CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

That a pretty big double bird from the nation-state of California to Trump and the Red States.  "Suck it, Johnny Sack, we'll live.  Don't know about you."

44 minutes ago, Gap03 said:

For those that were interested in the Maddow piece.  I miss confidence-inspiring leadership like this. 

Edited by Bullneck
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Yep. Biden would have Fauci and Birx answering questions. As well as a qualified person doing Navarro's job.  All he would do is give a small and compassionate daily briefing.  

For sure, Biden wouldn't have to respond to a question about why he wants to defund the WHO in the middle of a pandemic.  Most of Trump's problems are of his own creation. A corpse could do better. 

12 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Perhaps Biden wouldn't be at the briefings at all. The Task Force conducts the briefings at a specific time each day, as do the SBA/Economic teams and the President has a separate briefing to briefly speak to Americans and answer questions, IMO. Keeps everything manageable and pertinent. The two hour rally briefing is awful.

The president should be there with the team.  It gives them an air of legitimacy, gravitas, the confidence of the nation.  This is OUR team -- the team of we the people.

But what he says should be quite abbreviated.  Introduce the various team members with a nod to what they are going to talk about.  Offer no more than 5 minutes of empathy, leadership, and calls to action.  Be a fucking SERVANT LEADER.

"I know these times are hard for so many.   From those who are in the hospital, or worrying about their loved ones in the hospital, to people out of work, wondering where their next paycheck, meal, or rent money will come from.  I can't offer you any easy or quick solutions.  But we can offer each other so much [share an anecdote or two about Americans helping each other].  If you are afraid, I am afraid with you.  If you wonder where you will find the strength to go on, I stand next to you -- so do your neighbors, all of your fellow Americans.  If you are standing and fighting to help get us through this, my administration stands and fights with you.  The greatest periods of American history often meant that we faced some of our greatest challenges.  But we faced them together, and we emerged on the other side.  We are strong -- because we are strong together.  We cannot go around this, or over it -- we must go through it.  And we will.  The strength of our nation lives not in the White House, not in a military, not in any leader.  It lives in the first three words of the Constitution.  We the people.  WE will go through this together.  All of us.  May God Bless you all, and may God bless these United States."

I pounded that out in three minutes.  He hasn't offered a single goddamned thing anything like it.  And note how none of it pretends to be an expert on epidemiology, or PPE, or any of that shit?  That's because the president isn't supposed to be the expert.  He's supposed to be the guy who's smart enough to listen to several experts, discern, and decide.

I've never known a single executive at any level as unsuited for the job as this SOB.  Not one. And I've known some pretty piss-poor executives over the years.

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Like 8

jesus christ. 

you know when your kid acts like they know something that they don't? this fucking exchange on the tva ceo is fucking incredibly just like that.

hahahaha, now a fucking tiger king pardon question! EVERYBODY CHUG

Edited by hayden_horn

2 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

jesus christ. 

you know when your kid acts like they know something that they don't? this fucking exchange on the tva ceo is fucking incredibly just like that.

hahahaha, now a fucking tiger king pardon question! EVERYBODY CHUG

So, what was his answer?

2 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

I wasn't focusing on the per capita testing.  This sentence was much more important to me.

I think a couple of touches of reality are worthwhile here.

He wasn't some sort of private-practice vet that specializes in fish, but also did dogs, cats, cattle and horses.

His entire purpose in life was testing salmon for viruses.  No other animals.  No humans.  No nothing.

So, evidently, he has a lab full of PCR analyzers that could drop all other testing in favor of CV19.

Now, the apparent fact that he was able to obtain reagent for human and CV19 testing is concerning, as I understand that has been one of our limiting factors.

13 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Taking the day off your bothsidesism?

Not really. If you guys want to start up again promoting fantastical Russian conspiracy theories and telling me I am a pathological liar for pointing out clear evidence of abuses of surveillance procedures in the context of politics, I am happy to once again tell you guys that y'all are fucking crazy while you whine about bothsiderism. 

BTW, has anyone done a well check on triple or Hugo.  Worried about triple given some of the recent cardiovascular case reports related to inappropriate HCQ use. 

3 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I think a couple of touches of reality are worthwhile here.

He wasn't some sort of private-practice vet that specializes in fish, but also did dogs, cats, cattle and horses.

His entire purpose in life was testing salmon for viruses.  No other animals.  No humans.  No nothing.

So, evidently, he has a lab full of PCR analyzers that could drop all other testing in favor of CV19.

Now, the apparent fact that he was able to obtain reagent for human and CV19 testing is concerning, as I understand that has been one of our limiting factors.

Too many characters for the tweeter box though. 

48 minutes ago, BLKNSTY said:

That's a legit concern.  For those that haven't read about what BLKNSTY is referring to:

Couple that with the news about the GOP fundraiser that had just opened a business selling hard-to-find medical supplies, and it's the type of shit that will have you scratching your head.  Hopefully Newsom has his supplies accompanied by some state military with embedded media because I could definitely see Trump trying to pull some shit, especially if Newsom gets too much positive press out of this effort.   

Edited by Gap03

"why hasn't obama supported biden. he knows something that you don't know. i think i know but you don't know."

He legitimately cannot comprehend a leader that puts their opinions or desires aside for the better of the whole.

Like, no how many small words and cartoons you used to attempt to explain the concept, he would never be able to understand it because his brain is incapable of even acknowledging that kind of behavior.

3 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Double.

Enjoy this perfect illustration of my mood until November.

c31f90650d3fad93e3f1d922779c8bf7.jpg

Johnny Sack and GRUHorn think he’s doing a fantastic job and even though the sack didn’t vote for him last time, definitely plans to vote for him in 2020.

21 minutes ago, Gap03 said:

That's a legit concern.  For those that haven't read about what BLKNSTY is referring to:

Couple that with the news about the GOP fundraiser that had just opened a business selling hard-to-find medical supplies, and it's the type of shit that will have you scratching your head.  Hopefully Newsom has his supplies accompanied by some state military with embedded media because I could definitely see Trump trying to pull some shit, especially if Newsom gets too much positive press out of this effort.   

The Feds are seizing them so they can resell them.  Duh.

I'm sure he's throwing Putin 5% of the proceeds for giving him the idea.

30 minutes ago, RPM said:

"I haven't left the WH in months." Then states he went to Virginia last week.

Well, to be fair (and that ain't easy), Virginia is about three miles away.  So, for a guy who lies all the time this is nothing.

1 hour ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Interesting phrase, "our place is to preserve and protect the American taxpayers." What if someone isn't a taxpayer? Are they not worth protecting as Americans?

If those 10 million people who just lost their jobs because of our shitty response to Covid want Murka's protection, they should get off their lazy librul asses and get jobs and pay taxes!!

51 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

Seriously, who the hell does that guy work for? 

54 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

seriously, the secret service should just hustle that guy out and throw him out on the lawn on his ass. what a fucking idiotic question.

55 minutes ago, Continental Op said:

Who the fuck asked about Tiger King?  Get the fuck out of here with that shit. 

NY Post stooge.

https://twitter.com/stevennelson10

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Oh, and a gotdamn FISH veterinarian from the Faroe Islands is kicking everyone’s ass.

https://twitter.com/paddycosgrave/status/1247867268584943617?s=21

You know what's really baffling? The Faroe Islands are between Norway and Iceland, yet they are still part of Denmark (albeit self-governing). Although you could make the same argument about Greenland, which is further west of Iceland and is part of Denmark (again, it is autonomous). But you would expect Greenland to be either part of Canada or Iceland.