CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

Dammit - it isn't that hard. We have plenty of room in economic models to cover this downturn if the money flow is directed at individuals. Fuck International Capital.

A healthy velocity of money keeps the lights on for all - including the .01% as it works its way up the system. Stop focusing the bailouts on the wealthy - who have enough damn money to make it through this (and will benefit whomever the income flow is directed - that's what they do for a living - they give wealthier by sucking up streams of income from those less wealthy. That is American Capitalism). 

Sheltering in place isn't rocket science. If you can work from home - do it. No unnecessary travel. If you are unemployed, look for work from home, interview at home, and fill the necessary jobs on the front line or the jobs in the rear echelon. If no work available for your speciality, the states (like California already has) or the feds need a job matching system to fill the necessary positions.

This is very simple - if no work available because of whatever reason, you get the same universal basic income as someone working. The workers draw UBI plus a paycheck. It is simple math. It keeps the economy functioning for the entire world. 

If states aren't willing to follow the California/Washington state models - it's time for California, Oregon and Washington to close it up and let you heathens suffer your own consequences. If a damn surfer from California can give up the waves for a few months, people from Arkansas can forego french kissing their cousins with rotten teeth for a while. Fuck Arky. 

This is not hard, but some of you deadbeats are fucking it up for those of us following basic public health guidelines. The second and third waves of this are deadly - for individuals and the economy. 

How stupid is this nation? 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

If states aren't willing to follow the California/Washington state models - it's time for California, Oregon and Washington to close it up and let you heathens suffer your own consequences. If a damn surfer from California can give up the waves for a few months, people from Arkansas can forego french kissing their cousins with rotten teeth for a while. Fuck Arky. 

gnarly indeed.

So, yeah, we're going to destroy the economy in the process.  I dumped out of my equities a while back, and I've been astonished by the rebound in the Dow over the  last week - there's just no reasoned basis for the bounce that we saw.  But here we are.  The reality will set in soon enough.

2.3 trillion from the fed seems to have finally broken big equities free of the real economy. Kai Ryssdal has been saying the D word on the pods as 16 million unemployed is an almost unfathomable number, but Wall Street don't seem to give a shit.

8 minutes ago, elfenix said:

2.3 trillion from the fed seems to have finally broken big equities free of the real economy. Kai Ryssdal has been saying the D word on the pods as 16 million unemployed is an almost unfathomable number, but Wall Street don't seem to give a shit.

Wall Street and and corporate America sell to the world now. They can deal with some American workers suffering while selling to the the rest of the world as it recovers. 

40 years of republican policy has its benefits to some. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Like I said, fuck the churches and fuck Pence for playing Jim Bakker for them from a national pandemic briefing.

American Evangelical Christianity has really done more damage to itself than any Gay Marrying Atheist Commie ever could do.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, workswithseed said:

I'm saying that if churches did pay taxes then they should. They aren't receiving any money from the government, and won't. People can give and I'm gonna guess churches are gonna help the older folks and poor folks with groceries. 

I don't think they should receive money from any government entity, but saying fuck churches ain't gonna help those that churches help with 

K.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Charlatans all of them,  but how would he even be able to verify what they did or didn't give. 

Any of those guys on that list strike you as the type that would quietly donate in the background in the hopes of not bringing attention to themselves?  

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

And our total diagnosed have hit half a million. 

So we are shutting the entire country down for a disease that kills 1 out of every 250 people it infects (assuming there has been no one wandering around out there with it who hasn't been diagnosed which is kind of like assuming the Detroit Lions are going to the Super Bowl).  We are a country full of morons.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 22

3 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

So we are shutting the entire country down for a disease that kills 1 out of every 250 people it infects (assuming there has been no one wandering around out there with it who hasn't been diagnosed which is kind of like assuming the Detroit Lions are going to the Super Bowl).  We are a country full of morons.

it's good that you can self-identify

Edited by elfenix
  • Like 8

1 minute ago, EMAWesome said:

No you are a moron. Why do you post here?  What is the point? Do you actually think you are influencing anyone here?

• Like 5

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

Against my better judgment, I'll ask:  where are you getting your numbers?

Because your post indicates skepticism with whatever numbers you are seeing.  You can get those numbers as easy as I can, and here they are:

Worldwide:  1 death in 17 people infected

United States:  1 death in 27 people infected

So, your "1 in 250" number is an outright fabrication.

Now, would you care to address possible errors in those estimates?

* the number of currently hospitalized people who will also die (which you ignored)

* the number of people who died without being counted (which you ignored)

* the number of infected people who are not being counted (which you alluded to)

It would seem you have no interest in the truth, which interestingly enough, is your MO around here 24/7.  Fuck off.

The guy your are responding to is a well known troll. Who claims he lives in Kansas yet finds the time to post here, on a longhorn message board, troll memes at 3:00 am. Engaging in any type of substantive debate with him is completely a waste of time.

Just now, JimmyJames said:

The guy your are responding to is a well known troll. Who claims he lives in Kansas yet finds the time to post here, on a longhorn message board, troll memes at 3:00 am. Engaging in any type of substantive debate with him is completely a waste of time.

You do know I'm aware of his posting history, right?

Throwing a little context up against what is clearly a FOX/Rush/Sean/Buck/Laura numerical angle of the day isn't entirely useless.  It may be lost on Mr. KSU, but it's not entirely useless for all others reading the thread.

• Like 3