CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Biden is Stephen Hawking compared to Trump.  

Keep telling yourself that.  We'd all love to see that brain addled old fool attempt to stand up there and take reporter questions about the Coronavirus for an hour day after day.  He would stroke out 10 minutes into the first one.  Is he still doing those talks from the basement

spacer.png

• Fuck You 4

Keep telling yourself that.  We'd all love to see that brain addled old fool attempt to stand up there and take reporter questions about the Coronavirus for an hour day after day.  He would stroke out 10 minutes into the first one.  Is he still doing those talks from the basement
biden_forgot-min.jpeg?itok=UH6CaQ0l
I assume he'd let the experts talk, because he wasn't treating these briefings as ego-stroking substitutes for his rallies.

But you don't care about that, do you?6343ef878d8ca69bc165da77aadec3a3.jpg
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Keep telling yourself that.  We'd all love to see that brain addled old fool attempt to stand up there and take reporter questions about the Coronavirus for an hour day after day.

i'll give it to trump, he is great at taking reporter's questions.

answering them?  not so much.

21 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Alabama and Texas are....not doing great, Bob.

d0be5c9807a59f6c7f20fa8f347444b3.jpg

These data appear out of date.  Here are the current projections from IHME (source cited in that graphic). There have been a series of down revisions to their models as they have new inputs on the impact of social distancing and the death functions. While these are positive revisions, my concern is what happens when we violate the most important assumption of the model, full social distancing through teh end of May.  Because you know that once we get to the other side of the peak, everybody is going to start getting restless and want to get back to some place of normalcy.  

Texas @ 2042 https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-states-of-america/texas

Alabama @ 634 https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-states-of-america/alabama

• Like 1

People who don't understand what models are, or how they work, or how eggheads come up with them, should shut the fuck up. Of course they won't because they are stupid fucks who don't have enough self awareness to realize that 90% of the people who read their posts, just shake their heads and think "Goddamn, that is one stupid mother fucker."

• Like 2

https://journalstar.com/news/local/the-harrowing-story-of-lincolns-first-case-of-community-spread-covid-19-recovered-and-happily/article_ac0d77a8-3a49-5db8-82e7-78ad7edd4b68.html#tracking-source=home-top-story

A story local to me. 52-year old contractor in good shape spent 6-day on a vent, and 14 in the hospital. Had the malaria drug as part of the treatment, ended up down 30 lbs, and just starting to walk around now. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Well you see, they are much smarter than us.  That's what happens when you invest in education instead of actively destroying it for the past 40 years.

Probably also working in their favor in terms of per capita testing rates is that they have an island based population roughly the size of Kyle. 

Just now, Anastasis said:

Probably also working in their favor in terms of per capita testing rates is that they have an island based population roughly the size of Kyle. 

I wasn't focusing on the per capita testing.  This sentence was much more important to me.

A salmon vet repurposed his lab to test up to 1,000 people a day if needed for #Covid19. He bought the ingredients himself & says "it was very easy to adapt, limited hocus pocus"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Johnny Sack said:

spacer.png

But Biden!

This thread moved fast today. Has this been posted yet?

Diamond and Silk had a tweet removed for violating ToS because the tweet was essentially telling people that they need to go out (ostensibly to create herd immunity).

“The only way we can become immune to the environment; we must be out in the environment. Quarantining people inside of their houses for extended periods will make people sick!”

this one was left up:

Really weird logic after telling people to go out and get infected (knowing that can affect African Americans at a greater rate).

NSIAP, but an interesting story about the success that Newsom has had procuring masks on behalf of California (with the potential to provide some of the surplus to other western states):

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2020/04/08/coronavirus-california-to-get-200m-masks-per-month-newsom-says/

He was on Maddow talking about it last night.  It's amazing to think what a united group of states - some might even think of them as "United States" - might be able to do for our healthcare workers if they banded together to act in times of crisis.  Too bad we don't have "United States" acting on their behalf right now ... 

4 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Newsom was getting flack at the beginning of this, but he has held fast. I can't speak to his other policies, but since my oldest is living out there I'm thankful for his proactive stance. Trump has been thanking him and he should.

For those that were interested in the Maddow piece.  I miss confidence-inspiring leadership like this. 

• Like 1

Again I come back to say the US is cooking the books on the number of infections.  30,000+ about every day, means we simply do not have testing. With a 30K increase daily I am guessing 100K in daily testing? We have 330,000,000, I bolded what I think we are testing daily, so in 3300 days we can all get tested at this pace?

