventually end humanity.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

So . . . Drs. Birx and Fauci posit African Americans outside the West Coast are not getting the message on the importance of social distancing.  And the outcome disparity for lower income patients is well known.

I would imagine we have other groups (Rush listeners) who are not getting the message either, but live in more sparsely populated regions so the spread is slower.

It's 4:20 on the west coast. If Birx and Fauci are correct, what are California and Washington doing correctly?

In California, access to healthcare is excellent. Big data is huge out here. Perhaps that is all it is - there is better healthcare for all out here. The co-morbid conditions exist, but there is more contact with the health system for all.

So perhaps the message is getting through due to that more direct contact with health providers unavailable in other states. 

California is now sending vents out to other states. That is remarkable to me when the landslide began building steam. California and Washington are doing something right. I can't see the forest for the trees. What are other states doing differently (more poorly).

https://www.cnn.com/videos/health/2020/04/07/coronavirus-deaths-disparity-black-communities-jones-sot-vpx.cnn

Van Jones commenting on the point in your post.

• Like 1

Just now, ChiTownDoc said:

Actually POTUS makes it much more difficult on the docs.  And he absolutely caused a shortage for people that need it properly.  I work with 3 top 25 healthcare systems and they have not used much.  Sadly a metric shitload of community docs working independently just started doling it out bc it’s easier than getting sued or having a 30 min convo with a Trumptard who isn’t going to listen.  It was like opioid convos.  Once a nutter has their mind made up good luck.  The president spouting off definitely makes it worse. Zero question.  

no shit.  people will find a doc who will prescribe it.  claiming that it can't be gotten because it's behind a prescription wall is absurd when we know how well that worked for opioids. 

17 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

"those are the risk/benefit discussions that are handled by hospitals and prescribers." -- then the brainless fuckstick should leave it to them.

"Just because POTUS says he thinks it has promise" - nope, you don't get to do that.  That's not what he said. He said "what do you have to lose?"  He lies plenty.  You don't get to lie for him.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, elfenix said:

no shit.  people will find a doc who will prescribe it.  claiming that it can't be gotten because it's behind a prescription wall is absurd when we know how well that worked for opioids. 

Yep.  And the docs that are shitty and slow have a way to quickly bill an extra 50 patients a day.  Many billed cash because it’s not an opioid so they’re in the clear.  I wish the world worked like GRhorn claims.   Sadly, that’s not the case.  

• Like 6

45 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

That's really not a bump.  It's within the range of the 2 year trend.

11 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Ok. And? 
Here’s how that call goes. 

Dumb Flyover MagaHead- Golly doc what you think about that drug Trump was talking about? I wanna get some so I don’t get that corona. 
PCP- That’s a good question. That’s a old drug that looks like it might be promising, but at this point we aren’t using it on a prophylactic basis or even as outpatient treatment until we get more data. I’m following it closely. Are you experiencing any symptoms?

Done. That’s it. 

And this is only anecdotally from a couple PCPs that are relatives but visits and phone calls to the office even have absolutely cratered if what they’re seeing is widespread. Big whoop. Much ado about nothing. 

One thing I do find funny is id be willing to be that a ton of these celebrities that are positive including Mr Chris Cuomo were able to score some HCQ and took it as well. 

Just now, GRHorn said:

Ok. And? 
Here’s how that call goes. 

Dumb Flyover MagaHead- Golly doc what you think about that drug Trump was talking about? I wanna get some so I don’t get that corona. 
PCP- That’s a good question. That’s a old drug that looks like it might be promising, but at this point we aren’t using it on a prophylactic basis or even as outpatient treatment until we get more data. I’m following it closely. Are you experiencing any symptoms?

Done. That’s it. 

And this is only anecdotally from a couple PCPs that are relatives but visits and phone calls to the office even have absolutely cratered if what they’re seeing is widespread. Big whoop. Much ado about nothing. 

One thing I do find funny is id be willing to be that a ton of these celebrities that are positive including Mr Chris Cuomo were able to score some HCQ and took it as well. 

