CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

6 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Well, except for a majority of Americans did not elect that shitbag. I don’t and won’t take any ownership or responsibility for the fucking shit show we are all watching 

Same. But I have accepted the responsibility for throwing this whole thing in my Republican voting parents' faces. I told them and I told them he was going to fuck up the country. Fuckin boomers. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Well, except for a majority of Americans did not elect that shitbag.

Good try, but we don't elect POTUS by majority vote in our country.    Don't go changing the rules just to claim the win Pig.  

Edited by Gatorubet
not intended to insult Mr Pork
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Gil Bang said:

So, when I heard Stan had died I called him.  He said to me "Mr. President Sir, I want to thank you for the great job you've done Sir.  Sure, I'm dead Sir, but if you hadn't acted so strongly, a lot more people would be dead".  Here he was...this big, tough, dead guy, and he's crying while he's telling me this. 

😂🤣

2 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Good try, but we don't elect POTUS by majority vote in our country.    Don't go changing the rules just to claim the win Pig.   We can all hate that shit-stain Trump without resorting to Aggy-think.

He didn’t win Michigan Wisconsin and Pennsylvania either. The election was a fraud.

We set up the conditions for this to happen, regardless of who did or did not vote to him, or how fraudulent the election was. We gutted education, particularly civics and government.   We stopped voting in our local elections.  We let money take over politics.  We stopped supporting quality journalism, and also local journalism.  We got fat and lazy, and let the country be taken over by criminals.

• Like 7

There is no deep state. The fact that trump is still alive is all the proof you need of that.
If you want to believe in conspiracies, the guys who shot Kennedy were probably  criminals like our  current president who just needed LBJ to be the president so they could likely stay out of jail. Nothing more.
Or Oswald just did it himself because he was a trumpkin-like supporting nut.

Is anyone else longing for the days of the deep state? In retrospect that seems like a better option right now.

4 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

We set up the conditions for this to happen, regardless of who did or did not vote to him, or how fraudulent the election was. We gutted education, particularly civics and government.   We stopped voting in our local elections.  We let money take over politics.  We stopped supporting quality journalism, and also local journalism.  We got fat and lazy, and let the country be taken over by criminals.

Well yeah, I suppose there is THAT. 

Just now, David Dennison said:

We might want to start paying closer attention to these regional pacts between eastern and western states. They are clearly not enamored with the federal government at the moment.

Just sayin'.

If trump somehow steals the election there will be secession. 

Funny how the constitution does not apply to Trump, but it could apply to Apple & Google:

https://appleinsider.com/articles/20/04/13/trump-says-apple-and-googles-covid-19-contact-tracing-program-is-amazing-but-warns-of-big-constitutional-problems

Trump was asked about the new contact tracing method during what has become an almost daily press briefing from the Coronavirus Task Force. 

Announced last week, the Apple-Google partnership employs specialized APIs that use Bluetooth communications to determine the proximity between iOS and Android devices. Using anonymized identifiers stored locally on a host device, the system maintains a rolling database of contacts, which can be cross referenced with server-side information to pinpoint potential exposure to COVID-19. 

"Well it's an amazing thing, but a lot of people have some very big constitutional problems with it, you know that," Trump said. "It's an amazing thing. And it would be, actually, as you know other countries are thinking about using something similar, but not as good." 

When asked if he would prefer Americans to use another tracking method, like those being put to use in other countries, Trump deflected, saying he didn't "want to get into that because we have a whole constitutional thing."  

"We have more of a constitutional problem than a mechanical problem, but we will be making a determination on that," Trump added. "That's something we're going to be discussing with a lot of people over the next four weeks. That would be a very accurate way of doing it, but a lot of people have a problem with it." 

6 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

So I wonder what the rest of counties do outside the city limits and Travis. 

When our Dear Leader wannabe president tries to end these orders by decree, the State of Texas will do what it loves the most: go after local policies in Austin, Dallas, Houston, and San Antonio because FOX News said so. And they will speak with a straight face about local control.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jw4381 said:

Like if our industrial titans were all men like John Galt and Hank Rearden then there would be no need for labor unions because they would value and respect the contributions of labor and compensate them fairly, not exploit them as much as possible for the sake of their own personal enrichment.

happy bear grylls GIF by NBC

Maybe you should actually read a book before mocking it. Otherwise you might come off looking like an idiot. 

