CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

25 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Actually POTUS makes it much more difficult on the docs.  And he absolutely caused a shortage for people that need it indicated usage.  
I work with 3 top 25 healthcare systems and they have not used much.  Sadly a metric shitload of community docs working independently just started doling it out bc it’s easier than getting sued or having a 30 min convo with a Trumptard who isn’t going to listen.  

It was like opioid convos.  Once a nutter has their mind made up good luck.  The president spouting off definitely makes it worse. Zero question.  

Ok I stand corrected. How many patients have called you to ask about it?

2 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

question: if a doctor were at the podium saying what dotus has been about HCQ, would they lose their license?

Not automatically, no. Would take time to demonstrate malicious intent or negligence, and even then that is a maybe. Medical licensure is handled by the individual state medical boards. That's a whole different can of worms.

29 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

It's also worth pointing out that low-wage service workers who are customer-facing don't have the luxury of hiding out in their homes and work from home. Those folks are much more likely to exposed to this thing.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

GRHorn is one of those people who thinks he/she/it understands how medicine and medical care works in this country. Probably could never pass basic science.

You’re out of your element, Donny. Or maybe you’re not. But I certainly am not. Just not in the primary care realm. 

23 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

"National Review. Brought to you by Sanofi."

I’ll get back to some of Y’all’s other responses later, but I know one thing for sure. Sanofi is going to fucking bank making that generic drug that other companies will be manufacturing as well. This is all Sanofi driven. #Cabal

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GRHorn said:

I’ll get back to some of Y’all’s other responses later, but I know one thing for sure. Sanofi is going to fucking bank making that generic drug that other companies will be manufacturing as well. This is all Sanofi driven. #Cabal

Yeah, this line of argument wrt a Sanofi grift specifically doesn't make much sense.  Read the article that Twice posted on the last page or the one I posted earlier today.  The federal government is buying this stuff it appears from regional generic drug manufacturers. It's a non-exclusive off patent drug and everybody with the capability is ramping it up on the faintest of hopes. The ability to actually move the market for Sanofi or Bayer or Teva and all the other much smaller companies is extremely limited.  If this is a grift play, it is one of the dumber ones ever.  Which maybe means it's on brand. The much smarter grift play imo woudl be an antibody diagnostic.  Once one of those are out there is a market of about 300MM americans who will be lining up for one.  

Much more likely in my opinion is that Trump has simply committed to the notion of a deus ex machina in a pill bottle, based on Rudy G, a few quacks, and some very weak french clinical data. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, elfenix said:

the WHO blaming is basically that WHO is a chinese puppet at this point and was complicit in china's information suppression, at least up until the 3rd week of january.  trump then half-assed a travel ban a bit over a week later against WHO recommendations.  somehow that absolves trump of sitting around with his dick in his mouth when his own intelligence agencies and even peter fucking navarro were sending up the alarm bells. 

How was Trump's travel "ban" against WHO recommendations when the WHO declared a global health emergency the day before? 

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

I'm a drama queen?  Look at the jackwagon in the oval office. It's unseemly for a President, unless possibly a medical doctor, to pimp a drug that doesn't work to the nation.  Leave the medical advice to the professionals.

It's fucking absurd.  It would only happen with this defective in charge.

Aren’t you the guy who manipulated the medical system to get a prescription for said drug?

Edited:  my apologies.  Different poster with similar name.

Edited by conVINCEd

There will likely come a day and a time in which I sneer at Frum. This is not that day.

That the pandemic occurred is not Trump’s fault. The utter unpreparedness of the United States for a pandemic is Trump’s fault. The loss of stockpiled respirators to breakage because the federal government let maintenance contracts lapse in 2018 is Trump’s fault. The failure to store sufficient protective medical gear in the national arsenal is Trump’s fault. That states are bidding against other states for equipment, paying many multiples of the precrisis price for ventilators, is Trump’s fault. Air travelers summoned home and forced to stand for hours in dense airport crowds alongside infected people? That was Trump’s fault too. Ten weeks of insisting that the coronavirus is a harmless flu that would miraculously go away on its own? Trump’s fault again. The refusal of red-state governors to act promptly, the failure to close Florida and Gulf Coast beaches until late March? That fault is more widely shared, but again, responsibility rests with Trump: He could have stopped it, and he did not.