Lol.  Yeah.  It’s called doctor shopping.  Look it up.  And when the drug isn’t an opioid it’s even easier on everybody.   

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Lol.  Yeah.  It’s called doctor shopping.  Look it up.  And when the drug isn’t an opioid it’s even easier on everybody.   

GRHorn is one of those people who thinks he/she/it understands how medicine and medical care works in this country. Probably could never pass basic science.

• Like 2

To justify the unwise and irresponsible medical musings of President Dipshit, his fluffers now spout off idiotic nonsense that there’s “no harm” in taking unproven medications that may exacerbate reported complications of C19 and that are needed to treat other diseases they are known to be effective for.  The harm comes in the form of risk that this shit will actually lead to worse outcomes and result in shortages.  And we have no fucking reason to believe that there’s any real upside that would justify the risk.  

But, you know, as long as we don’t know that it won’t not help, might as well pop pills. Or hell, no one has proven that huffing glue won’t kill coronavirus. Might as well do that too!  Or have you considered voluntary castration?  Couldn’t hurt... and it just might help!

Point is: not knowing that something won’t work is not good reason to medicate with it.

Edited by BrickHorn
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

Well, National Review, could anything be more ridiculous that POTUS pimping a drug?  Pimping a drug that is unproven, not approved, and has  dire side effects?

It would be one thing if the drug were a proven, safe and effective cure or therapy for CV19, but it is not.

"National Review. Brought to you by Sanofi."

1 minute ago, BrickHorn said:

To justify the unwise and irresponsible medical musings of President Dipshit, his fluffers now spout off idiotic nonsense that there’s “no harm” in taking unproven medications that may exacerbate reported complications of C19 and that are needed to treat other diseases they are known to be effective for.  The harm comes in the form of risk that this shit will actually lead to worse outcomes and result in shortages.  And we have no fucking reason to believe that there’s any real upside that would justify the risk.  

But, you know, as long as we don’t know that it won’t not help, might as well pop pills. Or hell, no one has proven that huffing glue won’t kill coronavirus. Might as well do that too!  Or have you considered voluntary castration?  Couldn’t hurt... and it just might help!

my cure is smoking weed every day. so far, so good

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Actually POTUS makes it much more difficult on the docs.  And he absolutely caused a shortage for people that need it indicated usage.  
I work with 3 top 25 healthcare systems and they have not used much.  Sadly a metric shitload of community docs working independently just started doling it out bc it’s easier than getting sued or having a 30 min convo with a Trumptard who isn’t going to listen.  

It was like opioid convos.  Once a nutter has their mind made up good luck.  The president spouting off definitely makes it worse. Zero question.  

And, it's just WILDLY INAPPROPRIATE!

Any president in the last 50 years that spouted off about a speculative medication in circumstances like these would be excoriated.

And rightfully so.

Shit, I can't even remember a president publicly speaking about a medication by generic name in any circumstances, ever.  Because it is just not executive subject matter.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

And, it's just WILDLY INAPPROPRIATE!

Any president in the last 50 years that spouted off about a speculative medication in circumstances like these would be excoriated.

And rightfully so.

Shit, I can't even remember a president publicly speaking about a medication by generic name in any circumstances, ever.  Because it is just not executive subject matter.

‘WILDLY INAPPROPRIATE’ will be the name of his presidential library.  It will be on the campus of Dave and Buster’s in Buttfuck, MS.  

Edited by ChiTownDoc
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

At some point you should probably take Trump's cock out of your mouth. Cause, you're either going to catch the Covid from it or some nasty venirial disease.

It really doesn't matter if he owns any stock in the company. It should matter that his own medical director is on record that the President should tap the brakes on promoting it.

Seriously, there is something wrong with those that remain to be full blown Trump cock gobblers. At every step of the way he has mismanaged our efforts in combating this.

Each day brings more dumbfounded responses and remarks. Tomorrow will be no different.
  • Like 2