Atlas Shrugged is a big book and you couldn't make your way through it. Sure, that was because it sucked. Not because it was more than you come of handle. Right? Personally, I wouldn't brag that I couldn't read a big book, but if I didn't read a book I certainly wouldn't mock it as if I had a single fucking clue what it said. But that's just me. 

• Haha 1

I take no responsibility at all. /genx. But I will have to pay for it as usual.
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, HenryJames said:

Imagine watching a movie like Armageddon and fucking Ivanka Trump and her husband walk into the scene as the people in charge because Donald Trump is President. No one would write that story because it would be fucking insane yet this is our reality.

spacer.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

He can’t. Become he’s a lying cocksucker. Go ahead, Emaw, defend today’s shitshow. Show a milligram of courage, you spineless sack of sycophantic shit.

You see, it's like the goats on a farm. Goats. You know with the scary eyes and horns? They're called goats, a lot of people don't know that.

Well these goats just eat grass and just about anything else. They jump around, these goats. They bang each others' horns. Beautiful horns. Well, they eat the grass and then one day a new goat comes along. Very popular. Very smart goat. He's been told he's the smartest goat in the world. He's new to this pen of goats, but they love him. He could gore another goat to death right there on the manger and not lose a singe follower.

This goat that everybody loves, he's finally made the leader. He's going to make goat world great again. Greatest goat ever. He's elected by the biggest majority of goats ever. One day, this brilliant goat says follow me to a better world. The herd, the herd, they go crazy they're so happy with this goat, the leader goat. They follow him. Follow him like no one has ever seen before. Some of the followers, tough goats, weep with joy at the way the leader goats leads the goats. Everybody follows him.

Right into the abattoir. This goat is so great, that he's the only one who comes out. Then it's off to a new herd. I think that's a great story. It makes the herd stronger because the one goat, the great looking, much-admired leader goat keeps coming out great. The farmers love him. The butchers love him. They pet him and give him the best oats. The goat has a billion oats. He's doing great.

Greatest goat ever.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, gmr548 said:

When our Dear Leader wannabe president tries to end these orders by decree, the State of Texas will do what it loves the most: go after local policies in Austin, Dallas, Houston, and San Antonio because FOX News said so. And they will speak with a straight face about local control.

And like before Austin, Dallas, Houston and San Antonio will tell the Governor and Trump to go fuck themselves.

Has there ever been a time when so many cities were in a constant fight with the Federal government?

Actually, Armageddon might have hit pretty close to the mark.
General Kimsey: We got robbery, assault, arrest, resisting arrest. We got a collection agent for the mob. Two of these guys have done serious time. 
Truman: Look, they're the best at what they do. 
General Kimsey: So am I. And I'm not so optimistic. We spend 250 billion dollars a year on defense. And here we are. The fate of the planet is in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun.

White. House. White House.
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, F250 said:

And like before Austin, Dallas, Houston and San Antonio will tell the Governor and Trump to go fuck themselves.

Has there ever been a time when so many cities were in a constant fight with the Federal government?

The thing is that Abbott, Patrick, and the rest of the Trump ghouls actively want people in the blue spots (i.e cities) to become infected, and then they claim that local R leadership would have been better. Even though they're the ones telling people to open up (and enough will open in the cities to ensure infection spikes). It doesn't even need to make sense, it's enough to keep the R rube train going strong. The R's will always have the advantage unless society can overcome their obstacles to education. 

13 minutes ago, F250 said:

Virginia pastor who held packed church services during coronavirus and who mocked the virus dies of coronavirus.  His wife also has it.

https://nypost.com/2020/04/13/virginia-pastor-who-held-packed-church-service-dies-of-coronavirus/

Their daughter, Mar-Gerie Crawley, told WTVR that her father initially dismissed his symptoms because he has a condition that often leads to fevers and infections.

She is now urging everyone to stay home.

“It becomes very real to you,” she told WTVR after her parents’ diagnoses.

“I just beg people to understand the severity and the seriousness of this, because people are saying it’s not just about us, it’s about everyone around us.”

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Virginia pastor who held packed church services during coronavirus and who mocked the virus dies of coronavirus.  His wife also has it.

https://nypost.com/2020/04/13/virginia-pastor-who-held-packed-church-service-dies-of-coronavirus/

Christians should be whipping themselves and carrying giant crosses, wailing and such, like that scene in "The Seventh Seal." If we're going to do the plague thing, let's go whole hog. 

1 hour ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Thoughts and prayers

• Like 3
  • Haha 1