---

If Trump truly was so trustingly ignorant as late as January 22, the fault was again his own. The Trump administration had cut U.S. public-health staff operating inside China by two-thirds, from 47 in January 2017 to 14 by 2019, an important reason it found itself dependent on less-accurate information from the World Health Organization. In July 2019, the Trump administration defunded the position that embedded an epidemiologist inside China’s own disease-control administration, again obstructing the flow of information to the United States.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/04/americans-are-paying-the-price-for-trumps-failures/609532/

scorching 

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Go on back to the DT thread. You paid your dues. Tell Sack we said he's a gutless chickenshit. 

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Go on back to the DT thread. You paid your dues. Tell Sack we said he's a gutless chickenshit. 

Say what you want about the DT thread. There the numbers are actually tracked. It’s not just grunting about Trump’s response to today’s gotcha questions. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 5

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

LMAO.  Yeah, going any further would "dox" yourself.

But he is right that there are many unstable individuals on this board. We got one over on the other forum threatening murder suicide because his wife broke shelter in place. 

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

But he is right that there are many unstable individuals on this board. We got one over on the other forum threatening murder suicide because his wife broke shelter in place. 

Damn, I missed it.

Would the murder-suicide count as 2 deaths for COVID-19?  #deathtoll

1 hour ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

my cure is smoking weed every day. so far, so good

I'm hearing that the weed smoke attaches easily to the protein coat of the corona.  The good cells in your body love to eat up that smoky flavor.

What have you got to lose?

58 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

i heard that democrats want all the sports cancelled for the next two years too.

day-14-of-no-sports-watching-a-gay-zoo-m

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Say what you want about the DT thread. There the numbers are actually tracked. It’s not just grunting about Trump’s response to today’s gotcha questions. 

Wait what? We got numbers. What you want? Dead bodies in the last hour? Number of masks and gowns hijacked from other countries? Unemployment figures? We got all that. I don't need to go over there for any of those. Yelling about posting something that happened outside Travis county? I can go without that. 

Have fun over there in your safe space. It's cool. I have some too. I have consciously avoided politics in other threads. 

Numbers? You're bragging on numbers?

GTFO man. You ain't got shit. 

Edit: gotcha questions 

The lamest ass excuse for not having a goddamn answer ever.

Translation : I don't know and I'm highly embarrassed that you asked. 

Edited by cactusflinthead
  • Like 3

50 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

There will likely come a day and a time in which I sneer at Frum. This is not that day.

That the pandemic occurred is not Trump’s fault. The utter unpreparedness of the United States for a pandemic is Trump’s fault. The loss of stockpiled respirators to breakage because the federal government let maintenance contracts lapse in 2018 is Trump’s fault. The failure to store sufficient protective medical gear in the national arsenal is Trump’s fault. That states are bidding against other states for equipment, paying many multiples of the precrisis price for ventilators, is Trump’s fault. Air travelers summoned home and forced to stand for hours in dense airport crowds alongside infected people? That was Trump’s fault too. Ten weeks of insisting that the coronavirus is a harmless flu that would miraculously go away on its own? Trump’s fault again. The refusal of red-state governors to act promptly, the failure to close Florida and Gulf Coast beaches until late March? That fault is more widely shared, but again, responsibility rests with Trump: He could have stopped it, and he did not.

---

If Trump truly was so trustingly ignorant as late as January 22, the fault was again his own. The Trump administration had cut U.S. public-health staff operating inside China by two-thirds, from 47 in January 2017 to 14 by 2019, an important reason it found itself dependent on less-accurate information from the World Health Organization. In July 2019, the Trump administration defunded the position that embedded an epidemiologist inside China’s own disease-control administration, again obstructing the flow of information to the United States.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/04/americans-are-paying-the-price-for-trumps-failures/609532/

scorching 

Utter destruction. 100% factual too (at least up until the part at the end about stealing money - I'm not informed about that). 