Without testing how the fuck do we get the economy back on track?  Just have Mike Pence say a prayer, and hope for the best?

I saw Yeti Jump 10% today along with a lot of the market, on the hope is that part of summer can be salvaged.  I don't think that's gonna be the case. This may be Pearl Harbor week, but in two weeks you are going to start to see the results of the Florida "come on down" economy before health experiment. Think I'm gonna short it if it moves a few more percent upward tomorrow.

Edited by horn4life

I stupidly venture over this forum from time to time.  It continually baffles me when I see how delusional some posters are with their constant support for Trump and his administration.  A complete disgrace to society, a complete disgrace to humanity.  I've voted red and I've voted blue.  Any sane person can see we have a moron in charge that has little to no regard for human life and human rights.  
On the bright side, the majority of people on this forum seem to see what's going on.  I just hope it translates in the polls come November.  I can't handle another 4 years with this moron in charge.  At some point it's best this country fully divides and the reasonable people can live in specific states and the moronic dweebs that follow this orange tub of lard can live in the south and continue to fuck their fat sisters.

Here is an interesting exercise everyone should do. Tally up all the people you know well. Determine if they are Trump supporters or not. Then rank the overall intelligence of each of those people.

It will be interesting if you find the same conclusion that I did. If you remove extremely wealthy people who care only about preserving their wealth, there was almost a perfect correlation where my dumbest friends and associates were Trump supporters.

So there you go. Selfish wealthy people and dumb people are his base.
  • Like 3

Midway through, "we were able to use the power as a 'nation-state'..."

He's not wrong there. California is a generator despite what DC would have people believe. Sad it had to come down to that with states competing against each other like some game show contestants. This wasn't for hosting the great widget convention, this was for life-saving equipment. Good for him for getting the deal done.

21 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

And then compare Newsom to this idiot.

1f5c68ee953727647a5f26702de63f4e.jpg

It's crazy that he is so ill informed on this virus. His wife tweeted this (below) recently. If he has an infant, even if the infant is nursing, I'm not sure there would be much immunity due to the virus being "new." Maybe he isn't around his child, but seems risky IMO.

Just now, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

Newsom is impressive. So weird that he used to be married to that hosebeast Don Jr. piece Kimberly Guilfoyle.

Meanwhile, DeSantis is monkeying everything up.

Agree...it really doesn't fit the rest of the picture.

1 minute ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Amneal Pharmaceuticals and Teva Pharmaceuticals are shipping HCQ plus the Zpaks to Florida. DeSantis ordered a million doses. Is this the new "are you a Trump supporter" test of fealty?

You know it is.  Bonus points for anyone that can deliver videos of big, burly men with tattoos crying and thanking the President for saving them, their MAGA wives and the entire MAGA brood from certain Kung Flu deaths ...

2 hours ago, tchookem said:

I assume he'd let the experts talk, because he wasn't treating these briefings as ego-stroking substitutes for his rallies.

But you don't care about that, do you?6343ef878d8ca69bc165da77aadec3a3.jpg

Yep. Biden would have Fauci and Birx answering questions. As well as a qualified person doing Navarro's job.  All he would do is give a small and compassionate daily briefing.  

For sure, Biden wouldn't have to respond to a question about why he wants to defund the WHO in the middle of a pandemic.  Most of Trump's problems are of his own creation. A corpse could do better. 

Edited by FondrenRoad
  • Like 3

The number of people in this administration who are NOT complete clusterfucks wrapped in shitbombs remains pegged at ZERO.
What a fucking joke of an administration.  But they're doing a great job!  Ivanka (qualifications: two fake tits that her dad REALLY admires) has created FIFTEEN MILLION jobs, and is effectively a member of the cabinet!  As is her simp of a husband!  THE BEST PEOPLE!
How in the blue fuck can any human being look at this train wreck and NOT see it for what it is?  

That he thought his speech was good and a good idea demonstrated his incompetence to hold any office or job where he supervises others.

2 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Yep. Biden would have Fauci and Birx answering questions. As well as a qualified person doing Navarro's job.  All he would do is give a small and compassionate daily brief.  

For sure, Biden wouldn't have to respond to a question about why he wants to defund the WHO in the middle of a pandemic.  

Perhaps Biden wouldn't be at the briefings at all. The Task Force conducts the briefings at a specific time each day, as do the SBA/Economic teams and the President has a separate briefing to briefly speak to Americans and answer questions, IMO. Keeps everything manageable and pertinent. The two hour rally briefing is awful.