The sheriff on the DT thread flipped his shit when I provided nothing more than a simple extrapolation of recent fatality data a week ago or so.  I acknowledged that extrapolation is a dicey proposition, and that the projections were just that -- projections.  I'm not exactly new to this arithmetic game.  (He is.)

The DT thread is far more political than this thread.  The idea of having to artifically divorce policy discussions from politics is fucking lunacy.  You get what you pay for.

• Like 5

Damn, John Prine passed away.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-country/john-prine-obit-253684/

Americana legend and revered singer-songwriter John Prine died Tuesday (April 7) from complications of COVID-19, Prine's family confirmed to Rolling Stone and Billboard separately confirmed. The two-time Grammy-winning artist was 73.

Prine’s family revealed his diagnosis on March 29. In a message posted to social media, his family let fans know that he had been in the hospital for several days and that his situation was “critical.” His wife, Fiona, gave an update April 2, stating that he was still "very ill," yet she remained "hopeful."

Edited by Mapache
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

The sheriff on the DT thread flipped his shit when I provided nothing more than a simple extrapolation of recent fatality data a week ago or so.  I acknowledged that extrapolation is a dicey proposition, and that the projections were just that -- projections.  I'm not exactly new to this arithmetic game.  (He is.)

The DT thread is far more political than this thread.  The idea of having to artifically divorce policy discussions from politics is fucking lunacy.  You get what you pay for.

That's because there are a bunch of fucking vagines over there.  I remember during a thread about the Vietnam War during the Ken Burns show, I dared bring up the politics of the day.  How dare I bring up politics during a discussion of war?  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

lol jesus christ

If you want to know how many shares he owns -- through which shell companies -- ask Loeffler the Inside Trader.  She knows, I'm sure.

You know about 20 years ago there was a football movie where a guy who is on the field takes out a gun and shoots another player for some reason or another.  I thought, "that's so stupid.  Who would do that?"  Now, it seems as reasonable as anything else I see.

32 minutes ago, SaucyJack said:

I'm hearing that the weed smoke attaches easily to the protein coat of the corona.  The good cells in your body love to eat up that smoky flavor.

What have you got to lose?

21 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Run that by me again. And some citations would be good.

Unpublished Colombian study; small sample size and anecdotes.

• Like 3

I’ve always thought this thread was more sane.  It’s kinda like going to the recruiting forum to have a half decent football convo. 

having said that, it’s getting a little weird in here as well.  Maybe y’all take a walk, watch some Netflix, and take a break. 

Edited by Bateshorn
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

You know about 20 years ago there was a football movie where a guy who is on the field takes out a gun and shoots another player for some reason or another.  I thought, "that's so stupid.  Who would do that?"  Now, it seems as reasonable as anything else I see.

The Last Boy Scout!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

If you want to know how many shares he owns -- through which shell companies -- ask Loeffler the Inside Trader.  She knows, I'm sure.

A running back with gambling debts?

10 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

O Rly?

Why would they just parrot Chinese info?  It’s their job to provide guidance to the world right?

OK, Dr. GRH, what exactly should they do?  If the CDC said that the Javalina virus strain can't jump from feral hogs to humans would the WHO set up a lab in Kingsvile and check it out?  What's the protocol?

And didn't we have OUR OWN GUYS in China up until about then?  Maybe they would have been a better source.  If you're so sure we don't trust the Chinese why not follow through and keep Americans on the payroll there to check it out?

Edited by Bullneck

4 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

Having said that, it’s get a little weird in here as well.  Maybe y’all take a walk, watch some Netflix, and take a break. 

I suggest contagion. 

Mixed up my global death moves. My bad. 

Edited by Anastasis